X-Basilisk/Basilisk TLC

LadyInBlack1910

Suggestion

Hello, 

I am an avid ark player, I have been since it was released back on preview for consoles 5 years ago. Hardly seems like it’s been that long. 

Anyways, I wanted to share a few ideas I had for an X-Basilisk or Basilisk TLC. Don’t get me wrong, I know some people love it the way it is, but I can’t help but feel like they are a little lackluster. Besides their amazing weight bonus, there’s not much reason to tame them. But I’m hoping these ideas will appeal to you and maybe make it into a new creature or at least a TLC for the current one. 

-Give the basilisk a steadied strike attack. The attack would lock onto a target, bring the basilisk into striking position and when release the attack button, it strikes with 2x normal base damage. 

- Give it the ability to camouflage and blend with its surroundings, similar to the rock drake, maybe not invisible but color change like a chameleon?

-Give it the ability to see in infrared, much like the snow owl.

-Give it’s base attack a cripple affect that slows enemies for 10 seconds every 30 seconds.

-Change it’s basic bites affect from torpor to match more of a predatory serpents bite. Make it’s bites slowly poison it’s prey, draining health and stamina over time for a duration of time.

-give it toxic spit, much like it’s it poison clouds now, but make them blind you, and increase preys torpor.

As for the look of the creature, I’d add iridescent scales or coloring. To match it’s very vibrant ecosystem. And possibly some scale patterns that set it apart, and look more like a worthy adversary that would be found in the lush biomes these creatures frequently spawn.

4 replies to this server topic

9 hours ago, birdguy0705 said:

I feel the basilisk should be changed in many ways, I like the idea of basilisks being semi aquatic more than burrowing, but the burrowing is only stupid because it moves ridiculously fast, it won't spit acid either. could be something more like a cross between a sea snake and an anaconda, moving incredibly slowly (about as fast as a stego) on land and in water, although it wouldn't be able to tunnel through the ground like a reaper queen (it makes actual sense with the reaper, because they have long claws like many digging animals, and also don't move very much underground), but could bury itself to become invisible to prey and temporarily escape attackers to compensate for it's slow speed (basically it would be a giant wiggly purlovia, no you won't get dismounted depending on your dino's size). It would also be able to burst out of the ground suddenly and grab/latch onto whatever is in front of it, injecting venom potentially capable of killing a wild giga (I don't think this would be overpowered because enemies could see you coming and have a high chance to escape if you aren't stealthy enough, and to prevent it from being used precisely to easily kill things that are supposed to be hard to fight, the vast majority of wild creatures are afraid of basilisks, and the ones that aren't are immune to the venom e.g armored animals like carbonemys and karkinos, aswell as mechanical/elemental creatures e.g enforcers and feroxes), if the victim is small enough (or isn't covered in spikes *glares at kentro*) the basilisk will wrap around them like an anaconda in case the venom wasn't enough, and then swallow it whole like a real snake would, larger animals may temporarily hinder basilisks when eaten and the effect would also last longer depending on the size (e.g a carno, post tlc basilisks would also be smaller, the biggest animal they could swallow would probably be a megalodon or sarco). Wow my fingers are getting sore. Anyway, on to it's other traits/abilities, the basilisk would not usually be bioluminescent, this would mess up it's stealth role. The basilisk would be slightly faster in water than on land, but still very slow, however it would not have an oxygen stat (all aquatics/semiaquatics have no oxygen stat except for the spino, diplo and eel, and the basilisk already has no oxygen stat), it can also bury itself underwater although it leaves a cloud of dust after burying/lunging, but can also become invisible on the sea floor like a wobbegong shark, certain objects/terrain (e.g glowing vegetation or lava, it will also be immune to lava/molten element damage aswell as radiation) will cause it to glow, the glow can also be activated/deactivated manually and will automatically activate when a basilisk (both wild and tamed) engages is combat and can determine it's health (if at full health will be default to whatever color was assigned to that region, turns redder the lower the health bar is). Now you might be wondering is there any other way Wildcard could change the basilisk? Yes! They could change the taming method. Since the basilisk will be smaller and venomous it will have all stats drastically nerfed, and it already isn't really worth fighting through hordes upon hordes of rock drakes just to get a flightless poison wyvern. Instead you would have to lure it into a trap, which will be difficult because they won't chase you very much. However if you have one you could use a karkinos (the argentavis is immune to basilisk attacks when grabbing them but argents drop whatever they carry when you dismount) grab the basilisk (it will small enough to grab), using either strategy you will wait for it to calm down and then slowly carefully approach it, stopping if it aggros again, once you are close enough you can passive tame them feeding them (be extra careful, as you are also close enough to feed yourself to it, restarting the taming process! They can also turn instantly like sarcos) dino eggs, draggable corpses, or live dinos small enough to carry (effectiveness is determined by the size of the food, although this can be bypassed if a basilisk likes a particular food), however they will not eat meat or kibble even when tamed (they will if their hunger is low enough), your basilisks won't starve if they have meat in their inventory or a trough, although they cannot collect resources from corpses (and cannot harvest corpses of dinos too large to swallow) but gain hunger from harvesting corpses. Wow this was a lot longer than I had expected, anyway that's probably a bit more than enough for a tlc other than less cringy sounds.

Just gonna say, the current Basilisk is probably better than this overall. As slow as a Stego? Your grasp on Basilisk size is also way off. You want them to be smaller, but also able to swallow Megalodon and Sarcos, creatures the current Basilisk would probably choke and die on? I get that Anaconda's can swallow some ridiculous stuff, but even they have limits. 

Plus, a venom that can kill wild Gigas? From a creature who can just spring out of the ground at a moments notice? No thanks. 

I feel the basilisk should be changed in many ways, I like the idea of basilisks being semi aquatic more than burrowing, but the burrowing is only stupid because it moves ridiculously fast, it won't spit acid either. could be something more like a cross between a sea snake and an anaconda, moving incredibly slowly (about as fast as a stego) on land and in water, although it wouldn't be able to tunnel through the ground like a reaper queen (it makes actual sense with the reaper, because they have long claws like many digging animals, and also don't move very much underground), but could bury itself to become invisible to prey and temporarily escape attackers to compensate for it's slow speed (basically it would be a giant wiggly purlovia, no you won't get dismounted depending on your dino's size). It would also be able to burst out of the ground suddenly and grab/latch onto whatever is in front of it, injecting venom potentially capable of killing a wild giga (I don't think this would be overpowered because enemies could see you coming and have a high chance to escape if you aren't stealthy enough, and to prevent it from being used precisely to easily kill things that are supposed to be hard to fight, the vast majority of wild creatures are afraid of basilisks, and the ones that aren't are immune to the venom e.g armored animals like carbonemys and karkinos, aswell as mechanical/elemental creatures e.g enforcers and feroxes), if the victim is small enough (or isn't covered in spikes *glares at kentro*) the basilisk will wrap around them like an anaconda in case the venom wasn't enough, and then swallow it whole like a real snake would, larger animals may temporarily hinder basilisks when eaten and the effect would also last longer depending on the size (e.g a carno, post tlc basilisks would also be smaller, the biggest animal they could swallow would probably be a megalodon or sarco). Wow my fingers are getting sore. Anyway, on to it's other traits/abilities, the basilisk would not usually be bioluminescent, this would mess up it's stealth role. The basilisk would be slightly faster in water than on land, but still very slow, however it would not have an oxygen stat (all aquatics/semiaquatics have no oxygen stat except for the spino, diplo and eel, and the basilisk already has no oxygen stat), it can also bury itself underwater although it leaves a cloud of dust after burying/lunging, but can also become invisible on the sea floor like a wobbegong shark, certain objects/terrain (e.g glowing vegetation or lava, it will also be immune to lava/molten element damage aswell as radiation) will cause it to glow, the glow can also be activated/deactivated manually and will automatically activate when a basilisk (both wild and tamed) engages is combat and can determine it's health (if at full health will be default to whatever color was assigned to that region, turns redder the lower the health bar is). Now you might be wondering is there any other way Wildcard could change the basilisk? Yes! They could change the taming method. Since the basilisk will be smaller and venomous it will have all stats drastically nerfed, and it already isn't really worth fighting through hordes upon hordes of rock drakes just to get a flightless poison wyvern. Instead you would have to lure it into a trap, which will be difficult because they won't chase you very much. However if you have one you could use a karkinos (the argentavis is immune to basilisk attacks when grabbing them but argents drop whatever they carry when you dismount) grab the basilisk (it will small enough to grab), using either strategy you will wait for it to calm down and then slowly carefully approach it, stopping if it aggros again, once you are close enough you can passive tame them feeding them (be extra careful, as you are also close enough to feed yourself to it, restarting the taming process! They can also turn instantly like sarcos) dino eggs, draggable corpses, or live dinos small enough to carry (effectiveness is determined by the size of the food, although this can be bypassed if a basilisk likes a particular food), however they will not eat meat or kibble even when tamed (they will if their hunger is low enough), your basilisks won't starve if they have meat in their inventory or a trough, although they cannot collect resources from corpses (and cannot harvest corpses of dinos too large to swallow) but gain hunger from harvesting corpses. Wow this was a lot longer than I had expected, anyway that's probably a bit more than enough for a tlc other than less cringy sounds.

Archived