Dedicated storage ready to demo but base is not?

Cowgirl

Decay timers only reset when the item/structure is rendered in. If the dedi is out of render distance from the base, and they haven't made sure to render it in then it's timer will keep running down even if they've logged in to reset the timer on the base.

I doubt it's a snap issue as it should auto decay after 12 hours not just allow demolish

3 hours ago, carbonark said:

Decay timers only reset when the item/structure is rendered in. If the dedi is out of render distance from the base, and they haven't made sure to render it in then it's timer will keep running down even if they've logged in to reset the timer on the base.

I doubt it's a snap issue as it should auto decay after 12 hours not just allow demolish

It's in the base with the other stuff, I want to tell the person but I havent caught them online yet since I noticed!

On 1/16/2021 at 11:51 AM, carbonark said:

It won't auto decay.  Someone has to break it.  Just ask the 2 tribes that gifted me 40,000 shards this last week because of that very mistake.

Pro tip: don't leave your replicator out in the open with a single dedicated storage right next to it unsnapped and full of shards.  Someone will notice eventually.

30 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

It won't auto decay.  Someone has to break it.  Just ask the 2 tribes that gifted me 40,000 shards this last week because of that very mistake.

Pro tip: don't leave your replicator out in the open with a single dedicated storage right next to it unsnapped and full of shards.  Someone will notice eventually.

I understand that with single  dedicated, and thats why I always put atleast 2 more. But last week some strange dilo happened. 

Few people, including me, logged in to find few dedi are missing. They were outside base, filled with e dust. Is it possible that server screwed us or ??  I mean it isn't big deal, I lost like 100k, just curious 

25 minutes ago, hud said:

I understand that with single  dedicated, and thats why I always put atleast 2 more. But last week some strange dilo happened. 

Few people, including me, logged in to find few dedi are missing. They were outside base, filled with e dust. Is it possible that server screwed us or ??  I mean it isn't big deal, I lost like 100k, just curious 

It depends on the servers in question maybe.  It wasn't me , I only found 2 on 2 separate servers w/ shards. 

But there was a bunch of valguero servers which lost 4-6 days being rolled back that far.   It could depend on when you set down the dedicated storages, if they were recently placed and your server rolled back.... who knows what you were doing at the exact moment the server was rolled back to.

Putting a dedicated storage onto a foundation or ceiling tile doesn't count as snapped for the dedicated storage,  they must first be snapped to another dedicated storage for the timer to extend to the 80 days.  Otherwise, they are continuously going back to 12hrs after you log in, and count down when you are no longer around or online.

I can't think of anyway to break down a pair that's snapped on PVE aside from waiting out the timer after a tribe quits.  My tribemate recently noticed his replicator took some damage and looking them up we realized they can very easily be broken by mobs, I have not heard of that w/ the storages and their info page does not list the same vulnerability as a replicator does on its info pages.

Leaving a replicator out in the open on extinction or genesis is beyond stupid from what I've read on them.

1 hour ago, Cowgirl said:

The one I found, when I found it, had almost 100k metal, I didn't take it but I have tried to let the owner know, we have different play schedules though.

You could always take it and leave them a note on a billboard nearby.  You can secure it from someone else from taking it, someone will eventually.  The owner will definitely know there was a problem after they see it missing.  Until then, they will be oblivious.

4 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

You could always take it and leave them a note on a billboard nearby.  You can secure it from someone else from taking it, someone will eventually.  The owner will definitely know there was a problem after they see it missing.  Until then, they will be oblivious.

I left billboards near their main base telling them they need to snap at least 2 together and why, if it is still singular I might do that tonight. I thought about it before, and I thought it was only 8k metal, so totally doable, but then after a better look I realized it was almost 100k, the super tricky part is even if they have their door for the base closed you can get in easily because there are missing walls. 

8 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

I left billboards near their main base telling them they need to snap at least 2 together and why, if it is still singular I might do that tonight. I thought about it before, and I thought it was only 8k metal, so totally doable, but then after a better look I realized it was almost 100k, the super tricky part is even if they have their door for the base closed you can get in easily because there are missing walls. 

do it now before someone else does

Archived