TheRagingG86

So having spent the past week building and getting footage of the village im building my game is not loading up since the new update was installed. i cant access it to finish of the video im wanting to make and i dont want to delete the save game as ill lose all the progress. Its very annoying that its broken my save game anyone with a solution? iv verifyed my game files and im not keen on uninstalling the game as again ill lose all my progress 

3 hours ago, TheRagingG86 said:

So having spent the past week building and getting footage of the village im building my game is not loading up since the new update was installed. i cant access it to finish of the video im wanting to make and i dont want to delete the save game as ill lose all the progress. Its very annoying that its broken my save game anyone with a solution? iv verifyed my game files and im not keen on uninstalling the game as again ill lose all my progress 

You spend one week playing Ark without making a single backup? This last update was a mess - broke basically all the major mods in the workshop - but I'm not having problems (besides the fact is taking 2x the time to load) loading my old save.

If you still continue to play after this "minor" setback, remove all your armor and unload you hotbar in the nearest dino before you make the backup file EVERYTIME. Never play with resource respawn over 0.1 and always do a dino wipe after 2-3 days playing. This 4 things (plus having backups - keep at least 3 all the time) will save you from A LOT of problems in the future. SP is buggy as hell, but is even a bigger mess if you don't know what to expect...

4 hours ago, TheRagingG86 said:

I'm assuming you are using mods, at least one of them, if you're not using any mods then ignore this post.

You basically have two other choices:

1) Wait until your mods get updated to see if that fixes the problem.

2) Test your mods now so you'll know which mod (or mods) have issues.

a) Make a backup copy of your save file, disable all of your mods, and see if you can log in. If you can log in then that means one of your mods is causing the problem.

b) Start turning on one mod at a time, and by "one at a time" I really mean one at a time. Enable a single mod, try to log in. If you can log in then log out, disable that mod, enable a different mod and try to log in. Test each mod individually so that you don't accidentally trigger some problem that happens when you have multiple mods enabled.

Once you have figured out which mod (or mods) have a problem you can decide whether you can keep playing without that mod or need to wait until the mod gets updated.

I think ARK single player suffers from extreme neglect (all I see in logs is pvp fixes), so much neglected it is now unplayable with default settings, plus has tons of frustrating bugs.

There are at least two game breaking bugs and many highly annoying glitches.

1. the resource respawn mechanics will become a softlock

in single player the resources nodes will not respawn if they're out of render range, not at all, for example if you farmed all the metal in all the mountains and then you spend months in herb island, you'd expect all metal has respawned? wrong, not a single node will be available. either the out of range respawn counters are completely frozen and they get reset everytime you quit/reload game.

Now this is going to be a serious problem when you'll need +10000 metal ingots to craft 20 endgame saddle, especially if you fail the boss and all your rex die and you must craft op saddles again... and again... you will be softlocked.

2. the artifact in tiny ice cave

unless you're extremely lucky it won't spawn in single player, the reason is the cave is so small and you have to be far enough from the artifact at the right moment for it to spawn, extremely unlikely given how small the cave is. there is a reason why in every walkthru of that cave I've seen on youtube, the streamers were spawning the artifact with a cheat code, this is just totally unacceptable

3. severe overspawn problems

I've played 2 free maps, the center and ragnarok, and both had overspawn problem, which were reported many times here (even found screenshot) and make certain parts of the map completely unplayable due to frame rate dropping below 5fps

https://cdn.survivetheark.com/uploads/monthly_2020_04/5.jpg.bebf75fe47beb54a7c7d81299ed4f60a.jpg

https://cdn.survivetheark.com/uploads/monthly_2020_04/4.jpg.3ee1cca428e59a5bfcd72addd359254b.jpg

4. beacon loot drop going through the mesh

one of the most frustrating bugs later in the game, when you have high level flyers  fast enough to cover the map quickly and want to do some loot hunting, when they spawn OUT OF RENDER RANGE many beacons will go through the mesh and become inaccessible (on every map I played, about 20%-30% of the beacon are affected bu this bug) this is highly frustrating when you hurried to a red beacon with ring spotted from afar only to see it went though the ground and you can't loot it. Once again it's been reported many times here with screenshots

https://cdn.survivetheark.com/uploads/monthly_2018_03/5a9e2a1d3e038_BeaconGlitch.jpg.1fafcc8547f3d2f65f0a274e06593c90.jpg

Considering pvp is 100% cheat and pve is 100% lag, many have nothing but single player, but I guess devs just couldn't care less.

I don't expect them to fix any of the above bugs, just want you to know that this is the state of ARK in 2021. The development of ARK will soon end for ARK2 and they will leave this game full of bugs. If you are angry or if you feel frustrated about it, you have every right to.

I concure with number 1, ABSOLUTELY AGREE with issue 2, do not understand number 3 however I do know that big bases and multiple dino's in an area such as a kibble farm can cause the FPS to crash horridly on xbox x with external SSD. 

And agree with number 4 as well......Iv had to use the ghost command in order to get my assentation grade rex saddle. Kinda bummer we have to rely on admin commands and cheat mode cause the game does things like this. >.>

5 hours ago, penUGaming said:

(...)

All this things was discussed to exhaustion yet no move was taken by WC over the years.

There are several other crippling issues never addressed, you are not even scratching the surface with only four topics. My comment above your "(...) (1) remove all your armor and unload you hotbar in the nearest dino before you make the backup file EVERYTIME. (2) Never play with resource respawn over 0.1 and (3) always do a dino wipe after 2-3 days playing (...)".

This address some of your issues, right? The 0.1 (or 0.001 and fly around to repopulate the world with resources again) resource respawn is the "fix" for SP (the resources respawn while you are still in the area); the dino wipe is to clean the borders of your base (where the "overspawn problems" happens more often) and all the lingering dinos bugged under the mesh and caves blocking respawns; the (1) is a special bug that I saw five times in 1300h playing Ark (but is the worst) - when you log in your SP all your items (equipped: both armor and hotbar) become unusable blueprints blocking the slots, making you lose all your gear and bug your character (it can happens when restarting a server - in SP a restart happens every time you log in, making it more likely to be affected).

The beacon thingy is a problem since day 1. Aberration happens way to often... but is a smaller problem than Rock Drakes wandering like crack addicts p.ex., making dying in the AB surface (and losing your Drake) a common occurrence. The artifact is like this since day 1 too - just do as everyone else: spawn in a bunch of them and forget about it (not worth to waste your time reporting this because will never be fixed).

And serious, Ark 2 is Atlas all over again.

Archived