Crafting Skill and Stats

yeellis

Ok so I know this probably sounds very stupid, but what does putting points into your crafting skill do for you. Becuase right now i'm playing on Scorched Earth I'm level 80 and my stats are currently this 

Health: 300

Stamina: 110

Oxygen: 100

Food: 110

Water: 100

Weight: 330

Melee Damage: 100%

Movement Speed: 116.5%

Crafting Skill: 100%

Fortitude: 46

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Crafting_Skill

Each time you craft an item using a blueprint, the resulting item will have a random Crafted Skill Bonus from zero to the maximum based on your current Crafting Skill. Items crafted from engrams don't get any bonus 

imagine you have a lv 100 character you put all the point in crafting skill, that means you can have up to 50% bonus on bp

exemple you have a crossbow bp with 200% damage, with 50% bonus in crafting skill you can craft crossbow up to 250% damage, you going to tell me 50% of 200 is not 50 but 100 so i should get 300% damage but in reality it is 50% bonus of what ever damage above the base damage that is 100% here 

so in my exemple with the crossbow bp with 200% damage the math is (200-100) +50%

same thing for saddle 

saddle bp of 85 armor, with 50% crafting bonus you can get saddle up to 115 armor (85-25)+50% (25 is the base armor for saddle)

Multipliers are different for every category like msc or acc or don't know what. That means if u have same bp with different quality and if u use same crafting char u might get better, higher item from better bp. On other hand if u have a same bp, let's say giga saddle with exactly 100%, one is asc second one is jrm and your char is above 130 lvl, thans better to craft jrm because of cost. Soory for typooo,  working 😛

2 hours ago, hud said:

Multipliers are different for every category like msc or acc or don't know what. That means if u have same bp with different quality and if u use same crafting char u might get better, higher item from better bp. On other hand if u have a same bp, let's say giga saddle with exactly 100%, one is asc second one is jrm and your char is above 130 lvl, thans better to craft jrm because of cost. Soory for typooo,  working 😛

This is incorrect. Each tier has same bonus on crafting skill. 100 armor mastercraft and 100 armor ascendant will both get same bonus from crafting skill if you get same % roll when crafting.

Ill put it as simple as I can.....crafting skill is only helpful for the blueprints you find in caves, BUT the more points you put into crafting BEFORE making the blueprint, the better stuff you can make. You can also make as many blueprints as you want......With that said, you will also have a chance of getting an even better saddle due to a "chance roll" if you make 10 saddles a few of them may be of a much better quality than the rest. This way some of your lower stat tames can take advantage of the best saddles.
Best way to really take advantage of this is to take a mind wipe right before crafting the bluerints, then put alll of your stats and put them all into crafting skill.....When your done, you will get the best saddles possible.

18 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Ill put it as simple as I can.....crafting skill is only helpful for the blueprints you find in caves, BUT the more points you put into crafting BEFORE making the blueprint, the better stuff you can make. You can also make as many blueprints as you want......With that said, you will also have a chance of getting an even better saddle due to a "chance roll" if you make 10 saddles a few of them may be of a much better quality than the rest. This way some of your lower stat tames can take advantage of the best saddles.
Best way to really take advantage of this is to take a mind wipe right before crafting the bluerints, then put alll of your stats and put them all into crafting skill.....When your done, you will get the best saddles possible.

Or get extremely bad luck and get 10% or less bonus on each saddle you make from 30 batch.

Two days ago I found a MC blueprint for a therizino saddle.  I wanted to make a bunch of them so I did a mind wipe, re-allocated stats to boost crafting skill up to 800% (kept some stats in weight so I could carry a stack of metal), then made my saddles... 23 so far.  The BP alone gave an armor rating of 85.1.  But with the boost in crafting my saddles came out anywhere from 85.1 to 106. Almost all are in the 95-100 range.  So yes, boosting the crafting skill helps, but sometimes it is best to wait to put points into it until you are ready to do a bunch of high level crafting.  I would not waste a few points in that category during your normal gameplay... when you need it, boost it BIG to make the most impact.  

18 hours ago, wizard03 said:

wha? Iv never had that happen. Granted, Iv had saddles that wasn't as good as others, but never less? o.o

I mean that with a crafting skill 1000+ character you get all the saddles roll a 10% or lower bonus instead of getting 35%+ bonus. Hell, i have gotten 5 saddles out of 15 saddles batch with under 1% crafting skill bonus. 

4 hours ago, Luewen said:

I mean that with a crafting skill 1000+ character you get all the saddles roll a 10% or lower bonus instead of getting 35%+ bonus. Hell, i have gotten 5 saddles out of 15 saddles batch with under 1% crafting skill bonus. 

Oh, yeah Iv had those happen before too. typically thrown straight into the grinder. x.x There goes 7k hide

Archived