What's the best way to get wyvern eggs?

Imorcutt

32 minutes ago, Imorcutt said:

I play on Ragnarok and I'm wondering what's the most efficient less-likely to die way to get wyvern eggs? I use Pteranodons since they're faster than most but is there a better way?

Im not sure if rag is the same as SE, but the very first egg I stole, I used a "junk" argy. I still don't know how I got away, but to this day I remember screaming out loud as I was being chased down by a fire wyvern. XD After about 3 minutes of the WEIRDEST flying Iv ever done in this game, I finally made it out safe and sound.

If you want more ideas, you can check out nooblets version. More or less he uses a pteranodon to steal the egg and get the heck out of dodge and to a small base nearby. The base has angled roofing tiles as a fence to "catch" any angry wyverns chasseing him, he then hops off the ptera inside the base, then gets onto a galimius, and then gets the heck outa dodge at mock 4.....wyverns can't catch him, but you gotta be careful. Just a tiny little hop =fall damage like you have never seen before.

Tropeo is by far the easiest way to steal eggs if you have one or can go tame one. Plenty of weight capacity, flies forever with a few points invested into stam, and nothing out there can even attempt to keep up with it. Find yourself in a tight spot and all you need to do is tap c and you backflip across the map miles away from any danger.

On Rag, the simplest way is to snag an ice wyvern egg with a ptera, half the time the Wyverns aren't even around to chase you. Then hatch that, level it up a bit and use that to go into the main trench to get decent eggs.

Once you have a decent fire wyvern, the trench is zero challenge at all, I clear the trench regularly killing almost every wyvern in there as I go (level dependant).

Or if you're really bored, you can do something like this 😂 (might not be possible on official)

unknown.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

couple other strats i didn't see skimming through,

1) griffin and a whip

2) giga just outside the trench to kill anything you kite up

3) going to the southern cave and going in on foot/ swimming there's a nest (or two?) where you can get a egg with nothing more to your name than maybe an escape raft... it's not easy but it's low risk bc u don't need anything more than your toon

Go to rag, go to wyvern grotto (cave under a waterfall in a river) as opposed to wyvern scar thats near volcano at the north. Swim into the back and there is two wyvern egg spawns that are on the ground. Just gotta swim out of the water and run at the eggs and jump back in before the wyverns get you.

Lol didnt see you said this already. Ok take two. Use a thylocoleo in the wyvern grotto. With the right tecnique you can get all the eggs one or two at a time and jumping into the water and swimming. You will need to have high enough oxy to swim out and away of the grotto or if you find a very specific air lock pocket thats on either the first or the second pillar as you go in you can dismount your thylo into it and it will be chilling. Put the eggs into a storage box on a raft that you can access without breaking the waters surface. and then go a bit away and out and let the wyverns kill you to remove the weird death mark

If your swag and have arb to spend put autos on your raft and target wild. Just grab eggs as normal and run to raft for safety XD

A kinda scummy way to do it in the grotto is that there is a mesh tp spot at the top of the cave. Grab your egg with your pt and just fly up into it. You will get teleported above the cave and lose alk the wyverns instantly

Final strat is if you have good manas is to just sit there on the egg with a haz helm or gas mask and murder everything that comes near you

manage to take a oviraptor into the nest and set it follow it will pickup the egg in its hand without annoying the wyverns nearby.Just make sure to keep eyes on wyverns in case the get too close and discover you.

by the way I'm not sure wether wyverns get angry because of the pick-up caction or because of the eggs in your bag,so it is possible to get in trouble if you tack over the egg from your oviraptor before leaving the nests far enough.just try it! After all a oviraptor  is very easy to tame,the same to a pteranodon.

Archived