Which dlc is the best

Snakeshot

13 hours ago, Snakeshot said:

Hello survivors I was wondering what do you guys think is the best Ark DlC mine is genesis I love HLNA and the different biomes!  

I kinda like all of them, but each has its own thing going on.
Honestly however, if I had to pick just ONE.....Scorched earth is kinda cool, but mostly cause I like the phoenix and the dynamic weather events.

• Volunteer Moderator

I'm going to assume the question is relating to official DLC so others like Ragnarok are not included.

So my answer would be a tie between Aberration/Extinction.

Scorched Earth was rubbish pretty much, never really got into it.

Genesis drops down because of the walled biomes, that's pretty much it, I like everything else about it but the walls. Not to mention the broken teleport function.

Genesis 2 I have real hope for being at the top of my favourites list because it's going back to one big map, and instances for missions.

13 hours ago, TimeBomb2003 said:

For me its Aberration, no question. Although I haven't played genesis yet.

This and imo Ab is the only one thats even good. Every other official DLC runs really badly or in the case of SE has an underwhelming map.

I wouldn't recommend gen 1 to anyone ever. It's borderline unplayabe with the constant stuttering..... but gen 2 looks awesome so you might end up biting the bullet and having to buy both to play gen 2.

2 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

This and imo Ab is the only one thats even good. Every other official DLC runs really badly or in the case of SE has an underwhelming map.

I wouldn't recommend gen 1 to anyone ever. It's borderline unplayabe with the constant stuttering..... but gen 2 looks awesome so you might end up biting the bullet and having to buy both to play gen 2.

Idk, they seem to run fine for me, but that might be because I play singleplayer.

I think Extinction is the best, its the easiest map to progress to tek tier and farm high level equipment and resources on solo.  Bosses are fought in the overworld so you don't have to worry about this games horrible coding killing an entire army of rexes with a bad teleport and Gigas can be used in all the caves for easy access.  Extinction also has perma day outside of the domes, which is great.  I use Extinction as my single player hub.

Archived