3 oldies wanting to survive on an Official Crystal or Centre map?

ancojoVG

We 3 oldies of olden days Ark,

trying to live, not getting very far,

joining server after server,

killed where ever we are!

Is there a decent Alpha tribe on any of the Official PVP Centre or Crystal Isles maps who would welcome 3 old lads who just want to build up and not get wiped every 5 minutes? I understand no one trusts anyone but we cant even get a stone base up without being raided or given the fever!

Pm if you can offer us asylum lol

Cheers!

1 hour ago, ancojoVG said:

just want to build up and not get wiped

Sounds like what you're looking for is PvE?

Or, maybe what you really want, is protection to grow enough undisturbed, so you can later be powerful and wipe all over every 5 minutes the next guy that will come here to the forums post the same as you?

P.S. Obviously, this was intended as a joke. Could not resist :P 

1 hour ago, johnm81 said:

Playing as a small tribe and hiding you stuff is in itself a mini game in ark. Few have mastered it and even less will share their secrets. 

Plenty of people have shared how to do it, but it's not a very interesting playstyle for a lot of people. High value stuff goes in upload, anything that won't fit there gets stashed in hidden storage (e.g underwater vaults) or a tame you can hide somewhere out of render from most general traffic areas. You don't build, you don't breed, and you don't farm. You get kits and tames from pvp or camping obs, and you craft consumables (grapples, c4, etc) from raiding any base with a smithy or fabricator. Finally you skybox a quetz if you want to grow your own plant y/z and you can keep a smithy to repair flak up there if you really need it.

None of that is a secret, but it is time consuming to maintain, refreshing upload timers daily, keeping track of servers, making sure you travel to each one to top up food, reset decay timer, etc. It's also not really what most people are looking for when it comes to playing ark.

lol Vit0 we prefer PVP, you know you have to grind but to not even get the chance to even start is a nightmare! If you knew us you would again lol as you would realise that we're in no way fit enough a tribe to wipe anyone! Our main issue is we are to nice and that doesn't get you far on Ark nowadays! Back in the old times we were, what we called Alphas by accident, the main Alphas quit and we ended up having the biggest base but we had loads of friends as we liked a fun server, fight arena, race track etc, we gave new players a chance to join and build up but some young lads who joined us were lied to saying we were going to steal their blueprints so they left the tribe and took a few things of ours, we proved it was a lie by giving them everything, base et all and moved server :) They followed us onto a new server after a few months and we let them join again! lol!

We just came back to chill until either Rust comes out (Yea I know PVP central) Or until Ark 2 comes out! 2024 anyone? Ah well I'll just start joining servers and try to talk to the Alphas and see if theres any without a god complex who will give us a chance. Cheers for the replies.

5 hours ago, carbonark said:

Plenty of people have shared how to do it, but it's not a very interesting playstyle for a lot of people. High value stuff goes in upload, anything that won't fit there gets stashed in hidden storage (e.g underwater vaults) or a tame you can hide somewhere out of render from most general traffic areas. You don't build, you don't breed, and you don't farm. You get kits and tames from pvp or camping obs, and you craft consumables (grapples, c4, etc) from raiding any base with a smithy or fabricator. Finally you skybox a quetz if you want to grow your own plant y/z and you can keep a smithy to repair flak up there if you really need it.

None of that is a secret, but it is time consuming to maintain, refreshing upload timers daily, keeping track of servers, making sure you travel to each one to top up food, reset decay timer, etc. It's also not really what most people are looking for when it comes to playing ark.

None of what you said is a secret correct... cuz that's the common knowledge stuff.

15 hours ago, johnm81 said:

None of what you said is a secret correct... cuz that's the common knowledge stuff.

The only "secrets" out there is stuff that toes the line of the COC, like questionable ratholes and access to "unintended" areas. There's nothing special that's going to allow you to survive as a solo or small group outside of what you're calling common knowledge stuff.

It's pretty simple, if you can't avoid an offline timer then you live out upload on whatever loot you can find, scavenge, or steal. Learn the maps and anywhere that isn't traveled can be a place to store spare stuff.

11 minutes ago, carbonark said:

The only "secrets" out there is stuff that toes the line of the COC, like questionable ratholes and access to "unintended" areas. There's nothing special that's going to allow you to survive as a solo or small group outside of what you're calling common knowledge stuff.

It's pretty simple, if you can't avoid an offline timer then you live out upload on whatever loot you can find, scavenge, or steal. Learn the maps and anywhere that isn't traveled can be a place to store spare stuff.

Toes the line of the COC as you put it is fine as long as it doesn’t cross it.

Lots of tricks come very close to  it but doesn’t cross it. 
*subject to change*

Unintended areas being accessed isn’t questionable it has crossed the line. I don’t consider that a secret I see that as cheating. 

Lots of legal secrets involve triangle foundations. 

There are no triangle foundation secrets you can't find with a 5 minute youtube search. And I hate to break it to you but any of those tricks with triangle foundations to build in areas you can't normally place stuff down would put you in one of those unintended areas. Not to mention that any of the building tricks you can use them for don't really help much when the fact remains that setting down a base anywhere is pointless if you are ever going to go offline.

It doesn't matter how dead the server is or if you have permission from the tribe that controls the server, there are no secret ratholes or unknown locations and someone will come in and wipe you.

On 1/17/2021 at 10:03 AM, carbonark said:

There are no triangle foundation secrets you can't find with a 5 minute youtube search. And I hate to break it to you but any of those tricks with triangle foundations to build in areas you can't normally place stuff down would put you in one of those unintended areas. Not to mention that any of the building tricks you can use them for don't really help much when the fact remains that setting down a base anywhere is pointless if you are ever going to go offline.

It doesn't matter how dead the server is or if you have permission from the tribe that controls the server, there are no secret ratholes or unknown locations and someone will come in and wipe you.

Being you believe that every legal secret is common knowledge and can’t consider the possibility that you aren’t all knowing and triangle foundations tricks are common knowledge that can be youtubed prove it..

YouTube the locations where a triangle foundation can be placed and a base built that ini mods and k cams can’t assist in seeing a base. And then we will see if that’s the tricks I know.

I await your response. 

5 hours ago, johnm81 said:

Being you believe that every legal secret is common knowledge and can’t consider the possibility that you aren’t all knowing and triangle foundations tricks are common knowledge that can be youtubed prove it..

YouTube the locations where a triangle foundation can be placed and a base built that ini mods and k cams can’t assist in seeing a base. And then we will see if that’s the tricks I know.

I await your response. 

Are you looking for a specific spot? Or just any area you can't orbit cam the main build area? Do you want a video of every place a foundation can be placed on every map? A single triangle foundation or enough to set up an entire base?

I can supply videos showing how you can snap triangle foundations into places you can't normally place just a foundation using pillars, cliff platforms, fence supports/foundations, etc. I can show you plenty of videos of ratholes you can use those methods on that won't be able to be scouted using orbit cam. I'm not saying there's a specific video  of your specific location with all of that info in a neat little package. I'm saying you can find any of those techniques in individual videos or whatever else, and if you manage to put 2 and 2 together you can then use those techniques, believe it or not, anywhere you want.

I don't know where you have this idea that I'm claiming to be all knowing, but have you stopped to consider that you don't have some super special secret that no one else could have possibly ever found out about besides you? It seems a bit more realistic to me that with thousands of players spending millions of hours in ark over years of gameplay that your own personal little secret may not be as private as you seem to believe it is.

16 hours ago, carbonark said:

I'm not sayingthere's a specific video  of your specific location

And right there is the crux of the matter.

You can’t YouTube all the possible secrets. What you failed to understand is that the secret never was that triangle foundations snap to surfaces that others can’t. It’s the how and where to use that ability. Places where lighting and atmospheric textures negate ini mods gamma manipulation and have texture blocks that hide you from k cam. Places where the mesh detection works very well and quickly to protect against meshing. 

These are the secrets That can’t be searched online. And once they are publicized they are discarded and new ones found. 

4 hours ago, johnm81 said:

And right there is the crux of the matter.

20 hours ago, carbonark said:

I'm not saying there's a specific video  of your specific location with all of that info in a neat little package.

If you want to cherry pick out a partial quote of sentence that you think proves your point, then congratulations, you win.

Archived