Levelling flyer move speed! Thanks Wildcard!

Plunders

• Plunders changed the title to Levelling flyer move speed! Thanks Wildcard!
  • Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Rumackay said:

I'm probably looking straight at it but where is the setting for single player?

The very last option in the GENERAL tab. However, it is only released on PC yet (I say yet, but I have no clue if it will comes to consoles in the future, but likely in the next patch if it does).

Yay! When enabled one level equals a single point into flight speed percentage. 1 level = 1% increase. Means most of your levels go into flight speed if you want to make a noticeable difference. Doesn't feel like how the game used to be.

Even better, if you pick them up with a cryopod or anything similar (soul traps) all the points put into flight speed are reset and refunded. Just tried it out on my cluster servers. Seems kind of broken that the points/levels don't stick.

• 8 months later...

I'm only now finding out about this just now.

So, how does this work: if I hit the check mark on Allow Flyer Speed level up, will it allow it only for any new tames caught after this implementation, or will it also retroactively apply it to existing flyer tames?  Also, do I have to have this check mark enabled along with a command on gameusersettings.ini, or is it just 1 or the other?

On 1/16/2021 at 2:14 PM, SMP said:

Flyer nerf was my second least favorite change to the game behind the leeds.  I was almost upset enough to start a forum thread about it, but not quite.

Maybe things are different enough or can be better now, but they made a decision back then to solve problems. Its usually not too wise to just ignore the outcome of discussions that took place then, that came with a decision. The nerf might be unliked, but dont forget what was unwanted more. Its good to not just trow it on official in my opinion. 

On 10/13/2021 at 2:24 PM, Larkfields said:

Put this in your Game.ini 

[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]
bAllowFlyerSpeedLeveling=True

Does it have to be strictly on the Game.ini, or can it also be on the Single Player general settings?  Yesterday when I tried it out for the first time, I enabled the checkmark on the SP general setting, and with that one checkmark enabled I was able to level up the speed on the new flyers I tamed right after that.  I did not have any pre-existing flyer tames before this update, so I wouldn't be able to tell if the option is retro-active in allowing older flyer tames to have the ability to level up their speed (all of my previous flyers were via flyer mods).

Earlier, I should have specified that I was on the PC side.

*Edit:  Testing the vanilla spawn codes, I found out that Rock Drake's speeds cannot be leveled up.

Archived