The Pachy is the most useless tame in the game

Zoopshab

It can't even run away from most predators; it's charge gets interrupted by damage.

-Its primary attack does a whopping 10 base damage. Making it worthrless. Raptor is way better at 28 and attacks much faster.

-It's head damage reduction doesn't apply for melee damage (same for most dinos with a headshot multiplier or reduction.

-Noticed that testing in single player).Its main attack is like a unarmed attack where it doest about equal topor damage to melee damage.

-Its charge attack does about 3.5x topor damage but its very slow to repeatly use it to KO a dino you have restrained. Hitting a moving dino is very difficult.

-Its only real use it to 1 shot a bob on the beach if you can come up when hes not expecting it and somehow get him to stand in one place. 

-Like most dinos its size it can be bolad and picked up by argy.

-Its neither a threat, like a raptor. Not a source of meat & hides like a Para or Phiomia.

Battle mount my buttock. This and Compy from what I can tell have no real purpose in game. And that bothers my OCD.

I guess it makes more sense if you never use his main attack, but instead use first person and hit with a speak/pike/sword/club. His "DPS" can effectively be higher that way. You can hit with a spear/pike/sword from his back more easily than other dinos because of his profile. Ive also noticed he can turn on a dime in first person which many other dinos cannot. So its HP can kind of work like a meat shield.

Humans are the most useless creature in the game

- Primary attack does a measly 8 damage, basically pointless. Titanosaur is way better with 1000.

- 0 damage reduction, you have to like craft these stupid clothes to try and protect yourself.

- Dumb single melee attack does about the same amount of torpor as regular damage.

- Punching takes so long to KO anything, and it damages me to punch stuff. I'll probably die before I KO something.

- Pretty much useless other than fighting another equally useless human.

- Other people can just bola me and then I'm just stuck there, plus basically any flying dino can just pick me and and drop me from the sky.

- Barely any meat and 0 hide from them, not even worth harvesting

Apex predator at the top of the food chain yeah right. I don't know why they even were added to the game

4 hours ago, carbonark said:

Humans are the most useless creature in the game

- Primary attack does a measly 8 damage, basically pointless. Titanosaur is way better with 1000.

- 0 damage reduction, you have to like craft these stupid clothes to try and protect yourself.

- Dumb single melee attack does about the same amount of torpor as regular damage.

- Punching takes so long to KO anything, and it damages me to punch stuff. I'll probably die before I KO something.

- Pretty much useless other than fighting another equally useless human.

- Other people can just bola me and then I'm just stuck there, plus basically any flying dino can just pick me and and drop me from the sky.

- Barely any meat and 0 hide from them, not even worth harvesting

Apex predator at the top of the food chain yeah right. I don't know why they even were added to the game

On the flip side:

-Can ride other creatures

-Can wear multiple pieces of Asc. armor

-Can use weapons

-Can command other creatures

Imagine a Giga with an Asc shotty wearing full Asc flak riding a wyvern and whistling a Rex army to Attack This Target...

9 minutes ago, SMP said:

On the flip side:

-Can ride other creatures

-Can wear multiple pieces of Asc. armor

-Can use weapons

-Can command other creatures

Imagine a Giga with an Asc shotty wearing full Asc flak riding a wyvern and whistling a Rex army to Attack This Target...

Wait are you telling me that I shouldn't just draw conclusions based on screwing around in singleplayer? I ran around for at least 5 minutes to be sure I could form a comprehensive analysis based on simulating extremely realistic scenarios, I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about.

2 hours ago, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

They serve literally no purpose other than causing strain on the game. They have no useful abilities in any aspect of the game. Remove them from the game all together and reduce the strain somewhat. Im sure it would slightly improve online play only slightly, but every little bit counts

Can you explain a little about this strain caused by the pachys? I'm curious how exactly they reduce performance in any measurable way?

On 1/15/2021 at 1:21 AM, Zoopshab said:

It can't even run away from most predators; it's charge gets interrupted by damage.

-Its primary attack does a whopping 10 base damage. Making it worthrless. Raptor is way better at 28 and attacks much faster.

-It's head damage reduction doesn't apply for melee damage (same for most dinos with a headshot multiplier or reduction.

-Noticed that testing in single player).Its main attack is like a unarmed attack where it doest about equal topor damage to melee damage.

-Its charge attack does about 3.5x topor damage but its very slow to repeatly use it to KO a dino you have restrained. Hitting a moving dino is very difficult.

-Its only real use it to 1 shot a bob on the beach if you can come up when hes not expecting it and somehow get him to stand in one place. 

-Like most dinos its size it can be bolad and picked up by argy.

-Its neither a threat, like a raptor. Not a source of meat & hides like a Para or Phiomia.

Battle mount my buttock. This and Compy from what I can tell have no real purpose in game. And that bothers my OCD.

Thank you for taking the time to tell the ark community about this incredibly important fact that everyone needed to know.

On 1/17/2021 at 5:34 PM, TangoOsmo said:

Pachy used to be the best tank in game (probably still is). You just need a racer build with window, stick the head out and tank. With it's natural head armor, max armor saddles, mate boost, imprint boost and capability of eating cakes, makes it immortal to turrets.

That's the Paraceratherium you're talking about. 

On 1/24/2021 at 2:57 AM, 2OLEgend said:

Sorry for my flippant comment earlier i have absolutely nothing to back it up. But thankfully you were on hand to pour cold water on my 'world of the imagination '. 😔

If anything he added gasoline ! You just need to understand their humor:P 

Pachys tame exclusively Pegomastax.

I think the game tries to justify the 75 percent of redundant tames by using the excuse of "Early game tames", but thats funny because other than maybe your first time roleplaying nobody sits at low levels and even if you don't powergrind right away you can just buy the saddles you need from other tribes.  Its not like there is a level mechanic blocking you from buying high level saddles, hell, the game even promotes it since primitive saddles are absolute trash compared to blueprint saddles.  I just consider the redundant Dinos as RP flavor.

17 hours ago, saberjack said:

I don't know about the most useless.  Have you even glided with an Archaeopteryx?  It's fun for a minute.  It belongs in an old spice commercial.

My trusty archaeopteryx saved me dozens of times. On extinction its the earliest "flyer" you can tame, whenever I was attacked I could simply glide to safety.

The most useless tame is definitely the trilobite, but I guess filling someone's thatch hut with 60 trilobites has to count as some use.

19 minutes ago, Thyme said:

My trusty archaeopteryx saved me dozens of times. On extinction its the earliest "flyer" you can tame, whenever I was attacked I could simply glide to safety.

The most useless tame is definitely the trilobite, but I guess filling someone's thatch hut with 60 trilobites has to count as some use.

Many a first run was benefitted from the humble trilobite and its hassle free chiton and oil.

Archived