The Island Boss Element drops

AdmAckbarDS2

Recently my tribe and I have been wanting to set up an element farm on a dedicated world. One of my fellow tribe members claims that element drops are boosted on dedicated servers, and that the gamma Broodmother drops around 100. The wiki contradicts this, but does not specify if it is for singleplayer or not. What boss in your guys' opinion is the best to farm? It would be super helpful to us if you could clarify, because honestly I can't find anything else. Also, please check out my YouTube Channel! It's Alpha Ackbar.

Happy Gaming and thanks,

-Ackbar

Well the element drops on the island bosses have been increased by 100% somewhat recently. Wiki says 20 element for gamma, its been a while since I did broodmother on gamma but im pretty sure it wasnt 10 element back then so I would say 20 is the old value and it should be 40 element now and the wiki hasnt updaged that number yet.

As for bosses on the island in relation to doing element runs, Id say do megapithucus for sure. Much easier fight, and will give you more element. And as for actually where to get the best return on element farming, id say either extinction element vein farming with a mantis + pick, or genesis red crystal farming with an anky. Both of these ways you can get hundreds of element very easily.

Edit: Also, those island element numbers are based on what you would get on official servers, no idea about what dedicated would get you, but im sure the owner of the server could adjust the values of what you get so it is conceivable the server you are on could get you more, but I couldnt say for sure on that.

I own the server, but it's an xbox server, and I think that element drops customization is on STEAM only, and even then I'm pretty sure it was removed. Thanks for the help, we are doing a complete playthrough of the game, and The Island is going to be somewhat difficult map to maintain TEK Gear on.

25 minutes ago, AdmAckbarDS2 said:

I own the server, but it's an xbox server, and I think that element drops customization is on STEAM only, and even then I'm pretty sure it was removed. Thanks for the help, we are doing a complete playthrough of the game, and The Island is going to be somewhat difficult map to maintain TEK Gear on.

If you're limited to Island dinos, probably your best option is to farm Megapithecus beta. Tributes and artifacts aren't too hard to get, and each round gives you 110 element.

I used to do that with non-mutated stat bred rexes and never lost a single one. This was on official a few months back, before they doubled the element rewards.

6 hours ago, AdmAckbarDS2 said:

What boss in your guys' opinion is the best to farm?

There is no single, easy answer to what's best to farm, it's whatever you're good at farming based on your circumstances. It depends a lot on what you've tamed, how much luck you had with levels, whether you've done breeding, whether you've done imprinting and what quality of saddles/blueprints you've picked up along the way.

The best thing to farm is whatever you can consistently beat without any losses, since replacing losses takes more time than gathering more artifacts. You can collect new artifacts in a few hours, but replacing lost animals takes a couple of days.

If, for example, you use a mod like S+ that makes breeding and imprinting a lot easier and less time consuming and maybe a mod that lets you make blueprints from good saddles that you've found, then you can probably get set up to farm beta Broodmother and beta Megapithecus quickly and easily while never having any casualties. But if you have set up your server to be more strict then you might have to limit yourselves to farming the bosses on gamma until you can build up a stronger army of boss fighters.

7 hours ago, AdmAckbarDS2 said:

Recently my tribe and I have been wanting to set up an element farm on a dedicated world. One of my fellow tribe members claims that element drops are boosted on dedicated servers, and that the gamma Broodmother drops around 100. The wiki contradicts this, but does not specify if it is for singleplayer or not. What boss in your guys' opinion is the best to farm? It would be super helpful to us if you could clarify, because honestly I can't find anything else. Also, please check out my YouTube Channel! It's Alpha Ackbar.

Happy Gaming and thanks,

-Ackbar

It has been boosted rather recently.....Im about ready to do some more boss runs on the island, will give you a heads up on it later

Well if your stuck on the island I would say for sure megapithicus is what you should be focusing on, doing beta or even alpha mega is not hard at all to get setup for, just requires some rexes and a yuti, Rexes dont need to be mutated really just a decent pair of wilds that you breed an army from should be fine. Much easier than brood beta/alpha and obviously dragon is the hardest by far.

8 hours ago, AdmAckbarDS2 said:

Happy Gaming and thanks,

-Ackbar

Element drops are customized in .ini. 

Is this a non dedicated server or a hosted server via nitrado? If first one, get nitrado. Also, Google your info or ask here, don't take words of friends! 

Archived