Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Me and a few of my tribemates are planning on fighting the Alpha Overseer in a month or so, and we are having this huge argument over what dinos we should take. I am making this post to see what you all think! 

My side of the argument is that we should use therizinos as our main attack dino, and use rexes to tank and clear the minions, along with allo support. (of course yuties are a given) and I was wondering if mammoths could be useful at all.

His side of the argument, and for any of you that might watch my YouTube channel, this is Ando arguing this side, for those of you who do not, the channel is Alpha Ackbar. anyway, he argues that we should use rexes as our main dino due to their higher DPS and base health, and only bring a few therizino for his dragon form, but this seems to be a complicated whistling process when we can just let the therizinos deal with them all! 

Would just like to hear you guys' thoughts on this, it may change Ando's mind in regards to therizinos, or mine in regards to rexes!

 

Happy Gaming, 

-Ackbar

Link to post
Share on other sites

We used Rexes to clear cave but Theri's in fight.

However we had one guy who controlled the Rex's in the arena so he'd keep them from the Dragon part (on own whistle group and ignore group whistles). Then we had the Yuty rider control the Theri's and the rest of us ran around on the ground with shotguns. 

If the Theri's are good and you have Veggie cakes, no reason you can't use them for whole thing though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AdmAckbarDS2 said:

Me and a few of my tribemates are planning on fighting the Alpha Overseer in a month or so, and we are having this huge argument over what dinos we should take. I am making this post to see what you all think! My side of the argument is that we should use therizinos as our main attack dino, and use rexes to tank and clear the minions, along with allo support. (of course yuties are a given) and I was wondering if mammoths could be useful at all. His side of the argument, and for any of you that might watch my YouTube channel, this is Ando arguing this side, for those of you who do not, the channel is Alpha Ackbar. anyway, he argues that we should use rexes as our main dino due to their higher DPS and base health, and only bring a few therizino for his dragon form, but this seems to be a complicated whistling process when we can just let the therizinos deal with them all! Would just like to hear you guys' thoughts on this, it may change Ando's mind in regards to therizinos, or mine in regards to rexes! Happy Gaming, -Ackbar

I have personally gone through the ascention gamma......your way is the best way I know of. And since you have a helper, Id highly useing rexs not cause of their base abilities, but because you can use a tek saddle on the rex's and swap out saddles on the fly.....going down the rabbit hole, you can use the rex tek saddle to shoot enemies in the distance, as they get closer you can swap out tek saddles for high quality BP saddles to tank the damage while chewing your way through.
It would be best to go ahead and take 4 or 6 rex's, but you will absolutely need the theri army to be at max health before you get to the overseer. Once you get to that last area, turn the theri's loose, and begin the horrid process of dealing with....well, everything. You could bring a pig for the last bit of transition before the overseer fight, but its up to you. In either case, Id say your position on the matter is probably best, however keep in mind it may need a tweak or two. The tek saddle being perhaps the most relevent.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I skipped the whole cancerous cave portion by sitting on a chair on the back of a quetzel and whistled my way down, could also be done with a wing suit, then using tek suits and shotguns/tek rifles to do the actual overseer fight. Bring cactus broth to keep the flying drones from attacking you during the fight. 2 people on official alpha, basically never got hurt, just need enough ammo.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Both work, I personally find theri's better because they're easier to get through the cave. Don't bother with allos they're weak, and only a deinonychus can bleed bosses. Mammoth isn't worth it either. Honestly the fight is pretty easy, the dangerous part is the cave and the temperatures. Bring a scout if you can to lure the giga into the lava and high insulation armor, chili/soup, and perhaps otters. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, AdmAckbarDS2 said:

Me and a few of my tribemates are planning on fighting the Alpha Overseer in a month or so, and we are having this huge argument over what dinos we should take. I am making this post to see what you all think!

Personally, I don't like rexes in any boss fights. They're too big and clumsy, hard to maneuver and constantly get stuck in each other and on obstacles, I'm a fan of theri's all the way.

We did Overseer with 2 yuty, 2 daeodon and everything else theri's. We had zero losses on gamma, 1 lost theri on beta and 2 lost theri's on alpha, and even those losses were because we made mistakes. If we had wanted to do alpha multiple times I'm certain we could have gotten good enough to do it with zero losses.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, Piffguru said:

I skipped the whole cancerous cave portion by sitting on a chair on the back of a quetzel and whistled my way down, could also be done with a wing suit, then using tek suits and shotguns/tek rifles to do the actual overseer fight. Bring cactus broth to keep the flying drones from attacking you during the fight. 2 people on official alpha, basically never got hurt, just need enough ammo.

I also skipped through the tek cave part too but I did it on a camo'd Rock Drake. If you have access to Rock Drakes, i.e. you are not just playing on The Island then even a fairly low level drake pumped with stam will easily get you through the cave. The only exception is sometimes a Yuty might detect you if you are too close, but i never really had any problems.

Then inside the Overseer arena yeah I used to tek suit and pump-action shotgun and stayed hovering the whole fight. To begin with I used to use cactus broth, but I then found that once it wore off I couldn't drink another if i'm in the air and it was too risky to land, so in future fights i didn't bother with cactus broth.

Pretty easy fight even solo as long as you have a decent pump-action.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, GP said:

I also skipped through the tek cave part too but I did it on a camo'd Rock Drake. If you have access to Rock Drakes, i.e. you are not just playing on The Island then even a fairly low level drake pumped with stam will easily get you through the cave. The only exception is sometimes a Yuty might detect you if you are too close, but i never really had any problems.

Then inside the Overseer arena yeah I used to tek suit and pump-action shotgun and stayed hovering the whole fight. To begin with I used to use cactus broth, but I then found that once it wore off I couldn't drink another if i'm in the air and it was too risky to land, so in future fights i didn't bother with cactus broth.

Pretty easy fight even solo as long as you have a decent pump-action.

There is a stalagtite that you can fly into and land up on the ceiling pretty close to where the overseer spawns at, it kinda lets you go into its mesh. Land there and take your recipes when you need to and your good to go. If you look up videos on YT of people doing the fight with tek suits/no dinos you should find examples of people using that spot for reference.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GP said:

I also skipped through the tek cave part too but I did it on a camo'd Rock Drake. If you have access to Rock Drakes, i.e. you are not just playing on The Island then even a fairly low level drake pumped with stam will easily get you through the cave. The only exception is sometimes a Yuty might detect you if you are too close, but i never really had any problems.

Then inside the Overseer arena yeah I used to tek suit and pump-action shotgun and stayed hovering the whole fight. To begin with I used to use cactus broth, but I then found that once it wore off I couldn't drink another if i'm in the air and it was too risky to land, so in future fights i didn't bother with cactus broth.

Pretty easy fight even solo as long as you have a decent pump-action.

Was this solo official? If so, any idea how many shells you used?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...