Ark genesis part 2 chronicles 2 not working

CrisPbacon30

4 minutes ago, CrisPbacon30 said:

So when ever I try unlocking the exo suit leggings the explorer notes don't work on single player and official servers and I have the genesis pass so can some one please tell me why this is happening

Weird. I got them on single player. 

Do you have HLNA equipped? Are you sure you're going to the right spots? 

Scar Bridge, Around each of the Obs, and near that pointy rock formation.

• Volunteer Moderator
7 hours ago, CrisPbacon30 said:

So when ever I try unlocking the exo suit leggings the explorer notes don't work on single player and official servers and I have the genesis pass so can some one please tell me why this is happening

1 hour ago, GP said:

Yeah same here, PC singleplayer none of the spots work.

Likely the same issue as:

As an alternative, you can use the following command on single-player/The Island to unlock the boots:

setplayerpos 255157 247694 -14359|giveexplorernote 853|giveexplorernote 854|giveexplorernote 855|giveexplorernote 856|giveexplorernote 857

And the following for the legs:

setplayerpos 255157 247694 -14359|giveexplorernote 858|giveexplorernote 859|giveexplorernote 860|giveexplorernote 861|giveexplorernote 862

5 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Likely the same issue as:

As an alternative, you can use the following command on single-player/The Island to unlock the boots:

setplayerpos 255157 247694 -14359|giveexplorernote 853|giveexplorernote 854|giveexplorernote 855|giveexplorernote 856|giveexplorernote 857

And the following for the legs:

setplayerpos 255157 247694 -14359|giveexplorernote 858|giveexplorernote 859|giveexplorernote 860|giveexplorernote 861|giveexplorernote 862

thanks that worked 

While on scorched earth im trying to get the Federation tek suit skins. I have gotten all 5 notes. However I don't have the skins, and two of the notes are not showing in the dossier. Note 8 and 10. Today I tried to get them again. Hnla did her talking and I got the xp bonus. However they are still not showing up. And I dont have the skin. 

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, Tonigirl said:

While on scorched earth im trying to get the Federation tek suit skins. I have gotten all 5 notes. However I don't have the skins, and two of the notes are not showing in the dossier. Note 8 and 10. Today I tried to get them again. Hnla did her talking and I got the xp bonus. However they are still not showing up. And I dont have the skin. 

Merged your thread here. Try the workaround mentioned above:

As for the recently added chest, here is the command:

setplayerpos 255157 247694 -14359|giveexplorernote 863|giveexplorernote 864|giveexplorernote 865|giveexplorernote 866|giveexplorernote 867

FYI,  I've not seen the hlna notes fail to unlock on the Island, when I did Scorched Earth hlna notes for the tek pants I needed to do those multiple times.

Each time I would check to see if the note was unlocked after I realized they were not initially.    Notes 6 and 10 unlocked on the first try, the remaining notes 7-9 did not unlock on the first try.

The method I used to unlock the remaining notes was to log out and revisit the area in slightly different locations, checking to see if the trigger unlocked the note.

If the trigger didn't unlock the note I disconnected and reconnected to reset the trigger and tried again.   I had the best luck by moving around in the area the trigger occurred.  That made me feel the unlock and trigger may be out of sync in some way.   I.e. although the trigger happened it may not have been in the location to actually unlock the note.

Hope that helps.

I go to each location with mini-hlna equipped on the island and it gives me the skin but when I quit to go do the next one on scorched earth I looked at my inventory and the skin isn’t there plus all explorer notes I grabbed when I was playing the island disappeared. When I went back to the island and looked at the explorer notes they were also missing so there is something wrong with the game saving the explorer note progression.

So I've gotten the all the notes for the Tek Boots, and Leggings, which I have those thankfully, however - I am now one note away from obtaining the Tek Chestpiece Skin! This note unfortunately has eluded its addition to my Explorer Notes as HNLA-A speaks vigorously every time I activate the node, surprisingly with it doing so before I reach the coordinates by a smidge; I currently play on official server. Genesis 2 Chronicles #11 (Aberration) is the note that I currently am having issues with of which I'm at the moment alright with the fact that of any of these notes that could've bugged out over any other it's this one -> as this is the easiest to access in all of aberration<-  I can after all on multiple occasions attempt to retrieve this note with little risk of just dying to get in, and out without gear, or a tame!

That isn't to say that I didn't have gear, or brought over a couple tames (RIP Spino), but I'm just glad this location doesn't ask for too much effort. I am recurringly making visits to the beautiful sight with rays of light glimmering from above down onto the lake that lays below whilst standing on such a glorious architecture, which in fact could be a worthy throne for anyone almighty! I'll be honest, I am a little worn from multiple attempts of pressing a button 5 times to see another chance disintegrate in front of my very eyes the moment this note speaks to me...

Please help.😀

----------

----------

So I just got that above all typed out, and as such I am leaving it there for purposes of entertaining those who relate with the pain to what seems as a never-ending cycle of watching this dream shatter. Now, I decided to re-validate my game installation in Epic Games Launcher which may have helped, but I did try a few times met with failure first. However, while on my little journey back & fourth after pressing my buttons 5 times again I got a lil' creative using a glider off the side of that monument down onto the coordinates further out on the platform landing @ 15.4 LAT :: 41.7 LON; Then BADABING -- BADABOOM!!! The Divine Genesis 2 Chronicles #11 decided that it shall Grace my sad, lonely Explorer Notes, & I with its Prescence!

I did recognize that the wiki states two locations for node activation, and it didn't really occur at said specific location since the node would activate further from it's activation point. I figured I'd get as close to the one that had a better chance of activating since the one located @ 13.7 LAT :: 41.3 LON showed no promise of it from previous attempts. I will say the re-validation may have helped with the node to activate where it's meant to as such it added to my Explorer Notes, and the skin to my inventory. 

Im having the exact same problem. After running all over abb, Ive gotten 11 and 14 to show up for the tek chest piece.  What has me wondering is when I aquired the two notes, I was on foot. The notes that didnt show up. I was on my skiff, the little captions and dialogue still worked. Just no credit. So I logged out logged bqck in on my skiff bed and parked a little further back from the coords,  on foot this time I ran into the area. The voice and captions were back.. I got to a safe area.. Still no credit suggestions? 

Im having the exact same problem. After running all over abb, Ive gotten 11 and 14 to show up for the tek chest piece.  What has me wondering is when I aquired the two notes, I was on foot. The notes that didnt show up. I was on my skiff, the little captions and dialogue still worked. Just no credit. So I logged out logged bqck in on my skiff bed and parked a little further back from the coords,  on foot this time I ran into the area. The voice and captions were back.. I got to a safe area.. Still no credit suggestions? 

Try flying over to the coordinates using your skiff from well above so that the node won't activate, then lower yourself onto the platform as close to the coordinates the wiki states the node to be located. If that doesn't work, attempt to perform a re-validation of your games installation, afterwards try the same thing again. That is essentially how I got the note #11 was by this process, and being precisely where I needed to be when the HLNA's Note node activated. Walking over to the node didn't do me any good as it seems the culprit for why I couldn't retrieve credit for node activation was the fact that the activation was performed before I reached anywhere close to the exact location the note was suppose to activate in the first place. 

Now granted the notes you're having issues with is not #11 like what I had going on.. However, the issue sounds very similar to what I had to deal with regardless of that fact. So hey 'For Science' go ahead, and give it a try. I wish you luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Volunteer Moderator
14 minutes ago, Dragontamer777 said:

I'm struggling to find those five HLN-A explorer notes on The Island, And I'm quite sure that those are the last five I'm missing to get the perfect explorer achievement. How can I find them? I would appreciate if someone would help.

HLNAprob.png.6337ae72e527943cc926cb1d074393a2.png

Merged your thread here. You can find the commands to unlock them above.

• 1 month later...

I finally got all the genesis chronicles. I spent many hours on this and ended up using a rock drake because of the fast dismount. Step 1 - I would clear the area of dinos where the chronicle triggers but yet I don't receive it. Step 2 - I dismount drake and quit the game. Step 3 - I log back into the game and get on the drake to trigger the chronicle again and then immediately dismount the drake which for some reason give me the chronicle. This doesn't always work but it usually worked in a few tries. This technique worked on the Hlna discoveries as well. I hope this works for everyone to combat the very poor programming of this game.

Archived