How do I handle person(s) kiting dinos into my base

randyman44

I had a disagreement with someone last week.  To me, it looked like he was getting ready to block access to some cave entrances/exit on Crystal Isle.  So, I dropped a few pillars right by those entrances, to keep from losing access to them.  After a few days of no communication, he placed a parasaur in my base, with the msg 'Plz remove the pillars'.  Question 1...how is he able to place one of his tames inside my base?.  After we talked again he agreed to remove the tame if I removed the pillars.  I removed all but 2 pillars, even though he didn't follow through with his promise to remove the parasaur, until sometime afterwards.  Then, the next morning I found that he or friends of his had kited 5 or so dinos into my base (I had trophies in my inventory on dinos that just sit in my base).  There was one allo still in my base, attacking a passive rex.  The dinos that had been kited don't spawn by my base.  I created a ticket and was told by the GM they couldn't help me and I should capture it on video.  How do I do that when the kiting occurred sometime through the night.  And, if I had captured video of that allo that was still attacking one of my passive rexes (inside two layers of behemoth gates).  How would that prove anything?

Based on your own description, it sounds like you're the one at fault?

4 minutes ago, randyman44 said:

After we talked again he agreed to remove the tame if I removed the pillars

I removed all but 2 pillars

he didn't follow through with his promise to remove the parasaur

So you agreed to remove the pillars, but you didn't really remove them all, which is the same as not removing at all? 😛

Tbh, I would just remove the pillars .. if the guy indeed tries to block access to the caves, then he will be the one breaking Ark's CoC, at which point you can take screenshots and get support involved. It's against CoC to block access.

Leave a few capable carnivores in your base to deal w any wilds that show up and if the guys places his tamed ones in your base create a ticket with photo evidence to get him banned.

Furthermore I dont blame you for pillaring the cave spot so he couldn't block it. People that block caves are the worst

8 hours ago, randyman44 said:

I had a disagreement with someone last week.  To me, it looked like he was getting ready to block access to some cave entrances/exit on Crystal Isle.  So, I dropped a few pillars right by those entrances, to keep from losing access to them.  After a few days of no communication, he placed a parasaur in my base, with the msg 'Plz remove the pillars'.  Question 1...how is he able to place one of his tames inside my base?.  After we talked again he agreed to remove the tame if I removed the pillars.  I removed all but 2 pillars, even though he didn't follow through with his promise to remove the parasaur, until sometime afterwards.  Then, the next morning I found that he or friends of his had kited 5 or so dinos into my base (I had trophies in my inventory on dinos that just sit in my base).  There was one allo still in my base, attacking a passive rex.  The dinos that had been kited don't spawn by my base.  I created a ticket and was told by the GM they couldn't help me and I should capture it on video.  How do I do that when the kiting occurred sometime through the night.  And, if I had captured video of that allo that was still attacking one of my passive rexes (inside two layers of behemoth gates).  How would that prove anything?

Pillaring on PvE is legal, but when you agreed to remove the pillars and didn't you made yourself just as much a part of the problem as he is. As the old saying goes, two wrongs don't make a right, don't agree to do something and then fail to do it.

With that said, there will always be jerks on PvE who use passive-aggressive tricks because they're too cowardly to go be honest and play PvP. You need to make sure that your base is capable of defending itself for situations just like this. Arrange your animals so that you have defenses, build your gates/fences/pillars so that you're not blocking anything illegally but so that wild animals can't get in even if they're being kited.

It's way to easy to accuse people of doing things which is why WildCard requires some sort of video evidence, otherwise they would spend all day, every day, responding to false accusations from people who want to use tickets to attack other players. Even though it's a pain in the neck for you, you have no choice but to make sure your base will defend itself and try to capture video evidence.

Also, of course, don't make agreements unless you plan to follow through, right now you're a part of your own problem because you committed to do something and then didn't do it. You were within your rights to pillar, but once you agreed to remove the pillars you became part of the problem.

And, finally, if you remove the pillars and then they block access to important resources, they need to be reported since that's against the rules of conduct on PvE.

IF your building is big enough, then someone can use the astrocetus to teleport into your building.   Then its easy as pie to unpod an animal inside.  But again, simply taking pictures of hte players tame in your base, and a screenshot of them saying in public that they won't remove it until you remove pillars, pretty much guarantees proof that they are greifing you.  

Sounds like you need to just do a better job of documenting the issues and sending the report in w/ photos of conversation in global and a picture of their tame in your base.  That's easier to show than wilds inside your base killing stuff.   That's harder to document since the game can do that on it's own w/out player involvement.  

Carnivores on neutral. A few heavy turrets and plant X will make short work of anything short of a Giga on CI (unless it's a bred Giga with any hatch melee over 500 then that is also not an issue). 

You can use fence supports (6 to 8 high might be enough) to build a wall around your base, or behemoths. 

Standard base defenses should rectify kiting as far as CI dino's are concerned.

36 minutes ago, Hemplethwaite said:

Are you on official PVE?

If you are offline protection should have prevented harm to your base and dinos.

I think there is 15 minutes after log off and protection start and during that time is possible to do a mess

If he dont have any protection like a wall or behemont gates all arround base then maybe to crio all dinos standing outside before log off.

Dinos in ciro dont need food and get xp faster.

2 hours ago, Noa said:

I think there is 15 minutes after log off and protection start and during that time is possible to do a mess

If he dont have any protection like a wall or behemont gates all arround base then maybe to crio all dinos standing outside before log off.

Dinos in ciro dont need food and get xp faster.

they shortened that timer now for PVE, it's down to just a 10 seconds now, not 15min.

Thanks for all the advice.

Sometime yesterday, after I logged off, he moved the parasaur to another spot in my base.  I have screen prints of the parasaur yesterday and then again this morning.  But, I don't know how attach the xbox screen prints to a ticket.  Any advice or directions to a "how to"?  thx again

2 hours ago, randyman44 said:

Thanks for all the advice.

Sometime yesterday, after I logged off, he moved the parasaur to another spot in my base.  I have screen prints of the parasaur yesterday and then again this morning.  But, I don't know how attach the xbox screen prints to a ticket.  Any advice or directions to a "how to"?  thx again

What I do is take the screenshot through the built in xbox recording/screenshot system, then I go on my phone and open the xbox app, go to the screenshot in question and download it to my phone. Then I go to imgur and upload it there, it will give you a link to the pic and you can paste that link wherever you want to display it. I have heard others use the onedrive system that you can save your recordings directly to but I dont use it so cant speak on that. For whatever reason viewing the recording on a PC would not give me the option to download the image or recording but the phone app does let you.

Anyway im sure there are other ways to get it done but thats the method I use.

Archived