Deinonychus saddle BP drop rate is crap. Alternatives?

JJacky

Hi, our tribe has been farming Valguero orbital drops on official. Knowing how riddiculous the orbital drops are and how unreliable it is to get specific items, we decided to record the number of drops and colors until we find a deino saddle. Note that we loot only purple, yellow and red drops.

After 3 weeks of constant farming (always one tribe member doing loots), 700+ drops, we are yet to find a single deino saddle! This is getting riddiculous! A common dino which is was obviously designed for early levels and you can't get anything better than primitive saddles for them.

The orbital drop loot table is also a joke. From the 700+ drops we looted, the most we got was adobe blueprints, pipes, windmills, crop plots. Why are these even included in the loot tables?

We are now about to give up and forget about deinos altogether. Do these saddles drop from any cave drops or deep sea loot crates? At least their loot tables are not messed up by useless junk.

1 minute ago, Keynote378 said:

If you need a craft of a saddle I go a 67 blueprint and if you subscribe to my channel (keynote378 gaming) I give free crafts if you bring resources for them, private message me I'm on ps4 official PvE. My screen name is keynote378.

Word. I'll hit you up on parler to set up a time to meet.

12 minutes ago, carbonark said:

If you're farming for saddles avoid the drops in the chalk hills zone and focus on the northern and redwoods area drops. Drops in the snow area and redwoods have different loot tables and are more likely to have saddles and saddle bps

Are you 100% sure about this? I thought the loot tables are the same, but snow/tundra biomes have a better chance for yellow and red drops.

12 minutes ago, JJacky said:

Are you 100% sure about this? I thought the loot tables are the same, but snow/tundra biomes have a better chance for yellow and red drops.

Yes, 100%. All you need to do is hunt down a few drops in both areas and you'll quickly see the difference

7 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

From my experience ALL the drops on val outside of the snow are scorched earth drops aka trash

The Chalk Hills zone is the only area with guaranteed scorched drops, moving into the redwoods or north of the lake drops will have different loot tables. The best way to test that I've found is by checking red drops, as these are fairly obvious when using a scorched loot table as they all virtually have the same set of loot in that case

• 4 weeks later...

I farmed the northern area for 3 days, 10 hours a day and only hit red, yellow, and purple drops.  This was last week in particular.  I found a total of 4 dein saddle bps.  The best was a MC at 63 armor.  One thing that I noticed was on the third day, I started getting junk in the red and red ringed drops.  I was confused because the prior two days, those had the best loot.  Then I happened to get to a red ringed drop before it hit the ground and there was a guy already there on a wyvern.  I landed and said Hi, just to be polite.  I did not intend on stealing the drop as he was there first.  I was just going to ask him if he had any luck as I was looking for a rex saddle bp and had seen none.  He said hi, but quickly jumped off his wyvern, ran to the the drop then back on and flew off.  The drop was still there after he left, so i check it out and all it had in it was a compass BP.  I then realized that was probably the reason for the junk drops i'd been seeing that day.  I'm not sure why someone would do that.  At first I thought maybe he was leaving it for someone to use to transfer items off the server or initiate a boss right, but that doesn't make sense with obelisks so easily accessible.  More than likely he was just trolling and leaving the drops to waste others time?  I gave up looking for drops and did some research online and now im planning on going to Raganok and running the jungle cave where the lava golem lives.  That cave is suppose to have 10+ red drops that can contain a rex saddle bp.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I wish I would have found this thread sooner, because I farmed the 3-chest-cave for weeks in the believe I would find the deino saddle BP there.

But I had luck after switching to the orbital drops: 3 green BP at the first day, a blue and an ascendant BP at the second day.

The ascendant BP was in a yellow drop with ring, and the BPs can be found in all 3 western biomes (snow, tundra and redwood).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Maybe they want to benefit the Chinese Duplicators xD I can't imagine another LOGICAL reason, why the drop rate is so low. 

Prices for duped Deino Saddle is at the moment 15 up to 20 dollars, because of its rarenes.. 

To comparison, normal saddles like Rex, Mana, etc are roundabout 5 euros, so buying one and duping it (crashing the servers, so everyone gets annoyed) seems to be the best bet to get one... Unfortunate, that ark seems to work hand in hand with the dupers. 👍

Archived