Character Transfer Between Arks Question

Gunmonkey0861

1 hour ago, Gunmonkey0861 said:

As I figured. Is there a way to, let's say, delete the existing character and simply take over the base with the transferred character? Or would a transferring of character require a fresh wipe?

If you are the admin there is admin commands to give yourself any existing structures. Refer to the Ark wiki for those.

As far as deleting the character you can overwrite it by transferring another character on the same account to that Ark.

4 hours ago, Gunmonkey0861 said:

As I figured. Is there a way to, let's say, delete the existing character and simply take over the base with the transferred character? Or would a transferring of character require a fresh wipe?

You can add a 3rd party to add your original character and then move the new character off. I did that on one of my servers, just make sure that you add someone you can trust (SUPER SUPER IMPORTANT) and remember to make them an admin so they can add your original toon.

18 hours ago, Gunmonkey0861 said:

Is this your own cluster where you have admin rights, or the ability to access the file system and make a backup copy of a character, or add  new map to the cluster?

There are multiple ways to do what you want, as described by others in this thread, but you have to be the owner/admin to do them. If you're not the admin of the cluster then you would need to ask the admin/owner to do these things for you.

Archived