Unload from ridden creature.

Metagoliath

Suggestion

Part of fun of playing Ark is going around, harvesting material, and then investing time into your base/home.  Once you get high enough, it sometimes feels like harvesting is like going shopping for groceries.  You go to the store, you buy food, you load your car, you drive home, you carry groceries into the house and lastly you put them away.  Ark is much like that process with a few annoying gotchas.  e.g.  You go to metal mountain with an Anky.  You load up a bunch of metal onto the anky using the tail.  You fly the anky back to base.  Then you start unloading.  If you're right next to the forge you jump off your anky.  You click on the button to get as much metal on to your human body.  This will probably be less than 300lbs.  You get out of the window, click on the forge.  Move over the stack.  Repeat over and over again until its done (Side note, if you're not next to the forge you select the whole  stack of metal you have to put some of that metal back onto the Anky just to walk).  

My suggestion.  If I'm riding the anky, and I'm next to the forge, it would be nice to be able to just send all of the contents of my items to the forge.  If I'm on the anky I could select the forge the same way that I select the inventory of the beast I am riding.  This might create a new tab on the left side, and the right side would be the Forge.  Then you hit the shift all items over button and move all of the items from the anky to the forge.  This bypasses me and would save A LOT of unnecessary time.  

Option two, is I can get off the anky, select the forge and there's a button to find all of the creatures within a certain distance and line of sight of the forge.  I can select the dino or multiselect dinos and filter the items I want sent over to the forge.  This is nice in away because it can allow other players to participate versus option 1.  

2 replies to this server topic

On 1/12/2021 at 11:50 PM, L4D2 said:

next time move your anky close to the forge unload all the metal on the floor, use a whip to pick up all the metal,that way you can get thousand of metal in your inventory , open forge inventory to transfer all the metal at once

the whip trick has been use for years now in ark to transfer huge amount or repair stuff that required more material than you can normally carry

While I've been using this and numerous other similar methods for years, I wouldn't discount the suggestion to be able to move resources directly from the dino to the forge. Using the dino as the weight carrier that can load and unload cargo just makes sense. It doesnt make any sense to toss all that weight onto a puny human who then transfers it to the forge. Remove the extra step.

next time move your anky close to the forge unload all the metal on the floor, use a whip to pick up all the metal,that way you can get thousand of metal in your inventory , open forge inventory to transfer all the metal at once

the whip trick has been use for years now in ark to transfer huge amount or repair stuff that required more material than you can normally carry

Archived