Is using a pelagornis to enter and exit a rat whole illegal?

TheArkitect

You was more than likely reported by another player. Having a base in the mesh/rat hole should have rang some alarm bells in your head. I know you said it isn't a mesh spot, but, if you have to use a tame to get to it then it feels a little broken and these often gets patched. It may have been a bit harsh by the GM who was on your case but as said already, its is probably down to there own discretion and if it looked like using the map 'unintended' then they probably just swung the ban hammer at you.

19 hours ago, Thyme said:

Nothing. He's just pointing out he didn't mesh in because the bird could fit 

Weird animal to test that with. Don't think I've ever heard of someone using the jetski with wings outside of poly farming.

I just asked because in a recent HOD video he was using the pela to raid a rat hole and I couldn't discern any specific advantage it provided. 

The advantage is that you can cryo the peli out the crack and ride it once its on the other side. That HOD video posted the other day is the same base location that I was built in as well as many others on official. I see know reason to get banned because of building there. WC needs to post a list of unintended zones so someone else doesn't lose a 1/2 a year playing Ark. 

3 minutes ago, TheArkitect said:

The advantage is that you can cryo the peli out the crack and ride it once its on the other side. That HOD video posted the other day is the same base location that I was built in as well as many others on official. I see know reason to get banned because of building there. WC needs to post a list of unintended zones so someone else doesn't lose a 1/2 a year playing Ark. 

They can't post a list of the unintended zones because they're still being discovered as the game progresses. If it was easy to identify all of the mesh locations that need to be fixed they would have already done it, a long time ago, hence it should be obvious that this is not something that's easy to do. What you're asking for is basically "a list of places that we don't know about", which is obviously something that can't be done.

Having said that, if you were trying to play honestly then you deserve sympathy and we feel your pain, but the only way to you to get unbanned is to begin the appeals process using tickets. There is no one on the forums, including the moderators, that can help you with this, submitting tickets and appeals is the only way for you to reach the people who can do anything about it.

And, full disclosure, it will be a bit of a pain in the neck for you. You might need to start up a local/host game and take some screen shots showing where you were, you might need to document how you got in and out of your rat hole. And... if you had to travel through the mesh to get into and out of your rat hole then it's not really a rat hole, it's a mesh hole which would be illegal.

If you want to know which are 'unintended zones' the answer is fairly simple, and it's an answer that applies to every map and everylocation - if you have to travel through the mesh at all, even for one or two steps, to get into and out of your location, then it's not legal. There is no amount of traveling through the mesh that is legal, if your location depends on traveling through the mesh in any way or form then it's illegal.

Um , I dont' see this anywhere explicitly stated, so I"m asking.  Do you need the pelegornis to actually get into the rat hole? or is it just that the opening is large enough that you can ride one in?

IF you can't walk into the cave entrance normally w/out being on a tame of some kind, that's probably considered meshing.  If you have to unpod an animal on the other side of an entrance so that you can mount it to get into the area, that's meshing. 

20 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

Um , I dont' see this anywhere explicitly stated, so I"m asking.  Do you need the pelegornis to actually get into the rat hole? or is it just that the opening is large enough that you can ride one in?

IF you can't walk into the cave entrance normally w/out being on a tame of some kind, that's probably considered meshing.  If you have to unpod an animal on the other side of an entrance so that you can mount it to get into the area, that's meshing. 

Its the second one. Thats the way HOD did it anyway because you cant just walk into that area on foot.

Which again, I dont see why the pela is used specifically. Why cant you just use a different, more common animal like a wolf or something. Does a pela have an unusually small hitbox ?

I appreciate the feedback as I tried to submit a ticket and was told it was a illegal mesh so I am banned forever....after 5 years of playing/paying? As for the list- Sure there can be a posted list of unintended spots. Once you find them-list them. Easy. The list gets updated as unintended zones are found. That way truly incident people don't unjustly get banned for finding them. 

I feel ruined because I have always followed Ark's CoC since the beginning (1,000s of hours), Iv'e been living here for a while (I found hard to believe ARK devs didn't know didn't know about this spot already) and suddenly with no warning I get a "goodbye, sorry you can't play official anymore".  With all the toxic players out there still doing there thing, it is sad that players like me are getting banned because I found a great spot [to hide from toxic players] and its all of the sudden deemed a mesh spot. Look at the video. You do not have to mesh to get in at all. Take a look-HOD also doesn't agree it's a mesh spot. Sorry, I'm done ranting, but just trying to give a few valid points in concern of this issue.

Archived