Weird crashes UPDATE! 21.01.

K4LLA

UPDATE!!! 21.01.2021

I removed ArkPots mod and changed SS to S+. We are now having crashes less, but they still happen and without any warning. I bought more RAM to my server, but no use. There is no crash reports. I update every mod manually. Mod order is: Ultra stacks, S+, reuseables, crystal clear. What I should do?

------------------------ Original message:

Hi! I have my own server and we are having some crashes 2-3 per day. They come without any warning, no high ping or anything unusual with CPU or memory usage. Have you had any issues with these mods making this kind of crash?

- ArkPots: Balanced Potions
- Super Structures
- Better reusables
- Ultra Stacks
- Crystal Clear

Every mod is up to date and I have manually uploaded them to server and I have no automatic updates on so there would be no problems with that.

41 minutes ago, Larkfields said:

Some mods need to be first in the list so it might be an ordering problem - check the mod release notes.
Some mods are incompatible with others - so it might be a combination of two mods that are causing the crash.

It might be worth posting the crash stack to see if it helps anyone spot the problem.

I would have posted the crash stack, but it doesen't give any. The server freezes and I need to force the restart. Today it crashed while it was saving (or at least the game continued from where we crashed). I don't think any of these mods are incompatible with them, or at least they don't affect the same things. Though I decided to remove the potion mod since it doesen't work like it should and it hasn't been updated long time.

It sounds like you need to do some investigation.

Plan A  Start by backing up your saves.
Remove half of the the mods to see if the server becomes stable.  If not, remove half the remainder, etc.

Plan B  Start by backing up your saves.
Wipe the map and start from day zero again to see if the server becomes stable.

Plan C If your server is on Windows
Stop the server, then
Scan your HD/SSD for errors, then 
Open a DOS administrator prompt and run      sfc /scannow     to check for OS corruption.
Validate the Ark server installation
Restart the server and see if it becomes stable

• K4LLA changed the title to Weird crashes UPDATE! 21.01.

Archived