Crossplay ItemStackSize

SXS14

Hey Folks

I was searching for this but couldn't find en exact anwer. I want to change the ItemStackSize for Raw Mutton and Giant Bee Honey on my PC hosted, non dedicated server. Now the question is: If I change that setting in the ini, and another player joins my non dedicated from XBOX, will this setting also work for him? I am not sure if this is a change to game files like a mod, or if it is only a "server setting" that can be used for all the people who join.

Thanks in advance👌

you just need to edit your servers game.ini for every map if u are using a cluster:

no more mods needed

ConfigOverrideItemMaxQuantity=(ItemClassString="PrimalItemConsumable_RawMutton_C",Quantity=(MaxItemQuantity=10,bIgnoreMultiplier=True))
ConfigOverrideItemMaxQuantity=(ItemClassString="PrimalItemConsumable_Honey_C",Quantity=(MaxItemQuantity=10,bIgnoreMultiplier=True))

also working for resources and structures u just need the right item string with _C :)

ConfigOverrideItemMaxQuantity=(ItemClassString="PrimalItemResource_Polymer_Organic_C",Quantity=(MaxItemQuantity=100,bIgnoreMultiplier=True))
ConfigOverrideItemMaxQuantity=(ItemClassString="PrimalItemResource_CorruptedPolymer_C",Quantity=(MaxItemQuantity=100,bIgnoreMultiplier=True))
ConfigOverrideItemMaxQuantity=(ItemClassString="PrimalItemResource_Hide_C",Quantity=(MaxItemQuantity=1000,bIgnoreMultiplier=True))
ConfigOverrideItemMaxQuantity=(ItemClassString="PrimalItemStructure_StorageBox_Huge_C",Quantity=(MaxItemQuantity=10,bIgnoreMultiplier=True))
ConfigOverrideItemMaxQuantity=(ItemClassString="PrimalItemAmmo_CannonBall_C",Quantity=(MaxItemQuantity=10,bIgnoreMultiplier=True))

Thanks. 

I just checked this and the only Game.ini I could find was in the appdata folder where normally the save of the island should be, and it didn't contain any of the above lines🤔. Scorched earth save folder is empty...? 

Are you sure you are talking about the Windows Store Version and not the Steam version?

you need to add these lines to modifiy the stacksizes. its a config override. default there are no such lines in this ini

iam not sure for the windows store location iam using steam

in steamversion for local server it is:

\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsServer\game.ini

and for singleplayer:

\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\game.ini

iam running a dedicated server via ASM and every map has its own directory  with the following path \mapnane\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsServer\game.ini

and i need to edit every map config otherwise the other map will have default stack

make a backup of ur ini and just copy paste the both first lines into your game.ini and try :)

• 1 month later...

This IS possible for you on the Win 10 version of the game! Open File Explorer and paste this in your address bar:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Packages\StudioWildcard.4558480580BB9_1w2mm55455e38\LocalState\Saved\UWPConfig\UWP

You'll see 2 .ini files...game.ini and gameUserSettings.ini. As you are probably aware, these files allow you to custom edit the gameplay settings. Open your Game.ini file using NotePad. If you've never added any custom override edits then the first line in this file will be:

[ShooterGameMode_Options]

There are SEVERAL custom command lines that you can add to this file to customize your gameplay for yourself and your friends. The first thing you need to do is add this as the first line in the file: [/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]
Now, any customized override command lines you add underneath this should work. So, When you open your game.ini file, the first thing you'll paste/see is the following:

[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]

ConfigOverrideItemMaxQuantity=(ItemClassString="PrimalItemConsumable_RawMutton_C",Quantity=(MaxItemQuantity=100,bIgnoreMultiplier=true)) ConfigOverrideItemMaxQuantity=(ItemClassString="PrimalItemConsumable_Honey_C",Quantity=(MaxItemQuantity=100,bIgnoreMultiplier=true))

all the normal settings commands

For more in depth information on custom override commands you can go here: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration. There is also tons of information on the web in general about custom coding for xbox and win 10 if you just start searching.

On 2/17/2021 at 9:36 PM, SpaceCowboy3141 said:

This IS possible for you on the Win 10 version of the game! Open File Explorer and paste this in your address bar:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Packages\StudioWildcard.4558480580BB9_1w2mm55455e38\LocalState\Saved\UWPConfig\UWP

You'll see 2 .ini files...game.ini and gameUserSettings.ini. As you are probably aware, these files allow you to custom edit the gameplay settings. Open your Game.ini file using NotePad. If you've never added any custom override edits then the first line in this file will be:

There are SEVERAL custom command lines that you can add to this file to customize your gameplay for yourself and your friends. The first thing you need to do is add this as the first line in the file: [/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]
Now, any customized override command lines you add underneath this should work. So, When you open your game.ini file, the first thing you'll paste/see is the following:

[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]

ConfigOverrideItemMaxQuantity=(ItemClassString="PrimalItemConsumable_RawMutton_C",Quantity=(MaxItemQuantity=100,bIgnoreMultiplier=true)) ConfigOverrideItemMaxQuantity=(ItemClassString="PrimalItemConsumable_Honey_C",Quantity=(MaxItemQuantity=100,bIgnoreMultiplier=true))

all the normal settings commands

For more in depth information on custom override commands you can go here: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration. There is also tons of information on the web in general about custom coding for xbox and win 10 if you just start searching.

Wow bro, this is some really helpful information and I appreciate your effort. :)

So I will try this the next time I have time; eventually on the weekend. I am sick now of the tether distance, and I will move from non-dedicated server to a dedicated server which I will host on a second PC. Tried this yesterday, and it basically works. 

I assume the game.ini can also be used for dedicated same as non dedicated? 

Can I also put this line in there?: PreventUploadSurvivors=False 

on dedicated server, I only have the option to "Transfer to another server" at the obelisks instead of the "upload character", which is no option, because I don't have a cluster running. I am aware of the "cheat playercommand ascend" command, but I would rather prefer to upload my character the old fashion way :)

Thanks anyway for the information, and I hope you're OK with the additional questions.

Yes, any edits to the game.ini file will adjust your single player, non-dedicated, and dedicated sessions. 

The specific command "PreventUploadSurvivors=False" is for something called the Command Line, which is not available to Win 10 and Xbox players. The Command Line is an added batch file (a .txt file [like notepad] using commands to edit an .exe [executable] file) to the core game files, which is in a separate location on your machine under lock and key by Microsoft. It's not possible to break into these files and edit them AND still play the game, trust me, i've tried. This is how Steam and Epic players are able to add Mods to their servers. 

In the old days, yes there used to be an option at all Obelisks to "upload character". Wildcard removed that option a long time ago. The only way to transfer your character between single player/non-dedicate/dedicated servers now is by using the ascend command. Now there is only the Transfer servers options which only works inside of a cluster. Unfortunately there is absolutely no way to cluster personally owned dedicated servers. The reason for this is because you have to be able to define a "Cluster ID", which has to be done within the Command Line.

I know it sucks, but if you're wanting to switch the dedicated server over to a different map and take your character, you'll have to use the ascend command to upload the character, shut the server down, load it up on the new map, then choose "download survivor" on the character creation page to get your character there. On top of that, there is no way (at least that i know of) to ascend other players, you have to be and admin and ascend yourself. 

On a side note, just to throw more info at you 😅, The only way to cluster multiple servers together so you can travel/play between them is by paying/hosting servers on Nitrado. And yes, that gets to be too expensive for most people.

5 minutes ago, SpaceCowboy3141 said:

Yes, any edits to the game.ini file will adjust your single player, non-dedicated, and dedicated sessions. 

The specific command "PreventUploadSurvivors=False" is for something called the Command Line, which is not available to Win 10 and Xbox players. The Command Line is an added batch file (a .txt file [like notepad] using commands to edit an .exe [executable] file) to the core game files, which is in a separate location on your machine under lock and key by Microsoft. It's not possible to break into these files and edit them AND still play the game, trust me, i've tried. This is how Steam and Epic players are able to add Mods to their servers. 

In the old days, yes there used to be an option at all Obelisks to "upload character". Wildcard removed that option a long time ago. The only way to transfer your character between single player/non-dedicate/dedicated servers now is by using the ascend command. Now there is only the Transfer servers options which only works inside of a cluster. Unfortunately there is absolutely no way to cluster personally owned dedicated servers. The reason for this is because you have to be able to define a "Cluster ID", which has to be done within the Command Line.

I know it sucks, but if you're wanting to switch the dedicated server over to a different map and take your character, you'll have to use the ascend command to upload the character, shut the server down, load it up on the new map, then choose "download survivor" on the character creation page to get your character there. On top of that, there is no way (at least that i know of) to ascend other players, you have to be and admin and ascend yourself. 

On a side note, just to throw more info at you 😅, The only way to cluster multiple servers together so you can travel/play between them is by paying/hosting servers on Nitrado. And yes, that gets to be too expensive for most people.

Hey I really appreciate your detailed information and the effort you have put into these answers. Many many thanks.😊  Now it's time for me to put the same amount of effort into my answers, so you know that your inputs were tested by me😅

Now since Windows 10, Windows Server and many more are my daily business, I know really well about the hidden and prevented files of windows 10 and server 2016/2019. It is a really sad truth that Microsoft is starting to act like kinda "Apple type" there... sure they say it is for encryption of game files to prevent piracy, but that is just pretext. In reality, these methods cause more problems than benefits, especially in business enviroments. Even if you manage to get ownership of the Windows Apps folder and subfolders/files, you are still not able to look into the files, since they are encrypted.... but that's the design and we have to get used to it... untortunately....

Now I tested your tipps for the last 2 hours and I was really happy to see that it really works. I have read alot of suggestions about this, but somehow it never worked. Stacking of honey and raw mutton from your examples works like a charm, and I also managed to get rid of the structure pickup time. No more waste of materials when moving a base or just testing a building idea, that's just so awesome😁

I totally understand the lack of command parameters in Microsoft version due to the impossibility to access the nessecary files, but I think I can live with the ascend command. I have also tested this quickly. Started from level one, gathered some materials, built some tools and tamed a para. Uploaded everything to the terminal and then executed the command. Giving admin rights to a player is so easy, since I am having a Teamviewer running to my second PC on my second screen.

I just couldn't manage to find information what's the difference between the three ascend command methods (gamma, beta, alpha). I assume this gives you one of these states after uploading.... but I don't know what the benefits are.

Anyway, we normally fully play through a map completly with all boss fights a the end, so this command will only be needed like every few months maybe. This should be OK.

Thank you again for the great guide. These little lines make the life in ark alot easier. I will definitly look through all the commands. Maybe I will find some more helpful things.🤙🤙😁

You are very welcome, glad i could help and i hope these posts will help others in the future!

The difference in the Ascend commands is how many additional levels your character can earn after the fact
Gamma +5
Beta +10
Alpha +15

2 maps have ascension capabilities. The Island and Aberration, so alpha ascension on both would give your character an additional 30 levels that it can gain after the fact. 

One a side note, because i do a lot of custom server configs myself, I want to give a shout out to 3rd party software called Beacon. There is a free version and a paid version. The paid version is only like $10, and it's well worth the money, even if only to support the developer. The UI can take some time to get used to, but at the end of the day it allows you to make tons of customizations and generates the .ini text for you. If you're really interested in spicing things up on your dedicated, you may want to take a look at it.

1 minute ago, SpaceCowboy3141 said:

You are very welcome, glad i could help and i hope these posts will help others in the future!

The difference in the Ascend commands is how many additional levels your character can earn after the fact
Gamma +5
Beta +10
Alpha +15

2 maps have ascension capabilities. The Island and Aberration, so alpha ascension on both would give your character an additional 30 levels that it can gain after the fact. 

One a side note, because i do a lot of custom server configs myself, I want to give a shout out to 3rd party software called Beacon. There is a free version and a paid version. The paid version is only like $10, and it's well worth the money, even if only to support the developer. The UI can take some time to get used to, but at the end of the day it allows you to make tons of customizations and generates the .ini text for you. If you're really interested in spicing things up on your dedicated, you may want to take a look at it.

And that my friend, is it😁 I have never thought about the additional levels after ascension😅 I knew that it was there somehow, but was wondering that I got to level 111 instead of just 105 after moving from the island to scorched earth on my current non-dedicated. I first thought about the chibby and that this caused my levels to increase.😅 I think that we will use the Ascension alpha when finishing the first map, because we already beat the overseer on the non dedicated.

Perfect, just perfect😊 is the beacon tool also working for the store version? I would think so, because otherwise I believe you wouldn't have recommended it to me😅 I definitly am supporting good GUI programmed tools. Will take a look at it in the next free time.

Yes, I host a Win 10/Xbox crossplay dedicated and Beacon works perfect. There are some options inside of it that edit the command line that won't work for you, like Stat Clamping, but you can tell what will work and what doesn't when you generate the .ini code. It separates it up into your gameusersettings.ini, game.ini, and command line for you.

11 minutes ago, SpaceCowboy3141 said:

Yes, I host a Win 10/Xbox crossplay dedicated and Beacon works perfect. There are some options inside of it that edit the command line that won't work for you, like Stat Clamping, but you can tell what will work and what doesn't when you generate the .ini code. It separates it up into your gameusersettings.ini, game.ini, and command line for you.

That sounds great😊 definitly will give it a try. 

We first want to start a new game on the dedicated server tomorrow, and test if everything works, aaaand we will really enjoy the new freedom to get away from each other more than 400 meters😅

Seriuosly, the tek cave was a pain in the *** on non-dedicated... because of the tether distance there is also a problem when entering caves. If the host enters a cave, the other players will be ported into the cave directly, also when mounted on creatures. And because tek cave entrance has two different of such port marks (one between the volcano path entry and the actual tek cave gate, and one at the gate itself), you could imagine how bad this experience was even for only two players.... other player got ported directly into lava and all dinos following. We lost a whole army of high level rexes because of this, and alot of tek armor. That's why we could only manager to do the gamma overseer with few dinos as possible... really annoying. 

But now everything will be better😊

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with the non-dedicated hosting, the tether is a pain, and I was only playing with one other person. I also ran a win10 server for about 6 months and loved it, mostly. After our last map I did decide to go with a nitrado server, as we were going to start fresh and I wanted the server to be up more of the time and also be able to attract more people. I will also give a shout out to Beacon app, as it's been super useful in configuring the settings. 

Archived