breedable rockdrakes

niceguysrage

Suggestion

5 replies to this server topic

It would appear someone doesn't agree with me so here's my explanation. Start off with the 3 ele per node. Extinction and genesis got double the ele when the rates became a constant x2, and more ele when resource harvests get increased with events. After this, 3 maps got 2x increased element per boss fight, island, scorched and i can't remember the last one. Aberattion, still 3 ele a node with 0 ele for boss fights. Transferring off server. If you are lucky enough to spot a supply drop to transfer off, its more than likely on a high up ledge laughing at you. Combine this with the general 'unfriendliness' of the map is it any wonder these servers are always 0 pop. Radiation, blue spores, mushroom spores, nameless, earthquakes, surface fire, the general dark gloom the map looks. Aberration bugs. After the launch of this years thanksgiving event surface reapers disappeared entirely. They were like this right through till mid way Christmas event. An entire month, and yet i didn't hear anyone mention it because its aberration that as i said gets neglected. Imagine waiting a month to run rockwell! The tek drake not getting shot by turrets, how many months did that go on for? Abb is the most meshable map by a country mile, they are literally still holes you can walk into to mesh. The rock up by portal that everyone uses to get outside the world barrier, ever occur to someone to just remove it? Surface bases are still a thing, can't you just make that tiny parts of the map that are unaffected by flames unbuildabe? And finally wyverns became breedable, why aren't rock drakes? On the official servers i play on, managarmr after leveling get 30k HP and over 1000 melee. Can a drake compete with that? Is it any wonder you never see drakes on any other map than abb? Manas even have a range and freeze attack, drakes have a whopping 3/400 melee that would take half a day to kill any tame. Make drakes breedable but nerf them a little as you did wyverns. I can literally type all day but i'm going back to my abb map to cry

On 1/9/2021 at 7:53 AM, ITameDodos said:

It would appear someone doesn't agree with me so here's my explanation.

The devs don't hate Aberration. They have taken steps to keep it alive and well by removing some of its creatures from maps like Valguero and Crystal Isles to keep it from dying off entirely like Scorched, which only has the Phoenix as unique content. 

Yeah, they don't pay a lot of attention to it, but they pay even less attention to the Island, the Center, Scorched, and Ragnarok nowadays. Aberration is better off than those maps right now, and is one of the best maps in the game. It's supposed to be a tough and unfriendly map, same as the badlands on Extinction or the Space Biome on Genesis. 

8 minutes ago, Qwertymine said:

to keep it from dying off entirely

Have you seen the pop of abb servers? Do me a favour and log onto ark at peak time, switch the server filter to players and see which map is 'dying off entirely'. Around 20 abb servers with 0 pop, and maybe a couple scorched, rag or islands. Re-read that long paragraph i typed before, your only counter-argument was that they're not putting reapers or drakes tamable on other maps. I would consider that more of a sales tactic than trying to help aberration

Archived