Extinction death zone

RevanPresence

Suggestion

Dear developers!

First, let me thank you for the awesome game you've made. It keeps brightening up my days during this hard times. You are the only one who've managed to make an open world survival game that I've chose to play. And I am pretty sure that it stays this way. Your ARK is "one love" for me.

Now, to the topic.
The death zone on Extinction, one that is behind red beacons.

I apologise if what I ask is too bold of me, but I want to suggest either making it less deadlier or somehow making it's danger much more obvious.

In a current state of affairs, this zone kills both a player character and his/her creature mount in like 1.5 seconds, without any smooth transition, without a slightest hope to get a loot back.

I thank you if you still keep reading that, beacause i'd like to substantiate my request.

First, the danger of this zone is not obvious enough.
Most the other maps are surrounded with harmless force fields.
Most the other games that have death zones either give more time to escape, smoothly escalate the damage as player goes deeper or have some visuals that makes it obvious that if the player crosses the line, he or she will be dead. Which is why noone does actually expect so much harm from it.
At last, player on a flying mount can simply miss the red beacons if he or she flies too high, especially within the holographic domes.

Second, it breaks the usual game logic.
Which is - if you die, you respawn somewhere and rush to get your loot back. Works everywhere I've been, except this map. Even if a player is not equipped good enough, there is always a possibility of getting help from tribe mates, friends or even random people. With Extinction dead zone, nothing but the server admin will help to get the loot back.

Third. From what I've heard, there is a lore reason that this map is different from the others, so the death zone exist there for the sake lore. At least, I truly believe that you've made that for the sake of lore.

If what I've said is right, then I'd like to add that it doesn't work as intended. Instead of working as the lore object, it just griefs a newbie players like myself.

After getting a good wyvern and spending a lot of time scouting other maps, noone can expect to loose everything in like 1.5 seconds while simply flying around the area that lays miles away from any dangerous foe, and without any chance to retrieve the loot at least.

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived