Ark 2 is a Thing! Thoughts?

Logan96

Replying to my own topic...but i got some thoughts i'd really like to share with you guys based of the comments in this post. If we work together we can give some real feedback for the developers while ark 1 is still the game so lets make it happen.

@ITameDodos is concerned about alliances. This is a difficult one. From my experience tribes usually don't look for allies until they are established which leads to the strongest tribes teaming up and domination rather than making allies with a smaller tribe. This is understandable though, because the small tribe is likely to back stab them and take off.  If anyone has ideas on how to fix this please share your thoughts.

@wizard03 wants a more single player driven experience. I don't see why this should be an issue, we discussed  more storyline and potentially map generation, but i think that the biggest improvement would be, as wizard suggested-more direction and information for the  player. I don't recognize  any argument as of yet that makes me think providing more information to the player would be a bad thing. I have seen more players start the game and quit than players who have started the game and established themselves. I personally believe that this is due to a lack of tutorial within the game, as most seem to quit after they build their first secure(ish) home. 

@johnm81 wants what ark 1 is but polished and optimized "above all anti cheat" with a focus on such along with character backups. I think this should absolutely be a priority. I for one would love to see character backups implemented as i have seen many many many glitchy scenarios with characters being restored. Not a big deal as a solo player but the lack of a designated leader within tribes due to a glitch can be crippling and is unacceptable. 

@maxplanck58 and I may disagree on what level design should be, but we both agree that the player accessibility should be improved. By that i mean that we believe players should not have to spend 3-5 hours a day gaming in order to compete on PvP servers. That may be contradictory to some here and i fully welcome any arguments against  this. Time investment should be recognized and rewarded, but hot damn, the amount of time to compete in this game is NOT healthy. I'm sorry if that offends, but this is the truth of the matter. 

@ForzaProiettile is concerned about balance, specifically regarding op tames and certain equipment. I struggle with this one because i feel like new tames and equipment help keep the game alive, but there is a limit. I feel like the game should be based on a triangle system, with the kentro being a great example. This is a dino that can not dish out a lot of damage and die relatively easily, yet it could hold its own against a giga when used under the right circumstances. I think dinos should always be circumstantial and whenever a *jack of all trades* dino is introduced it does more harm than good to the health of pvp. I struggle with this though, because a super duper baddy *exodia* tier dino is really frigen cool. Any ideas of what can balance this are super welcome...

@Noa wants what i gather is more transparency from the company.

What I would like most out of these is what maxplanck58, wizard03 and I suggested. Ark needs a way to welcome new players by introducing them to the game and leading them along until they learn the ropes to become self sufficient. After that a little daily in game time is understandable to sustain/defend a base, but requiring the player to always be online is not only unhealthy, but it also limits the player base. I think the game would be far more more interesting with multiple medium sized tribes running around, but becoming a superpower should still be a possibility, and that will be a true challenge for the company. 

Overall I think these are all great suggestions, a game that keeps a check and balances on super powers, that incentivizes newer tribes with a better tutorial and narrative along with better dino/tech implementation and company transparency would be an amazing start to a second addition of Ark.  

25 minutes ago, Logan96 said:

I have always been an advocate for more information to the player and i would absolutely love to have more info provided, but lets not forget that a company has a reputation and if they provide too much information too soon and have to go back on that information, then they become unreliable. I expect that this trailer is merely setting the context and that we will probably see a few more trailers that will reveal more detail about the game before it is ever released.  

Nothing would please me more than getting more info, but you are correct in assuming that i do not need more. I enjoyed the first so much that i will be buying the second, regardless of the trailers provided. I believe that ark is the the leader in the open world mmo sandbox genre and i intend to be a part of it!

Also i don't believe patch notes are  a means to hiding features, but rather a means of recognizing their faults and letting the community know that they have fixed said faults. I expect any features within patch notes to be implemented within a sequel, which is  why i would rather see your suggestions implemented in such a way, because they are definitely good suggestions...

Look you asked for opinion ie thoughts.

You didn't wrote a disclaimer that are allowed to give opinion only those who agree with you.

I don't agree with you for example that after i buy ark2 have to read in some patch notes that kid in trailer was a lie and will not be in game.

That would be selling product which was not advertised and that is friendly explanation. Ofc we have a words for such false sale.

2 minutes ago, Noa said:

Look you asked for opinion ie thoughts.

You didn't wrote a disclaimer that are allowed to give opinion only those who agree with you.

I don't agree with you for example that after i buy ark2 have to read in some patch notes that kid in trailer was a lie and will not be in game.

That would be selling product which was not advertised and that is friendly explanation. Ofc we have a words for such false sale.

Don't get me wrong. I will never ask you to be friendly with me or anyone else. I believe that if we are offended by words alone it is a reminder that we need to become stronger individuals, so speak what you will. 

I think you are correct, we will never see that girl in the trailer, but ark has always been about the individuals story. So the story portrayed in the trailer is just an example of one out of the many stories we ourselves could have, and i would not consider that false advertisement. 

I look forward to reading your argument in the morning, but now i must sleep. Rest assured I promise to reply eventually. 

-Logan 

2 minutes ago, Logan96 said:

Don't get me wrong. I will never ask you to be friendly with me or anyone else. I believe that if we are offended by words alone it is a reminder that we need to become stronger individuals, so speak what you will. 

I think you are correct, we will never see that girl in the trailer, but ark has always been about the individuals story. So the story portrayed in the trailer is just an example of one out of the many stories we ourselves could have, and i would not consider that false advertisement. 

I look forward to reading your argument in the morning, but now i must sleep. Rest assured I promise to reply eventually. 

-Logan 

Hmm are you working for Wildcard, on trailers and animation films production, story and lore writer or simply forum warrior?

No thanks, I'm out of here.

7 hours ago, Noa said:

Hmm are you working for Wildcard, on trailers and animation films production, story and lore writer or simply forum warrior?

No thanks, I'm out of here.

hahaha so we are discussing our concerns over the trailer and game so if I was *working for wildcard* I feel like I would be the exact person you would want to provide feedback to. Yet you have decided to bail on the conversation instead, as though working for wildcard is some sort of terrible thing, so by that logic how could we ever expect to give the company any feedback?

I don't work for the company by the way and you already said peace, so i don't really expect a reply, but I just felt like pointing out the failed logic in your post for the community to see. We cant improve our favorite game if we don't talk about it guys. 

14 hours ago, Logan96 said:

Replying to my own topic...but i got some thoughts i'd really like to share with you guys based of the comments in this post. If we work together we can give some real feedback for the developers while ark 1 is still the game so lets make it happen.

@wizard03 wants a more single player driven experience. I don't see why this should be an issue, we discussed  more storyline and potentially map generation, but i think that the biggest improvement would be, as wizard suggested-more direction and information for the  player. I don't recognize  any argument as of yet that makes me think providing more information to the player would be a bad thing. I have seen more players start the game and quit than players who have started the game and established themselves. I personally believe that this is due to a lack of tutorial within the game, as most seem to quit after they build their first secure(ish) home. 

I doubt the devs even check here....Im getting a pubg vibe here, where the devs don't bother with this forum, but prolly depend on reddit or someplace else. Ill still post my thoughts tho, just in case one of them gets drunk and mistakes this as their normal go to instead. :P

While I am hoping for a bit more in single player than "here is a big open map, good luck!" I completely understand the multiplayer experience and absolutely expect it to be a part of ark for the future. And I agree, I remember seeing multiple dead bases even on the official legacy server I played. I just couldn't understand why they all quit, at first I thought the people in the server was upity, but after finding setups pre installed and open for others to use, I felt welcomed as a new player, so that wasn't it.
Im guessing a loss of direction and being unaware of end goals is what caused the premature quitting.

• 1 month later...

Stop breeding ubisoft managers, it's same stupidity as breed pulmonoscorpius. We don't want to see meshing, arab hackers, support that fueled by bots to make viev that is actually working, we don't want DLC's that will break the balance, we don't want to see retarded options like buy a ship (in atlas) and automatic lumbermills... gold for ships? Eh...
I'm talking about Atlas too because it was a good game, it has a lot of curious mechanics like weapon system, archery, no weapon combat, grappling hook mechanics.
The taming in Atlas, and it creatures.. it's awful. Do not repair things that don't need to be repaired. You hired that NYC guy to hear he's new ideas? Cut hes head off he don't need it anyway.. Stability, balance and fairplay. That's what we need. TEC is.. is okay.. Please wildcard, come back to the reality, to that times when you knew how to make good games... 

• 3 months later...

What I want new from Ark? To be more challenging and less borring. I really enjoy always the mod Primal Fear for Ark - it's a lot of different dinos and stuff in there (like 6 types of narcotics and bullets). Why not creating similar game in main Ark? The dinosaurs would be having a few tiers (toxic, fabled in PF however other names could be used in Ark), and bosses also tiered (Primals, Origins and later ones) - the main ones would be fought in Arena though (not like in PF where you drop the ball and fight wherever you want). Also - good idea to have challenges and tasks that would allow to tame some creature or even access some areas... For that obviously nice story and better options to play the game with friends on Servers (however this is not that bad). Fix glitches and errors also please dear Wildcard! Also - not able to play on several accounts in a game. For example if I added some mods I couldn't be playing other but these mods. So if I created PF game i couldn't play Ark without mods... it's annoying. Many thanks for listening of your game fans :)

Not sure yet, I started playing ark mainly because of the first trailer, dinos and guns, basebuilding, adventure.
I got all that, then tek arrived and killed the mood for me a bit so switched to primitive +.
Which is nice, but devs seem to don't care much about it and it gets a glitch after a glitch and nothing gets fixed ever.
If ark 2 is to be primitive like they said and devs show a bit of commitment, it could be a game I'd enjoy.
But so far I'm pretty dissapointed.

Archived