Small tribes 5x rates

Soutax

Read this?

With the major update on Tuesday, August 25th, we'll be doubling the fun by doubling the Official Rates across PC, Xbox and PS4 as standard, along with some changes to our specialty servers. From the next major version, Official Server rates will now have increased default rates for Harvesting, Taming, and XP. What was previously ‘2x rates’ prior to today, will now become the new base rate (1x). 

The increased 2x rates will be implemented directly in the game build itself. This means that Non-Dedicated Servers, Single Player Sessions and of course Unofficial Servers will also feel the increased rates. Therefore, if you’re currently using customized rates, it’s something you will want to keep in mind before this change is in place -- specifically upon the release of the next Major Version on each of your respective platforms, you may wish to reduce your server/game rates by 50% to have the same effective values as before.

Official rates will be adjusted accordingly:

• Standard Official Servers: 1x harvesting, taming, and XP (which is equivalent to 2x when considering our old values)
  • Small Tribes Servers: Smalls will have their taming, harvesting, and XP changed to 2.5x (which is equivalent to 5x when considering our old values)
  • Apocalypse Servers: These will remain at 3x harvesting, taming, and XP (which is equivalent to 6x when considering our old values)

6 hours ago, Thekuervito said:

Read this?

With the major update on Tuesday, August 25th, we'll be doubling the fun by doubling the Official Rates across PC, Xbox and PS4 as standard, along with some changes to our specialty servers. From the next major version, Official Server rates will now have increased default rates for Harvesting, Taming, and XP. What was previously ‘2x rates’ prior to today, will now become the new base rate (1x). 

The increased 2x rates will be implemented directly in the game build itself. This means that Non-Dedicated Servers, Single Player Sessions and of course Unofficial Servers will also feel the increased rates. Therefore, if you’re currently using customized rates, it’s something you will want to keep in mind before this change is in place -- specifically upon the release of the next Major Version on each of your respective platforms, you may wish to reduce your server/game rates by 50% to have the same effective values as before.

Official rates will be adjusted accordingly:

• Standard Official Servers: 1x harvesting, taming, and XP (which is equivalent to 2x when considering our old values)
  • Small Tribes Servers: Smalls will have their taming, harvesting, and XP changed to 2.5x (which is equivalent to 5x when considering our old values)
  • Apocalypse Servers: These will remain at 3x harvesting, taming, and XP (which is equivalent to 6x when considering our old values)

Yeah that was the post I readed. So why is it back to normal, can you explain ? Because it’s equivalent to 2,5 right now, not like yesterday before the event ..

8 hours ago, Soutax said:

Yeah that was the post I readed. So why is it back to normal, can you explain ? Because it’s equivalent to 2,5 right now, not like yesterday before the event ..

It's back to normal because the special event is over.

The old-normal (before August 25th) for Small Tribes was x1x5=x5, the new-normal rate (after August 25th) for small tribes is x2x2.5=x5, the temporary rate during the holiday event was higher but now the holiday event is over.

If you hit a rock with a pick on small tribes you get the same amount of flint/stone/metal as you used to get before August 25th. The multiplier has changed from (x1x5) to (x2x2.5) but the result is still the same, you still get the same amount of resources as you got before August 25th.

If you pick up a rock on the beach, how ever many stones you get should be the rate. 1 stone = 1x (gathering) 2 stone = 2x (gathering) ect...

As of now, small tribe on console the rate is 2x. THE OLD 2X. Something is definitely not right with the rates. I completely understand the event and what not, but we just reset to BEFORE the August 25th rates. 

Coming from small tribes on PS4. I haven't checked PC rates

Community Crunch 134:

Small tribe servers are not affected by evolution events.  Holiday events with colors and drops, yes, but not rate changes except for like, the Extra Life event.

1 hour ago, Sythe86 said:

If you pick up a rock on the beach, how ever many stones you get should be the rate. 1 stone = 1x (gathering) 2 stone = 2x (gathering) ect...

As of now, small tribe on console the rate is 2x. THE OLD 2X. Something is definitely not right with the rates. I completely understand the event and what not, but we just reset to BEFORE the August 25th rates. 

Coming from small tribes on PS4. I haven't checked PC rates

Community Crunch 134:

Small tribe servers are not affected by evolution events.  Holiday events with colors and drops, yes, but not rate changes except for like, the Extra Life event.

Thats not the case anymore, they have mentioned multiple times that picking up stones isnt going to indicate the rates anymore.

4 hours ago, Piffguru said:

Thats not the case anymore, they have mentioned multiple times that picking up stones isnt going to indicate the rates anymore.

Yeah that was what I was doing lol, really confusing but I got it. Anyways it feels like the rates have gone down. I was playing right before the message came for deactivating the Christmas event and restarting server, I could ‘feel’ the rates been gone after. 

So, looks like picking up stone will still be a perfect indicator of CURRENT rates.  If you keep in mind that the NEW BASE RATE IS PERMANENTLY RAISED, it works fine to tell when event rates are turned on and when they aren't.

Small Tribes Island servers are 2.5x and WildCard rounds down.  A stone on Island gives 2 stone.  2.5x rounded down is 2.  On official pvp or pve with 1x rates, a stone gives 1 stone.

During a 2x event, on official pve or pvp with 1x rates, you could see when the rates are switched on because it would give you 2 stone.  You would never get 5 stone for a 2x rate on Small Tribes because Small Tribes isn't affected by evo-events, BUT that's what you would get.  EDIT:  To be clear, Holiday Events and Extra Life include Small Tribes servers in regards to boosted rates, so when those once-a-year events roll around, they do indeed boost ALL servers, including Small Tribes.  The weekend evo-events (non-holiday weekend rate-boost events) do not affect Small Tribes under ordinary circumstances, but I'm sure mistakes are occasionally made.

On Small Tribes Scorched Earth, keep in mind that the stone and sand deposits give you more for hand-gathering than they do on Small Tribes Island because of the way Scorched Earth is coded.  It is not because rates are boosted on Scorched Earth.

In short, do testing yourself.  Hand-gathering rocks is still a perfectly valid way to see if a server is affected by evo events.

4 hours ago, TheDonn said:

So, looks like picking up stone will still be a perfect indicator of CURRENT rates.  If you keep in mind that the NEW BASE RATE IS PERMANENTLY RAISED, it works fine to tell when event rates are turned on and when they aren't.

Small Tribes Island servers are 2.5x and WildCard rounds down.  A stone on Island gives 2 stone.  2.5x rounded down is 2.  On official pvp or pve with 1x rates, a stone gives 1 stone.

During a 2x event, on official pve or pvp with 1x rates, you could see when the rates are switched on because it would give you 2 stone.  You would never get 5 stone for a 2x rate on Small Tribes because Small Tribes isn't affected by evo-events, BUT that's what you would get.

On Small Tribes Scorched Earth, keep in mind that the stone and sand deposits give you more for hand-gathering than they do on Small Tribes Island because of the way Scorched Earth is coded.  It is not because rates are boosted on Scorched Earth.

In short, do testing yourself.  Hand-gathering rocks is still a perfectly valid way to see if a server is affected by evo events.

Yeah I understood that part, thanks again. So for Christmas it was 5x then ? Because I checked with the pick-up method and got 5 stone. That’s what confused me 

16 hours ago, Soutax said:

Yeah I understood that part, thanks again. So for Christmas it was 5x then ? Because I checked with the pick-up method and got 5 stone. That’s what confused me 

The Holiday Event isn't considered a standard Evo Event, and so even Small Tribes was affected by the boosted rates.  So you would see the new normal 2.5x doubled to 5x, meaning a Small Tribes Island stone pickup would net you 5 stone.

I'll edit my abovea post to add clarity to this point!

Archived