pvp No point for new players?

Rocco

So a few of my friends and I have been playing ark on and off now since it's original release. We're not brand new but when we pick it up after a break we start new on a new server. PvE servers don't fit our play style but it feels as if the PvP servers are impossible to get established on. Every time we start we get to MAYBE a stone house and get wrecked by someone who's got a million hours on the server with massive high level tames and tools. Last night we logged on, it took 45 minutes to find each other on crystal isles, we made a quick thatch base for beds to just respawn at and went exploring. Five minutes in we died exploring and went to respawn at our base and it was already destroyed by some guy with a Wyvern. So I guess I'm asking what's the point and if anyone has any suggestions how to try to enjoy the game and survive long enough to not get burnt out by jerks. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Rocco you have to stay hidden until you get established.

Kordiel there actually are beginner servers that wipe every 60 days where you can only get to like level 41 or something and wild dinos are also lower levels. Before it wipes you can transfer to main cluster but people from main cluster can't go to beginner maps.

HenryManson pvp isn't completely broken. You can hide in the empty servers and go pvp in the populated ones

It's a cycle.  You get wiped every day, and if you do all the pro-PvP advice you are getting here (finding an "empty" server, staying "hidden") and somehow get built up, you then return the favor to the PvP community and go raid thatch, wood, and stone bases built by bobs for their supply of fiber loot profit.

If you stay long enough you become the very thing you dislike right now, telling yourself, "well if I don't kill this bob with a thatch hut, they will probably build up and raid specifically me, so its better to do it now while I have absolutely, positively, 100%, without a doubt, ZERO chance of losing anything."  Matter of time.

Archived