Cluster Complication (Detailed)

Are you using the Steam version of Ark?

It's sounding like a cluster issue if you can't see the maps from an obolisk.
Double check that you have identical Cluster Dir's and Cluster ID's for all your maps.

Also check that you have

[ServerSettings]
PreventDownloadDinos=False
PreventDownloadItems=False
PreventDownloadSurvivors=False
PreventUploadDinos=False
PreventUploadItems=False
PreventUploadSurvivors=False

in your GUS.ini

and    -NoTransferFromFiltering    is recommended to prevent people bringing dinos and items in from SP.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Larkfields said:

Are you using the Steam version of Ark?

It's sounding like a cluster issue if you can't see the maps from an obolisk.
Double check that you have identical Cluster Dir's and Cluster ID's for all your maps.

Also check that you have

[ServerSettings]
PreventUploadDinos=False
PreventUploadItems=False

in your GUS.ini

and    -NoTransferFromFiltering    is recommended to prevent people bringing dinos and items in from SP.

//SUMMARY//
Very much so using Steam Version. In fact, I got ALL of my users to swap to Steam Version.

[Run_Server.bat]
start "KIN of Hera - Ragnarok" /abovenormal "C:\KINServer\ASM\Servers\RagnarokSave\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe" Ragnarok?listen?MultiHome=192.168.1.2?Port=7777?QueryPort=27015?MaxPlayers=25?AllowCrateSpawnsOnTopOfStructures=True -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -EnableIdlePlayerKick -clusterid=D3l1v3ryb01 -ClusterDirOverride="C:\KINServer\ASM\Servers\Clusters" -NoTransferFromFiltering -UseBattlEye -forcerespawndinos -servergamelog -servergamelogincludetribelogs -ServerRCONOutputTribeLogs -nosteamclient -game -server -log

[Run_Server.bat]
start "KIK of Hera - Genesis" /abovenormal "C:\KINServer\ASM\Servers\GenesisSave\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe" Genesis?listen?MultiHome=192.168.1.2?Port=7779?QueryPort=27017?MaxPlayers=25?AllowCrateSpawnsOnTopOfStructures=True -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -EnableIdlePlayerKick -clusterid=D3l1v3ryb01 -ClusterDirOverride="C:\KINServer\ASM\Servers\Clusters" -NoTransferFromFiltering -UseBattlEye -forcerespawndinos -servergamelog -servergamelogincludetribelogs -ServerRCONOutputTribeLogs -nosteamclient -game -server -log

[Ragnarok GameUserSettings.ini]
(
I've confirmed all mods have been updated.)

ActiveMods=797686039,1115844828,1357417063,1380777369,1435344008,1445181373,1551199162,1568516940,590046776,601893934,655261420,1364327869,670764308,731604991,741203089,821530042,880871931,924933745,926567353,942185438

PreventUploadItems=False
PreventUploadDinos=False

[Genesis GameUserSettings.ini]
(I've confirmed all mods have been updated.)

ActiveMods=797686039,1115844828,1357417063,1380777369,1435344008,1445181373,1551199162,1568516940,590046776,601893934,655261420,1364327869,670764308,731604991,741203089,821530042,880871931,924933745,926567353,942185438

PreventUploadItems=False
PreventUploadDinos=False

When it's set up with all the parameters listed above, as is directed by the wiki from my understanding; NO servers appear in the server list. The only way I can seem to get ANY servers to populate from Oblisk/SupplyDrop/Tek Transmitter is if I set the following parameters. 

-clusterid="C:\KINServer\ASM\Servers\Clusters" 
-ClusterDirOverride="C:\KINServer\ASM\Servers\Clusters"

But that doesn't make ANY sense to me because in no article, tutorial, or writing on the matter of clusters have I seen clusterid and clustediroverride set to be identical. I understand that you're SUPPOSED to identify cluster id

i.e. -clusterid=D3l1v3ryb01 -ClusterDirOverride="C:\KINServer\ASM\Servers\Clusters"

in the server launch parameters; but in doing so, absolutely no servers populate the server list within game what so ever. I don't understand why. 

[Forwarded Ports - both Firewall & Router]
Server 1: 7777-7778-27015 BOTH UDP/TCP
Server 2: 7779-7780-27017 BOTH UDP/TCP

[NAT Mode] = RoutedWithNAT

[DMZ IPv4 Settings] = disabled

Can you try...

start "KIN of Hera - Ragnarok" /abovenormal "C:\KINServer\ASM\Servers\RagnarokSave\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe" Ragnarok?listen?MultiHome=192.168.1.2?Port=7777?QueryPort=27015?MaxPlayers=25?AllowCrateSpawnsOnTopOfStructures=True -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -EnableIdlePlayerKick -clusterid=D3l1v3ryb01 -ClusterDirOverride=\KINServer\ASM\Servers\Clusters -NoTransferFromFiltering -UseBattlEye -forcerespawndinos -servergamelog -servergamelogincludetribelogs -ServerRCONOutputTribeLogs -nosteamclient -game -server -log

start "KIK of Hera - Genesis" /abovenormal "C:\KINServer\ASM\Servers\GenesisSave\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe" Genesis?listen?MultiHome=192.168.1.2?Port=7779?QueryPort=27017?MaxPlayers=25?AllowCrateSpawnsOnTopOfStructures=True -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -EnableIdlePlayerKick -clusterid=D3l1v3ryb01 -ClusterDirOverride=\KINServer\ASM\Servers\Clusters -NoTransferFromFiltering -UseBattlEye -forcerespawndinos -servergamelog -servergamelogincludetribelogs -ServerRCONOutputTribeLogs -nosteamclient -game -server -log

I've removed the quotes and the drive spec from the cluster dir.

When I said to set the clusterID and DIR the same across the maps, I meant for the DIR to be shared and the ID to be shared, like you have above.  Sorry if I didn't explain it too well.

Is your port-forwarding setup to go to 192.168.1.2 (same as the multihome address)?

51 minutes ago, Larkfields said:

Can you try...

start "KIN of Hera - Ragnarok" /abovenormal "C:\KINServer\ASM\Servers\RagnarokSave\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe" Ragnarok?listen?MultiHome=192.168.1.2?Port=7777?QueryPort=27015?MaxPlayers=25?AllowCrateSpawnsOnTopOfStructures=True -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -EnableIdlePlayerKick -clusterid=D3l1v3ryb01 -ClusterDirOverride=\KINServer\ASM\Servers\Clusters -NoTransferFromFiltering -UseBattlEye -forcerespawndinos -servergamelog -servergamelogincludetribelogs -ServerRCONOutputTribeLogs -nosteamclient -game -server -log

start "KIK of Hera - Genesis" /abovenormal "C:\KINServer\ASM\Servers\GenesisSave\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe" Genesis?listen?MultiHome=192.168.1.2?Port=7779?QueryPort=27017?MaxPlayers=25?AllowCrateSpawnsOnTopOfStructures=True -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -EnableIdlePlayerKick -clusterid=D3l1v3ryb01 -ClusterDirOverride=\KINServer\ASM\Servers\Clusters -NoTransferFromFiltering -UseBattlEye -forcerespawndinos -servergamelog -servergamelogincludetribelogs -ServerRCONOutputTribeLogs -nosteamclient -game -server -log

I've removed the quotes and the drive spec from the cluster dir.

When I said to set the clusterID and DIR the same across the maps, I meant for the DIR to be shared and the ID to be shared, like you have above.  Sorry if I didn't explain it too well.

Is your port-forwarding setup to go to 192.168.1.2 (same as the multihome address)?

You're explaining fine; I'm just exhausted and overlooking things.

I copied and pasted your ini suggestions, but all this seems to do is give me a "No sessions found!" message when entering an Oblisk/Drop/Transmitter. 

Indeed all ports are forwarded on 192.168.1.2 as the multihome address is.

27 minutes ago, AlphaObeisance said:

You're explaining fine; I'm just exhausted and overlooking things.

I copied and pasted your ini suggestions, but all this seems to do is give me a "No sessions found!" message when entering an Oblisk/Drop/Transmitter. 

Indeed all ports are forwarded on 192.168.1.2 as the multihome address is.

Is it still the same for the other players? just to rule out a NAT issue

Just now, RageQuitter said:

Is it still the same for the other players? just to rule out a NAT issue

Yes. Other players can see servers when I can see servers; or can't when I can't. But at no point do the servers within our own cluster display for any of us. Either random servers populate, or no population at all. Depending on the settings.

11 minutes ago, Larkfields said:

Do you have each map within its own VM, or are all the maps running in the same VM/physical machine?

All running on the same machine. 

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor 4.10 GHz
32.0 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz
ASUS GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8gb EVO GDDR6

Samsung 970 Evo Plus SSD M.2 
ST2000LX SATA 2TB
WDS SATA 1TB

Capture.PNG.da8164b61f12e945c6fc458edb49c219.PNG

7 hours ago, Larkfields said:

Your cluster directory isn't there.

You seem to have two complete installations of the Ark server - one under Gen and the other under Rag.
Each installation should have a folder called "Saved".

Can you have a look in both Saved folders please... is there a "D3l1v3ryb01" folder under either or both ?

yes, for some reason that's how Ark Server Manager (also discussing this there) sets up servers this way. Every time you add a new server, it get's it's own directory. And then when specifying (and overriding) the clusterdiroverride with your desired cluster, it creates it's own directory under the main ASM folder. 

Though, I've tested this entire process without the use of ASM and utilizing only the methods mentioned in this post but the results were identical; even when only having a single directory.

I tested this by creating a folder on my desktop, downloading SteamCMD and "app_update 376030 validate". I then setup a .bat file with the absolute bare minimum parameters to create a server, and cluster directory. Both test maps were visible, I spawned in and booked it to an oblisk. All I got was a "No sessions found" message. 

This is not an issue caused by ArkServerManager, as it persists with or without the use of the GUI

The next test is to log on to Genesis and put something into the Ark Data - maybe a stone or something trivial.  That should create a file in the Cluster Directory that ASM has defined.
Find the file and make a note of which directory it has gone into - and note the date/time on the file.

Now log in to Rag and look at the Ark Data.  Is the stone there?   In any case, put something into the Ark Data.  On a working cluster, this would update the file you found (above).  

I'm guessing that either:  You can't upload anything, or that you'll have two files in different directories.

Files in the cluster directory will use your Steam/EPIC ID as the filename.

image.png.bce7b714a53e620481255ba5299a1b14.png

OK so I did yet another COMPLETE wipe and reinstall of the server. I can confirm that I can transfer items, and dinosaurs to the ark. Disconnect from server, connect on alternate server, and download my items. But our clustered servers still do not appear in the "Travel to another server" list. 

Additionally, the new directory for clusters is -clusterid=D3l1v3ryb01 -ClusterDirOverride="C:\Servers"

There is NO "Clusters" folder, and no "D3l1v3ryb01" folder. So it seems the game is storing the shared data in some unknown location. I can't find it anywhere. It's not in the map folders, nowhere.

Lastly, it's not saving the server name. Just giving me the ARK#35345235 default.

Cannot "upload survivor". While I can download any dinos uploaded, I cannot download a survivor from another server. And since there's no server population within my own cluster, I can't "Join with survivor" either.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a noob so someone technical with ark is going to have to chime in but I don't see any alternate save paths for them both?

D:\GameServers\SteamCMD\steamapps\common\ARK Survival Evolved Dedicated Server\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe TheIsland?listen?Port=7777?QueryPort=27015?MaxPlayers=10?AltSaveDirectoryName=TheIsland?AllowCrateSpawnsOnTopOfStructures=True -EnableIdlePlayerKick -clusterid=ASMC -ClusterDirOverride="D:\GameServers" -NoTransferFromFiltering -NoBattlEye -nosteamclient -game -server -log

I thought AltSaveDirectoryName=TheIsland? should be in the cmd line and different for both world folders below the cluster folder to save to?

Don't shoot if I'm wrong remember I'm a beach bob... UCG...

23 minutes ago, UCG said:

I'm a noob so someone technical with ark is going to have to chime in but I don't see any alternate save paths for them both?

D:\GameServers\SteamCMD\steamapps\common\ARK Survival Evolved Dedicated Server\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe TheIsland?listen?Port=7777?QueryPort=27015?MaxPlayers=10?AltSaveDirectoryName=TheIsland?AllowCrateSpawnsOnTopOfStructures=True -EnableIdlePlayerKick -clusterid=ASMC -ClusterDirOverride="D:\GameServers" -NoTransferFromFiltering -NoBattlEye -nosteamclient -game -server -log

I thought AltSaveDirectoryName=TheIsland? should be in the cmd line and different for both world folders below the cluster folder to save to?

Don't shoot if I'm wrong remember I'm a beach bob... UCG...

AlphaObeisance has two complete installations of the server, so each map will have its own (default) save directory without having to specify it.

The downside of doing things this way is that two server installations will take up more disk space.
The upside is that they can each have their own unique game.ini and GUS.ini

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, Larkfields said:

The upside is that they can each have their own unique game.ini and GUS.ini

It isn't well known, but you can actually override any configuration file path directly from the command line. For example, the following:

-GameUserSettingsINI="../../Saved/Config/WindowsServer/MyGameUserSettings.ini"

Would load MyGameUserSettings.ini instead. The path is relative to the ShooterGameServer.exe process so we use ../../ to start from ../ShooterGame/ instead of ../ShooterGame/Binaries/Win64/ so that all our config are in the same directory. You can do the same with any other config files as well (e.g. -GameINI=???), etc.

Yes, as is stated above. Each server has an independent installation directory, mostly personal preference to avoid corruption of servers;  just a peace of mind thing. Both Ragequitter and Larkfields have reached out to me, but I've been short on time dealing with some RL issues, as well as a large timezone gap, so haven't been very good at getting back to them. 

This issue remains partly unresolved at this time. I can transfer items, and dinos cross server without issue. But I cannot travel between servers with my character, and am instead required to create a new character on each server before retrieving my items from supply drops/oblisks. I do not know how to resolve this issue. My last conclusion is that character travel is restricted until post ascension (beating the bosses). I thought maybe being an unofficial dedicated server, I could travel at will, at any point I or my player base desire, but that does not seem to be the case.  

I even have cross cluster global chat working thanks to Spikeydragoon's Cross ark chat across 6 different servers; all of which transfer items/dinos without any issue. I surely wish I could transfer my main character as easily! Has been quite a learning experience to say the least. Hopefully to be resolved someday 🤣

2 hours ago, Larkfields said:

Character level isn't a limiting factor.  You can transfer from level 1.

Can anyone else transfer across your maps, or is it just you that can't ?

That's what I had thought.

I just got confirmation from someone outside our LAN network that they were able to xfer servers using their current character. So it works 100% as intended for those outside of host network.

The only people who cannot transfer characters, are those of us within my household on the LAN network. We can transfer items, dinos, but no characters. I know it is possible to get the LAN to function the same way, as Neddy, and Cwiddy both do it successfully, and play on the same host machine without issue. 

Here on the LAN, we click "Travel to another server" and a "No servers found" message. Seems to me a port forward issue, but based on every single tutorial I've seen, and read, and the confirmation from my ISP, ports are all setup properly.

7 hours ago, AlphaObeisance said:

Update: Well, one player outside the LAN network was able to transfer to and from alternate servers, but I've got one that says they're not getting any server population :/. I have no idea what's going on.

Sounds like you don't have   -NoTransferFromFiltering    in your command line  if someone could transfer in from another server.
That means people can bring OP dinos and items to your server.  They could spawn anything into SP and move it to your server.

• Volunteer Moderator
7 hours ago, AlphaObeisance said:

Update: Well, one player outside the LAN network was able to transfer to and from alternate servers, but I've got one that says they're not getting any server population :/. I have no idea what's going on.

Try to query/connect to your server using its WAN IP instead of your LAN. If you can't, then it is a NAT issue as previously mentioned above. Regardless, try the following option:

-showhiddenservers

• Volunteer Moderator
58 minutes ago, Larkfields said:

Hi Invincible.  That option (-showhiddenservers) looks like it's undocumented 😞

Can you tell us what it does please?

It shows hidden servers! I'm not sure in what context, though. My initial guess was version/mod mismatch but that wasn't the case at the time I tested. Not even sure if it is used server-side, or if it is client-side only. Just figured it may be worth the try here since well, his servers are hidden aren't they. :D

1 hour ago, Larkfields said:

And are there any more undocumented options that might be useful for server owners?

Aye, there's quite a few. What are you looking for exactly? What is considered useful is subjective to the individual I guess. What about:

-parseservertojson

Which dumps dinos, players, inventories, structures, etc. into a ../Saved/Logs/AuditLogs/*.json file. Or:

-unstasisdinoobstructioncheck

Which helps prevent dinos from ghosting through meshes/structures on re-render.

Archived