Why is this game a pile of buggy garbage?

Moth1234

1 hour ago, ITameDodos said:

This entire paragraph annoys me. First off i've bought this game on 4 profiles with every DLC also bought on the profiles. If its a financial issue they should host a donation event much like the charity event that increases rates with more money donated, specifically to target bugs. I for one would definitely donate to it if it can improve the state of the game. Even selling new cosmetics instead of giving away a million new ones on the new years event. I personally think bugs don't get resolved from the out of touch developers and customer support team that dont take much notice until there is enough outcry

Sorry if it annoys you, but such is reality.  By all means, feel free to approach businesses worldwide with your ground-breaking idea of asking customers to donate money to address issues which don't make economic sense to address in the first place.  They'll be kicking themselves for not thinking of it first.  And to think, it all started with someone annoyed about glitches in a video game.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, SMP said:

feel free to approach businesses worldwide with your ground-breaking idea of asking customers to donate money to address issues which don't make economic sense to address in the first place

First off, i offered solutions. I don't simply complain about what a dev is and isn't capable of. Second, ark isn't a cash grab game so the idea of donations doesn't sound that ridiculous. Third, 'economic sense'? I wasn't speaking of a magma nest bug but more along the lines of improving the anti-mesh barrier, dossing they have already tackled and general player enforcement. This would definitely make economic sense. Its why most people i know have quit this game. Your telling me fixing these things wouldn't bring back the population of official servers? Would you prefer we didn't address these issues so the state of the game can remain as broken as it always was? Why are people like you on these forums if you don't believe in improvement? 

1 hour ago, ITameDodos said:

First off, i offered solutions. I don't simply complain about what a dev is and isn't capable of. Second, ark isn't a cash grab game so the idea of donations doesn't sound that ridiculous. Third, 'economic sense'? I wasn't speaking of a magma nest bug but more along the lines of improving the anti-mesh barrier, dossing they have already tackled and general player enforcement. This would definitely make economic sense. Its why most people i know have quit this game. Your telling me fixing these things wouldn't bring back the population of official servers? Would you prefer we didn't address these issues so the state of the game can remain as broken as it always was? Why are people like you on these forums if you don't believe in improvement? 

Its cute you think WC gives a hoot at this point. Once genesis part 2 hits they will shift entirely to ark 2 and this will be a memory. 

53 minutes ago, FreelancerKnux said:

Its cute you think WC gives a hoot at this point. Once genesis part 2 hits they will shift entirely to ark 2 and this will be a memory. 

Dude as you can see i've only made 18 posts on this forums and every comment i post is met with bitterness. I genuinely give up cause everyone on these forums gives me the urge to punch the screen. Im going back to my base to get meshed every month, its more enjoyable 

53 minutes ago, ITameDodos said:

Dude as you can see i've only made 18 posts on this forums and every comment i post is met with bitterness. I genuinely give up cause everyone on these forums gives me the urge to punch the screen. Im going back to my base to get meshed every month, its more enjoyable 

If every post you've made is met with bitterness, maybe it's your posts which are the problem.

I understand your frustration over your virtual toys not always working right.  Unfortunately, you seem to be under the impression that software developer's primary concern is making a perfect game.  Investors and the board of directors don't care, probably don't even know, about meshing or shadow distancing or anything else.  The average life cycle of a video game has been surpassed in this case, Ark is past its peak. You could fix every glitch in the game tonight and it wouldn't result in a substantial increase in revenue.  If it's not going to make them money, it's not going to get done.

As for going back to your base to get meshed: build a different base.  I've spent 6k hours on PVP servers and never been meshed once.

10 minutes ago, SMP said:

As for going back to your base to get meshed: build a different base.  I've spent 6k hours on PVP servers and never been meshed once.

I know i should walk away at this point but your rebuttals are so perfect it annoys me. Im going to debunk this quote, even if its a mere sentence. First off i've spent around 15k hours playing PvP official, call me sad i dont care. Its pretty evident at this point. Im going to run you through every base i've built so far on ark and how it ended.

103 lava cave - meshed, probably the first server to ever get meshed

887 underworld - meshed. Had this base for around 9 months. Infact this got meshed for over 2 months until i gave up entirely

675 blue zone - given away. Had too little time to play

302 volcano - moved off to build 944

944 underworld - meshed, in a whopping record of 2 weeks in

795 red cave - bluetagged and meshed

615 underworld - Wiped legit

787 red cave - insided, meshed later

809 red cave - ally wiped

795 spine - mek rushed

778 red cave - moved off to oil

1136 oil cave - meshed, again 2 weeks in

genesis snow plat - wiped legit

302 ice and carno - moved off

22b ice and carno - moved off

1115 oil cave - insided x3

787 shadow cave - meshed

So of the 13 times i have gotten wiped, 8 was due to meshing. Tell me it isn't an issue. Tell me to 'build in a different location'. Don't get me wrong, i'm the fool to keep playing this but dont say meshing aint an issue. This is probably the last ounce of effort i have to waste on these forums

18 hours ago, ITameDodos said:

I know i should walk away at this point but your rebuttals are so perfect it annoys me. Im going to debunk this quote, even if its a mere sentence. First off i've spent around 15k hours playing PvP official, call me sad i dont care. Its pretty evident at this point. Im going to run you through every base i've built so far on ark and how it ended.

103 lava cave - meshed, probably the first server to ever get meshed

887 underworld - meshed. Had this base for around 9 months. Infact this got meshed for over 2 months until i gave up entirely

675 blue zone - given away. Had too little time to play

302 volcano - moved off to build 944

944 underworld - meshed, in a whopping record of 2 weeks in

795 red cave - bluetagged and meshed

615 underworld - Wiped legit

787 red cave - insided, meshed later

809 red cave - ally wiped

795 spine - mek rushed

778 red cave - moved off to oil

1136 oil cave - meshed, again 2 weeks in

genesis snow plat - wiped legit

302 ice and carno - moved off

22b ice and carno - moved off

1115 oil cave - insided x3

787 shadow cave - meshed

So of the 13 times i have gotten wiped, 8 was due to meshing. Tell me it isn't an issue. Tell me to 'build in a different location'. Don't get me wrong, i'm the fool to keep playing this but dont say meshing aint an issue. This is probably the last ounce of effort i have to waste on these forums

Don't give up yet!  We have a good exchange of ideas going here.

I'm not saying build in a different location.  I'm saying build a different base.  Know what meshers find when they pop up into my ground-floor rooms?  Walls lined with turrets and a small horde of dimos or compys.  You can't stop meshing as a tactic, but you can stop it from being an effective one.

2 hours ago, SMP said:

Don't give up yet!  We have a good exchange of ideas going here.

I haven't given up yet, i've managed to keep possession of my virtual toys all year round! I would however like the idea of building a base without calculating the 18 alternative entrances they can come from. The giant hole in the wall isn't good enough for some people! However, your last comment has offered some kind of advice/solution, and here i thought you were a lifeless corporate drone. Welcome to the 'Make Ark Great Again' club, enjoy your stay on these forums! 

On 1/4/2021 at 3:23 PM, Moth1234 said:

Seriously? It's been out 4 years, and started development 6 years ago and there are many aspects that still play like it's in beta. Does this game not receive updates? There are countless bugs, how is this acceptable? Every time a bug happens, you guys in the community just say "That's Ark!" or "Ark being Ark!", like what is that? You guys attempting to be funny? You guys trying to justify your games problems? You guys are enabling the developers the ignore the bugs. Do you guys not care about the health of this game? Or for Ark 2? Even if they have released patches with various bug fixes, it's not enough. I only have 157 hours in this game, I'm not even one of you guys with 5k hours. And for me, it's getting ridiculous.

Everything from the jank combat and jank movement in water or when you try to run past anything you're stuck on - which is all a netcode issue - that causes rubberbanding, all the way down to building bugs like things not placing where the green preview says it will, or spyglasses (not even the awesome variant) not working, spawns not working or you spawn elsewhere from where you clicked, getting stuck in things, trying to talk to HLNA on genesis is a joke half the time she just dodges you (super lovely when trying to teleport quickly -.-), servers hitching randomly? Maybe on autosaves? Dunno! It's Ark after all right!  Or how about shooting things with a crossbow or any ranged weapon, how does it not even register WHEN I CAN SEE THE BLOODY ARROW STICKING OUT OF IT'S HEAD. Or everything clipping through everything, or structure placement constant flickering, or corpses falling through the ground (like dying on magmsaur nesting areas, body literally always falls through it and can't recover. Nice.) Shadow quality bugged for far distance, why am I seeing giant shadows way off in the distance move with my character? Half the armor sets clip through the map, ghillie is especially bad, can't see anything, newly hatched dinos fall through floors/objects sometimes?

Honestly I could go on, but I'm sure most of you are well aware of all of these, plus many more that I haven't even encountered yet. They have a trailer for Ark 2 and have money for Vin Diesel, yet their original game is in the state it's in now? Half the time this game plays like an un-optimized beta test during a network stress test. It's disgusting.

Welcome to ark buddy.

wait till your first 1000k kiddo then you'll begin to understand

On 1/9/2021 at 2:30 PM, FreelancerKnux said:

I think the cutest aspect would be the people that think they won't mirror the same mentality in this "ark 2".

...Even more adorable to me would be the masses that feverishly flock to have this history repeat itself so they can complain again and have mods and crew come in to exacerbate the issues with the least constructive and snide criticism available. Here's to the future. 

Cheers!

• Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, Ganelon said:
  1. Bugs: Yep.
  2. Needs refinements? Yep.
  3. Needs stable official servers? Yep.
  4. Most hours of fun for my dollars? Yep. 

You can judge your own entertainment threshold.

Basically. Ark is by far the buggiest game I've ever played. Hands down.

It's also a game I've spent the most time in. The cost/time spent ratio is pretty winning.

On 1/9/2021 at 7:33 AM, ITameDodos said:

This entire paragraph annoys me. First off i've bought this game on 4 profiles with every DLC also bought on the profiles. If its a financial issue they should host a donation event much like the charity event that increases rates with more money donated, specifically to target bugs. I for one would definitely donate to it if it can improve the state of the game. Even selling new cosmetics instead of giving away a million new ones on the new years event. I personally think bugs don't get resolved from the out of touch developers and customer support team that dont take much notice until there is enough outcry

They have the money. they just don't want to spend more on a qualified dev to fix it. Plus it would require they rebuild the entire game and remap everything. they screwed up from the ground up and now they can't fix it unless they go back to the start.

38 minutes ago, Zunum said:

They have the money. they just don't want to spend more on a qualified dev to fix it. Plus it would require they rebuild the entire game and remap everything. they screwed up from the ground up and now they can't fix it unless they go back to the start.

I mean, they already have tried to fix it without rebuilding the game. The anti-mesh does work and has stopped alot of meshing, just needs improved. I've already accepted that they won't rebuild this game. What bugs me aint meshing itself but the lack of player enforcement. I can only hope at this point ark 2 has resolved the issues, so here's to another 2 years of waiting.. ontop of the 3 years already waited.. and BOOM i probably dont care about this game by that point! Even better!

3 hours ago, Masurao said:

I think the cutest aspect would be the people that think they won't mirror the same mentality in this "ark 2".

...Even more adorable to me would be the masses that feverishly flock to have this history repeat itself so they can complain again and have mods and crew come in to exacerbate the issues with the least constructive and snide criticism available. Here's to the future. 

Cheers!

salt salting GIF

On 1/11/2021 at 4:09 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

Basically. Ark is by far the buggiest game I've ever played. Hands down.

It's also a game I've spent the most time in. The cost/time spent ratio is pretty winning.

I do enjoy seeing posts where people rant  ENDLESSLY, with the final judgement that this game(whatever the game) is the WORST thing created by the WORST people... and they know what they are talking about because they have 2000 hours playing the game(argument from authority. Then they announce the are striking back by quitting. Reminds me of that scene in Old School ...

51 minutes ago, Ganelon said:

I do enjoy seeing posts where people rant  ENDLESSLY, with the final judgement that this game(whatever the game) is the WORST thing created by the WORST people... and they know what they are talking about because they have 2000 hours playing the game(argument from authority. Then they announce the are striking back by quitting. Reminds me of that scene in Old School ...

I have put a lot of hours into Ark over 5 years - bought all the DLC.  I think it is an inspired, vibrant and ambitious game.  In my opinion, it can be a great game - but I will also declare that I think it is also an unbalanced, buggy mess with inconsistent customer support.  I would imagine that much of the imbalance is a product of its great ambition.  My intuitions tell me that the current way that Ark is played is much different from how the developers intended, where the exploits and imbalance have directed the way the game is played most of the time.  It has bugs that I think are worthy of quitting over, but the things that Ark gets right keeps me playing and I enjoy it a great deal.  I think Ark could be the best game created if it worked as intended: it is a little sad that it does not.

Archived