Just curious, any chance to refund Genesis?

Cryolite

Not gonna lie

Island is plain boring
Scorched Earth is still not finished
Aberration is fine
Extinction is fine

but Genesis Part 1... this thing is more bugged than Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4 in release day. This is very high standard to beat and Wildcards managed to do this. 

- Dino spawning in mesh - searching for gasbags in Lunar is plain impossible, I have seen several with head sticking out of wall or legs out of cave ceiling, not only that, TONS of dinos being stuck in mesh and impossible to tame, including Astrocetus being stuck inside small rock

- Ferox is just abomination with amount of bugs, it is waste of time to list them

- Bloodstalker like above - full of bugs

- Magmasaur cave tend to infinite spawn, we had to restart sever several times and it fixed "itself" at some point

- Insect swarm often without any hitbox, cannot hit with rex, need to take giga to kill damn bugs (wildcard[tm] intended overkill)

- Mission scaling is not balanced at all

- Lunar meteors can hit you inside cave for whatever reason

- Ocean is disconnect galore

- Dinos spawning inside bases

Pretty much completely unfinished and bugged product. I am not happy with this and right now, after some time playing it, refund is only thing what I think about. I have ZERO hopes for Gen 2 being even playable. 

I am even curious if I could use EU Customer Rights to force this refund because ends up, I bought unfinished product which is FAR from advertised. 

Island being boring. Its the origional map and yet my second favourite. Its so beautifully simple and easy to build on and the best thing about it is how quick you can get around the map. I Would argue scorched earth is the most boring map and least player friendly for resources. Aberration is a diamond in the dirt once your used to it. Extinction has its uses. Genesis has bugs, absolutely but no more than other maps. Dinos spawn in the mesh on every map. I've had issues with feroxs dying to anti-mesh while turning small. Not had issues with bloodstalkers. Some missions are stupid hard but they're rewarding anyway so i wouldn't have an issue. Dinos spawning in bases happens on every map, depending where you build. The other stuff i can't comment on. Im going to speak generally here and say ark itself is an unfinished product and should still have the 'game preview' title, i wouldn't put the blame on one specific map. As for your refund, i have no idea

38 minutes ago, ITameDodos said:

Island being boring. Its the origional map and yet my second favourite. Its so beautifully simple and easy to build on and the best thing about it is how quick you can get around the map. I Would argue scorched earth is the most boring map and least player friendly for resources. Aberration is a diamond in the dirt once your used to it. Extinction has its uses. Genesis has bugs, absolutely but no more than other maps. Dinos spawn in the mesh on every map. I've had issues with feroxs dying to anti-mesh while turning small. Not had issues with bloodstalkers. Some missions are stupid hard but they're rewarding anyway so i wouldn't have an issue. Dinos spawning in bases happens on every map, depending where you build. The other stuff i can't comment on. Im going to speak generally here and say ark itself is an unfinished product and should still have the 'game preview' title, i wouldn't put the blame on one specific map. As for your refund, i have no idea

In term of possible content to do, Island doesn't have any special one, the best one is probably Extinction in this case. 

I know that dinos spawn in mesh in every map, however, amount of dinos spawned in mesh on genesis easily overwhelm all other maps together. 

Ferox is bugged to the edge, starting from stats STILL reseting, I have one breeded who I had throw away because at almost max level, after one transformation it reverted all stats to basic without chance to add them later on. How about inventory bug which is pretty daily basis? Just today - want to do mission, taking out ferox from pod, transforming - inventory bugged, cryo it again, same process... same crap. Had to do this 4 times to unbug inventory. Same story with one which I keep on my shoulder and never cryo. All bugs reported almost year ago, not a single one fixed, especially inventory one which makes ferox unplayable. 

Amount of times where bloodstalker just started swimming in ocean despite floating mode, not using oxygene at all but also dismounting made it impossible to mount again, and "standing" in one place is same - massive. 

Honestly, I never had so much issues on any map, that I have right now on Genesis. This DLC should never be paid, period. 

On 1/4/2021 at 8:14 PM, Cryolite said:

- Dino spawning in mesh - searching for gasbags in Lunar is plain impossible, I have seen several with head sticking out of wall or legs out of cave ceiling, not only that, TONS of dinos being stuck in mesh and impossible to tame, including Astrocetus being stuck inside small rock

- Ferox is just abomination with amount of bugs, it is waste of time to list them

- Bloodstalker like above - full of bugs

- Magmasaur cave tend to infinite spawn, we had to restart sever several times and it fixed "itself" at some point

- Insect swarm often without any hitbox, cannot hit with rex, need to take giga to kill damn bugs (wildcard[tm] intended overkill)

- Mission scaling is not balanced at all

- Lunar meteors can hit you inside cave for whatever reason

- Ocean is disconnect galore

- Dinos spawning inside bases

Let me guess, you experienced each of these bugs personally?

Or did you experience like two of them, read forum stories about the other seven, and then compile this list?

I've used a bloodstalker quite a bit. I never experienced a bug with that creature. If by bug you mean things like if you attatch your webs to something and then something else comes between you and the webs, you get blocked, and other things like that, those aren't bugs. Curious to hear which bugs you know of relating to the Bloodstalker.

Magmasaur cave is supposed to have infinite spawns. It's so you can't just clear it and go grab all the egss down there. Not a bug. You can of course disagree with the design choice, but that's what it is.

Insect Swarms always have hitboxes. What you mean, is that the visual of the swarm doesn't correspond with where you think the hitbox should logically have been. That's not a bug, that's a subjective I-don't-even-know-what-to-call-it. It hardly even qualifies as an "opinion". It's a brainfart.

How is mission scaling not balanced? Who are you that has such a deep knowledge of the intended mechanics of the end-game to say and know such a thing? Can you show a balance curve? Bring out some numbers. What are your calculations of what it should be? People are clearing alpha missions. What you mean to say is, you disagree with the difficulty curve of the map, you would have rather it was easier to do the most difficult missions. You think you should be able to complete the map within a few weeks, maybe. That's not a bug, that's another personal, subjective preference. I and many other players disagree with that game-of-the-month gamer attitude. If you plow through games all year long that may be the kind of game you would want, but that's not the kind of game Ark is. Already the way you're presenting your side of the case seems fishy as a raptor with gills. You're basing your opinion half on things you construe to be bugs, but are in fact not that. You sound more bitter than honestly disappointed.

I'm often in the Lunar, I've never been hit by meteors in caves. Assuming that's not another thing you arbitrarily tacked on the list to strengthen your case, I have not seen other recounts of this bug either. What, did one person mention it in one thread somewhere on page six of the forum? This is not a thing, or if it is, it's so rare it shouldn't really affect you.

Ocean is fine for me. Doesn't lag. On an i7-6700 with GTX970. Check your PC. And by that I don't mean to just look at the system requirements of the game and the specs of your system and decide if they are in concurrence. Maybe something about your motherboard is causing your FX processor to somehow perform suboptimally. Maybe your ISP has something that's causing the complication in their internal network, way outside what you can troubleshoot personally. Maybe your internet connection is just bad. Maybe your router is bad. Maybe your wifi or ethernet adapter is bad. Maybe the ethernet chipset on your motherboard is bad. Maybe they're not "bad" in the sense that they don't work, but that the devil is in the details, and some technical setting or property somewhere in the line is causing problems for you. And others. So while your PC might be fine, and seem fine, maybe it's still your PC that's causing that specific problem with the crashes. Or your internet connection. There's like a gazillion technical things that could explain why some users have trouble with it and others don't, but I honestly am running a years old system with an even older, low-tier GPU, and it _never_ crashes for me. Not when I log in, not when I teleport, not when I stay on the map in the ocean biome for two hours straight. Never. So that means there is no bug with the map per se, and the explanation has to be something else.

There's like two legitimate bugs listed here. What you really want, is to incite people. Don't lie about your intentions and say all you want is a refund. That's not all you asked for, you talked about a bunch of other poop, THEN underscored your point by asking for a refund. What you actually really want, or wish for I should say, is to start the Anti-WC movement. What you seemingly don't understand, is that tens of thousands of us have been putting up with this for half a decade now. Do you fully understand what that implies? It implies that there are people out there who are perfectly fine with paying money for a game that isn't optimally polished, as long as the gameplay speaks to them. Such as Ark. Your outlook sounds so negative and hateful. What are you expecting, for Wildcard to finally realize from your words that this is what they should have done all along, and then finally just do it now, once and for all, in the name of true justice? Why are you arguing the reasons for why you want a refund in an open thread where you're basically asking what the chances are of actually getting a refund? Why support a game company if you don't like their games? Do you buy albums from music artists whose music you don't like, and then complain on the artists' forums that they should make different music, more like the Billboard stuff? Just let it go for your own sake and move on in life...

On 1/7/2021 at 1:36 AM, Fresiki said:

Or did you experience like two of them, read forum stories about the other seven, and then compile this list?

I've used a bloodstalker quite a bit. I never experienced a bug with that creature. If by bug you mean things like if you attatch your webs to something and then something else comes between you and the webs, you get blocked, and other things like that, those aren't bugs. Curious to hear which bugs you know of relating to the Bloodstalker.

Magmasaur cave is supposed to have infinite spawns. It's so you can't just clear it and go grab all the egss down there. Not a bug. You can of course disagree with the design choice, but that's what it is.

Insect Swarms always have hitboxes. What you mean, is that the visual of the swarm doesn't correspond with where you think the hitbox should logically have been. That's not a bug, that's a subjective I-don't-even-know-what-to-call-it. It hardly even qualifies as an "opinion". It's a brainfart.

How is mission scaling not balanced? Who are you that has such a deep knowledge of the intended mechanics of the end-game to say and know such a thing? Can you show a balance curve? Bring out some numbers. What are your calculations of what it should be? People are clearing alpha missions. What you mean to say is, you disagree with the difficulty curve of the map, you would have rather it was easier to do the most difficult missions. You think you should be able to complete the map within a few weeks, maybe. That's not a bug, that's another personal, subjective preference. I and many other players disagree with that game-of-the-month gamer attitude. If you plow through games all year long that may be the kind of game you would want, but that's not the kind of game Ark is. Already the way you're presenting your side of the case seems fishy as a raptor with gills. You're basing your opinion half on things you construe to be bugs, but are in fact not that. You sound more bitter than honestly disappointed.

I'm often in the Lunar, I've never been hit by meteors in caves. Assuming that's not another thing you arbitrarily tacked on the list to strengthen your case, I have not seen other recounts of this bug either. What, did one person mention it in one thread somewhere on page six of the forum? This is not a thing, or if it is, it's so rare it shouldn't really affect you.

Ocean is fine for me. Doesn't lag. On an i7-6700 with GTX970. Check your PC. And by that I don't mean to just look at the system requirements of the game and the specs of your system and decide if they are in concurrence. Maybe something about your motherboard is causing your FX processor to somehow perform suboptimally. Maybe your ISP has something that's causing the complication in their internal network, way outside what you can troubleshoot personally. Maybe your internet connection is just bad. Maybe your router is bad. Maybe your wifi or ethernet adapter is bad. Maybe the ethernet chipset on your motherboard is bad. Maybe they're not "bad" in the sense that they don't work, but that the devil is in the details, and some technical setting or property somewhere in the line is causing problems for you. And others. So while your PC might be fine, and seem fine, maybe it's still your PC that's causing that specific problem with the crashes. Or your internet connection. There's like a gazillion technical things that could explain why some users have trouble with it and others don't, but I honestly am running a years old system with an even older, low-tier GPU, and it _never_ crashes for me. Not when I log in, not when I teleport, not when I stay on the map in the ocean biome for two hours straight. Never. So that means there is no bug with the map per se, and the explanation has to be something else.

There's like two legitimate bugs listed here. What you really want, is to incite people. Don't lie about your intentions and say all you want is a refund. That's not all you asked for, you talked about a bunch of other poop, THEN underscored your point by asking for a refund. What you actually really want, or wish for I should say, is to start the Anti-WC movement. What you seemingly don't understand, is that tens of thousands of us have been putting up with this for half a decade now. Do you fully understand what that implies? It implies that there are people out there who are perfectly fine with paying money for a game that isn't optimally polished, as long as the gameplay speaks to them. Such as Ark. Your outlook sounds so negative and hateful. What are you expecting, for Wildcard to finally realize from your words that this is what they should have done all along, and then finally just do it now, once and for all, in the name of true justice? Why are you arguing the reasons for why you want a refund in an open thread where you're basically asking what the chances are of actually getting a refund? Why support a game company if you don't like their games? Do you buy albums from music artists whose music you don't like, and then complain on the artists' forums that they should make different music, more like the Billboard stuff? Just let it go for your own sake and move on in life...

Long story short - experienced all bugs myself. I am really not in a mood to go back to Genesis and at least make videos of all this bugs (because Wildcards who had balls to call people "cheap" because nobody wanted to pay for unfinished Sco-E doesn't care at all). I am back on aberration/extinction which are WAY more polished and have way less gamebreaking bugs than Genesis in single biome.

On 1/6/2021 at 7:36 PM, Fresiki said:

I agree with most of what you are saying here but I will say that for a while bloodstalkers were acting funky with the webbing not cutting, or when you do cut it it would instantly grab another spot causing me many problems for a while. I would have to cryo and release it to get it working normally again, not game breaking but annoying yet I havent had that problem as much recently but I havent been using them as much more recently anyway.

Meteors hitting things in caves has sort of happened to me a couple times. I like to bring a bronto to the lunar zone to farm sometimes, I stay near a cave entrance to go hide when meteors start as Ive lost many brontos up there to meteors. Well twice I had gotten the bronto far enough into the cave that it was completely inside the cave including its tail by atleast 10 feet and yet a meteor hits right outside the cave entrance and boom my bronto is dead. I am not a fan of meteors in anyway as they seem to do way to much damage and feel like an insta kill mechanic. I have seen videos of peoples gigas not dying but instead enraging from the meteors on lunar zone but when it has come to brontos or any other dino I have been on and hit by the meteor, they die I die and its very sad. At least with the lava eruption, I have been killed off the back of ankys or gas bags etc but the dino never dies, I just want the lunar meteors to not kill my dinos in 1 hit like that cause with a slow dinos like a bronto, getting away and to cover quick enough is fairly difficult considering the meteors target you.

On 1/12/2021 at 11:50 AM, Piffguru said:

I agree with most of what you are saying here but I will say that for a while bloodstalkers were acting funky with the webbing not cutting, or when you do cut it it would instantly grab another spot causing me many problems for a while. I would have to cryo and release it to get it working normally again, not game breaking but annoying yet I havent had that problem as much recently but I havent been using them as much more recently anyway.

Meteors hitting things in caves has sort of happened to me a couple times. I like to bring a bronto to the lunar zone to farm sometimes, I stay near a cave entrance to go hide when meteors start as Ive lost many brontos up there to meteors. Well twice I had gotten the bronto far enough into the cave that it was completely inside the cave including its tail by atleast 10 feet and yet a meteor hits right outside the cave entrance and boom my bronto is dead. I am not a fan of meteors in anyway as they seem to do way to much damage and feel like an insta kill mechanic. I have seen videos of peoples gigas not dying but instead enraging from the meteors on lunar zone but when it has come to brontos or any other dino I have been on and hit by the meteor, they die I die and its very sad. At least with the lava eruption, I have been killed off the back of ankys or gas bags etc but the dino never dies, I just want the lunar meteors to not kill my dinos in 1 hit like that cause with a slow dinos like a bronto, getting away and to cover quick enough is fairly difficult considering the meteors target you.

Bloodstalkers have been buggy and laggy from day 1 on playstation. 

When taming they web you from 100 miles away and let you go without you pressing anything to initiate an escape. Then at times they wont grab you from 10 feet away and when they finally do they still let you go. It's a complete crap shoot. 

Their movement is some of the worst in the game when it comes to rubber banding. You constantly get skipped back to where you start when double jumping, especially when traveling over water.

Also when you jump from high up and land on the water they will plunge way down into the water then after a few seconds they all of a sudden snap back to standing on the surface of the water.

Still my favorite creature in the entire game but they're buggy unreliable trash.

1 hour ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Bloodstalkers have been buggy and laggy from day 1 on playstation. 

When taming they web you from 100 miles away and let you go without you pressing anything to initiate an escape. Then at times they wont grab you from 10 feet away and when they finally do they still let you go. It's a complete crap shoot. 

Their movement is some of the worst in the game when it comes to rubber banding. You constantly get skipped back to where you start when double jumping, especially when traveling over water.

Also when you jump from high up and land on the water they will plunge way down into the water then after a few seconds they all of a sudden snap back to standing on the surface of the water.

Still my favorite creature in the entire game but they're buggy unreliable trash.

Yea I agree with these statements also, I havent tamed any stalkers in a while but there was a time when they were dropping me a bunch or also not grabbing me from 2 feet away but those things werent a deal breaker for me. Just keep parachutes on me when Im taming them and try again, after 2-3 tries they would successfully pull me in.

The rubberbanding and issues with the double jumping is also accurate, this still happens to me sometimes too. I just hope a next gen console will fix that a bit but since its still impossible for me to find one to purchase im still SOL.

The falling under water thing hasnt happened to me unless I was in the swimming mode but that could be a PS issue as Im on xbox.

1 hour ago, Piffguru said:

Yea I agree with these statements also, I havent tamed any stalkers in a while but there was a time when they were dropping me a bunch or also not grabbing me from 2 feet away but those things werent a deal breaker for me. Just keep parachutes on me when Im taming them and try again, after 2-3 tries they would successfully pull me in.

The rubberbanding and issues with the double jumping is also accurate, this still happens to me sometimes too. I just hope a next gen console will fix that a bit but since its still impossible for me to find one to purchase im still SOL.

The falling under water thing hasnt happened to me unless I was in the swimming mode but that could be a PS issue as Im on xbox.

Ps5 doesnt do anything to fix ark. I have one. It still lags, rubberbands, textures pop in and the crashing has actually gotten worse.

With all these games getting such a boost on ps5 (including dayz which was a mess before on ps4 and runs MUCH better on ps5), yet ark remaining...well... ark, it should tell you just how bad the code/state of the game is.

Now there are times where you get a nice stable 60 fps and the resolution does seem improved, but overall I'm very disappointed how bad it still runs especially after experiencing the night and day performance changes of dayz.

1 hour ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Ps5 doesnt do anything to fix ark. I have one. It still lags, rubberbands, textures pop in and the crashing has actually gotten worse.

With all these games getting such a boost on ps5 (including dayz which was a mess before on ps4 and runs MUCH better on ps5), yet ark remaining...well... ark, it should tell you just how bad the code/state of the game is.

Now there are times where you get a nice stable 60 fps and the resolution does seem improved, but overall I'm very disappointed how bad it still runs especially after experiencing the night and day performance changes of dayz.

Thats sad to hear tbh, I was hoping for some more improvements as pc version of the game operates far superior to console versions and by extention a better console with far better specs than last gen and more comperable to a pc's specs should be able to "fix" certain issues I deal with on a day to day basis. I was hoping to be able to finally actually beat the alpha versions of the race missions such as the bloodstalker one in the bog, as it is right now, I will move so fast that it lags for 2 seconds and all of a sudden im on the floor instead of swinging and at that point i have zero chance of completing it. Same reason why I dont use manas, it bursts too fast and the game cant keep up resulting in a terrible experience. My tribemate spent over 1.5 hours today just trying to log in to a server with 1 person online.. that shouldnt be a thing.. ever.

55 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

Thats sad to hear tbh, I was hoping for some more improvements as pc version of the game operates far superior to console versions and by extention a better console with far better specs than last gen and more comperable to a pc's specs should be able to "fix" certain issues I deal with on a day to day basis. I was hoping to be able to finally actually beat the alpha versions of the race missions such as the bloodstalker one in the bog, as it is right now, I will move so fast that it lags for 2 seconds and all of a sudden im on the floor instead of swinging and at that point i have zero chance of completing it. Same reason why I dont use manas, it bursts too fast and the game cant keep up resulting in a terrible experience. My tribemate spent over 1.5 hours today just trying to log in to a server with 1 person online.. that shouldnt be a thing.. ever.

Oh no chance on the races. I do the manta one all the time when I need points to buy stuff and it still lags just as horribly as it always did. There's basically no difference. 

Dont know if its a PS thing or what as I haven't played any series X but I seriously doubt it because of what I mentioned before about every other game getting a boost except ark.

I'd love to hear the experiences of any other PS5ers out there just to confirm what I'm seeing. Actually I might make a thread about it.

Archived