Lost full Mc and Jm Riot ect

I was just making some videos of how much I love ark and all my accomplishments when I accidently fall off a cliff (based on a cliff). No biggie right? Plenty of beds around, own this whole area so no one passing by, but wait my body is missing?!?! Watch the video again and low and behold my body shot straight through the map. For the third time I've lost everything. This time I just so happened to lose full Mc or Jm riot gear Mc hatchet and pick, Mc sword and so on. So done with this game. I could understand if I lost this stuff some how but no I died AT MY BASE and still lost eveything. Isn't the first time either. It's like Ark doesn't want me to play. This event will surely keep me away a good while. Stay salty 170. 

• Volunteer Moderator

that's a bummer--hate hearing stuff like this. i would swear sometimes Ark is trolling me too, due to how well the game plays, i forget occasionally that its still an EA title, and has bugs and issues that are yet to be ironed out. hopefully when you decide to give it another go some of those issues will be fixed and things will be less frustrating. till then we'll leave the dino's on for ya!

sincerely sorry bout the gear:(

1 hour ago, TheGalaxyReaper said:

I was just making some videos of how much I love ark and all my accomplishments when I accidently fall off a cliff (based on a cliff). No biggie right? Plenty of beds around, own this whole area so no one passing by, but wait my body is missing?!?! Watch the video again and low and behold my body shot straight through the map. For the third time I've lost everything. This time I just so happened to lose full Mc or Jm riot gear Mc hatchet and pick, Mc sword and so on. So done with this game. I could understand if I lost this stuff some how but no I died AT MY BASE and still lost eveything. Isn't the first time either. It's like Ark doesn't want me to play. This event will surely keep me away a good while. Stay salty 170. 

That's all you've lost? Pashaw I've lost sooo Many pretty gold named gear I didn't even go outside with that high of a  quality stuff anymore..  Seriously at least 4 MC crossbow a complete set of journeyman fur armor made from blueprints (mucho $)  Then there's the Journeyman sniper and apprentice armor I lost..  and the...  and  the.. oh and the complete set of..  

pretty much anything I have anytime I die . LOL   ultimately  I learned from my mistakes  and never take my good gear out anymore..

mostly my apprentice and journeyman stuff has so many equals it's no longer an issue losing them..   You said for the third time you lost everything.. well I think in total I've lost everything after death at least 20 times.   So I just got smarter and reduced my losses by not having good stuff to lose..  I still play and have sent a report with the location of my fall through to the devs..  you should do the same..   The map is soft for dead bodies and if you're giggling after you die 100% you fall through the map..  Account for this..  it's a great game and has quirks . But I'm not perfect so why should the game I love be any better ..  ;-) keep at it, it will improve over time.  

5 hours ago, TheGalaxyReaper said:

I'm merging to 170, can I have the rest of your things?

5 hours ago, Rippy said:

That is the problem with your logic @TheGalaxyReaper, it was never your gear, it belonged to the Ark. Everything belongs to the Ark, and one day will be returned to the Ark. Everything is temporary in the Ark. If you deluded yourself, then maybe it is time to take a break and realize these facts :)

And that is why, after a really productive and good session on Ark I always make sure to tame and then kill at least one parasaur and leave the body to decompose as an offering to the Ark Gods. The Ark giveth and the Ark taketh away

8 hours ago, Rippy said:

That is the problem with your logic @TheGalaxyReaper, it was never your gear, it belonged to the Ark. Everything belongs to the Ark, and one day will be returned to the Ark. Everything is temporary in the Ark. If you deluded yourself, then maybe it is time to take a break and realize these facts :)

And the ARK takes away stuff in the most ridiculous ways.

3 hours ago, Kvedulf said:

And that is why, after a really productive and good session on Ark I always make sure to tame and then kill at least one parasaur and leave the body to decompose as an offering to the Ark Gods. The Ark giveth and the Ark taketh away

Yes, I always look up on the arkest of nights (get it? Its like darkest), and praise the obelisk lords. 

2 minutes ago, TheSangheiliGeek said:

And the ARK takes away stuff in the most ridiculous ways.

You are playing by Ark's rules, they are not rediculous, they are different to what you desire.

@Trentifus

11 hours ago, ThzNutz said:

that's a bummer--hate hearing stuff like this. i would swear sometimes Ark is trolling me too, due to how well the game plays, i forget occasionally that its still an EA title, and has bugs and issues that are yet to be ironed out. hopefully when you decide to give it another go some of those issues will be fixed and things will be less frustrating. till then we'll leave the dino's on for ya!

sincerely sorry bout the gear:(

For the love of all things that are holy please edit your post to not say EA title. I had a minor panic attack and actually went to look and see if EA bought up Ark on us. Early Access please !O.o:Torpor:

get the death helper mod, used to be called joans death helped but now called something else - it can actually pull your dead body up from out of the ground!!!

i lost my stuff through the floor a few times, installed this mod, never had that problem again.

also the beacon it creates to show where your body is can be useful, but i don't care for it, the corpse retrieval is the most important aspect to me.

It's not that I was attached to my stuff, okay I was, but having to grind back out mats to replace or replace via sea drops/alphas just sucks. :P Not counting the time I spent dyeing everything literally five minutes before so I could look good in the video! Haha I actually ended up going right back because you are all right "Live by the Ark, die by the Ark". It took it sacrifice and we ended up getting a male 120 beaver then a male 120 paracer! Also made a ascendant compound bow and reconnecting with a favorite tribe of ours that'd been gone for a while. The death helper mod seems great but as @[EG] Comdriver W31stated I'm on an official server. I appreciate the advice and sentiment from everyone though!

My ascendant riot and fur stuff is in my vault, because I'm too afraid to use them. If I die because somethign kills me, fine. I'm not afraid of that. But fallign through the world? happened to my friends and almost every player at least once. That's what I'm afraid of.
So I will let my ascendant stuff gather the dust for a little longer, till they fix this major glitch (...they should do instead of adding anything not-important tho) - if they fix it even.

On 5/6/2016 at 5:35 AM, Rippy said:

I find it funny that you think it was your decision to return to the ark, after your personal misfortune @TheGalaxyReaper. The Ark made that decision for you a long time prior to this occurance #arkgods

Thank you @Rippy, First of his name, leader of the tribe, Jesus of ARK, tamer of dinos, self-proclaimed voice of the people.

Archived