Useless/stupid/funny things you would like to see in ARK 2

AUTO6

There are many things people would like to see in ARK 2 but what about useless, stupid or funny things which could make ARK 2 better for you?

This is my list:

1. Advanced defecating system and more realistic faeces - If you played SCUM you know what I'm talking about. It would be more realistic and funny to experience diarrhea especially when running away. Also dino faeces should be more diverse, not only small, medium or large brown balls.

2. Realistic creature procreation - Probably most of us want wild baby dinos and more wild creatures nests (like we have for wyverns) - we have mods for this for ARK 1. But to make it more realistic we also need realistic creature procreation animations (for wild and tamed creatures we want to mate).

3. More advanced character creator with more options and possibility of taking a face scan so everyone could create unique and even uglier character than in ARK 1

Any more ideas?

Facial scans have been attempted by several studios over the years with terrible results each time. I remember when SOE were so hyped to announce they wasted millions in development for a feature that was never used in Everquest.

I'd rather see some actual stuff done right than wasting time on such pointless crap (face scan).

The ability to taxidermy human players too like we can taxidermy animals. Could work nicely towards creating monuments of tribe members etc.

Also the ability to taxidermy players mounted on their tames , people could create monuments of themselves with their best or fallen tames.

Being able to construct fountains for aesthetic reasons.

Being able to construct pools or big aquariums on land that could contain marine animals . Could work like when placing a platform , if terraforming is not possible than they could be build above ground level like a whole unit and than maybe construct ladders or stair to climb  up and see your tames or simply build it on lower ground than your current buildings are.

Atlas Style diplomacy, alliance and tax system , could protect smaller tribes if they are under the umbrella of a bigger group with interest of protecting them. This will help beginner tribes to have a longer life and  also add more interection between tribes in PvP. Brings more tribe politics into the game that in turn makes it feel even more alive.

7 hours ago, Wolverinee said:

The ability to taxidermy human players too like we can taxidermy animals. Could work nicely towards creating monuments of tribe members etc.

Also the ability to taxidermy players mounted on their tames , people could create monuments of themselves with their best or fallen tames.

Being able to construct fountains for aesthetic reasons.

Being able to construct pools or big aquariums on land that could contain marine animals . Could work like when placing a platform , if terraforming is not possible than they could be build above ground level like a whole unit and than maybe construct ladders or stair to climb  up and see your tames or simply build it on lower ground than your current buildings are.

Atlas Style diplomacy, alliance and tax system , could protect smaller tribes if they are under the umbrella of a bigger group with interest of protecting them. This will help beginner tribes to have a longer life and  also add more interection between tribes in PvP. Brings more tribe politics into the game that in turn makes it feel even more alive.

And to simply place a stone texture on a taxidermy would be cool, so they were stone statues, also, yes ️ fountains as for the pools aquarium, unless they were set sizes and not building pieces, I’m sure there’d be tooons of bugs and problems, personly I don’t want terraforming for many many reasons. 
For atlas, I don’t like their building  system, and I wouldn’t appreciate tax, but improved tribe system and building snap points are desirable.  Also this is getting off topic, we should be talking about goofy stuff..

On 1/7/2021 at 9:54 AM, Wolverinee said:

I think a cool variation is a statue base - if you put a fallen tribe members engram in it along with the appropriate stone resources, it makes a statue of them to pay tribute.

Archived