Caving creters

square5355

Thylacoleo are excelent cave mounts, they are powerful, and fit in most caves. Giant sloths get a huge buff from the insects and can be more powerful, but they also get stuck in the tight spots. Dinonychus and direwolfs can also be prty mean but maybe not as powerful, also dinons get overburdened due to low weight capacity. I think some people prefer baryonix but I dont have them and never used em in cavin. Gl and happy arking!

On 1/3/2021 at 3:33 PM, square5355 said:

Just started caving I’m useing enforcer r n wanted to know what best creter to use is

thylo is my main go to. The ability to climb is highly OP, but Iv been thinking about tying to use meglosauras....best DPS of the game, better than rex and theri....however its not necessary for the caves Iv hit so far.

Personally it all depends on the cave I'm running. Swamp cave is a high level frog with a high level saddle with an unpodded Megatherium running backup. Hard ice cave is a Yutty to scare the purlovias out of the ground. Deep Water caves is a Basil. Then if I know there are water sections in a cave I will bring a Bary, if there is no water then Thya is the way to go.

Megatherium in swamp cave, couple of tight spots where you have to pod but it wrecks everything in there and protects you from athro spit

Bary in upper south, there's some tight sections where a thyla won't fit so I always use a bary, helps with the water section if you want to go that way instead of grappling up to the artifact room as well

Podded yuty or rex for the ice cave

Basilos for the water caves

Thyla for all others, need to pod it for central and south east caves

North west cave (skylord) is easy on foot once you know the layout, use bug repellent and you won't have any problems but take a compound bow/shotty for just in case and maybe a few grappling hooks as well, if you play single player don't bother as the artifact doesn't spawn (might be wrong but guessing they never fixed it?)

Archived