New Years Event not working?

ARKinadium

1 hour ago, dtmaster79 said:

Is that so hard to understand? Both timers must be entered on the server in the start.bat and -NewYearEvent. NOT -activeevent. Do you even read the patch notes?

Did you get it to work on single player then? Got several dozen people I know of who haven't been able to trigger it, would love to hear how you did it. And yes, we all read the patch notes to no avail.

7 hours ago, dtmaster79 said:

Is that so hard to understand? Both timers must be entered on the server in the start.bat and -NewYearEvent. NOT -activeevent. Do you even read the patch notes?

Listen here, I have been doing this stuff since Ark was released, and I have entered the information correctly in the commandline as suggested. If you don't have any helpful advice go away!

19 hours ago, ARKinadium said:

Anyone else have problems with the event never firing despite being activated via the -activeevent command as listed in the pc patch notes?

I am not sure if this helps or not, but I rolled back my servers and started them up again and it worked for me.

All I can advise, is to make sure that you have something like this in your command file (AKA bat)

-ActiveEvent=WinterWonderland -NewYearEvent

as for the time event codes, I made sure they were at the end of the other ? list of commands.

?NewYear1UTC=1609552800?NewYear2UTC=1609639200

And make sure you use the converter to use local times, to the time you wish to start the event.

The values I used above were test values on a test server, and I got it to work by rolling back the server and then running the command file with the above information.

I hope that helps!

I don't have the active event = winter wonderland in the row on my cluster .. You don't need that while the event is active .. Usually only when the event is officially over .. At least it was the last events like this .. with me the line like this and worked very well without resetting the server etc .. here for example by ScorchedEarth ..

start ShooterGameServer.exe "ScorchedEarth_P?SessionName=ARK StoryLine ScorchedEarth GE Chronic. TS: WPG?QueryPort=27015?RCONPort=27020?Port=7777?MapPlayerLocation=True?PreventTribeAlliances=False?AllowFlyingStaminaRecovery=True?MaxPersonalTamedDinos=600?PersonalTamedDinosSaddleStructureCost=1?MaxPlayers=60?PreventSpawnAnimations=true?ForceAllStructureLocking=true?listen?NewYear1UTC=1609524900?NewYear2UTC=1609528500 -NewYearEvent -NoTransferFromFiltering -automanagedmods -exclusivejoin -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -culture=de -server -clusterid=wpg -ClusterDirOverride=E:/clusters"
exit

26 minutes ago, dtmaster79 said:

I don't have the active event = winter wonderland in the row on my cluster .. You don't need that while the event is active .. Usually only when the event is officially over .. At least it was the last events like this .. with me the line like this and worked very well without resetting the server etc .. here for example by ScorchedEarth ..

start ShooterGameServer.exe "ScorchedEarth_P?SessionName=ARK StoryLine ScorchedEarth GE Chronic. TS: WPG?QueryPort=27015?RCONPort=27020?Port=7777?MapPlayerLocation=True?PreventTribeAlliances=False?AllowFlyingStaminaRecovery=True?MaxPersonalTamedDinos=600?PersonalTamedDinosSaddleStructureCost=1?MaxPlayers=60?PreventSpawnAnimations=true?ForceAllStructureLocking=true?listen?NewYear1UTC=1609524900?NewYear2UTC=1609528500 -NewYearEvent -NoTransferFromFiltering -automanagedmods -exclusivejoin -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -culture=de -server -clusterid=wpg -ClusterDirOverride=E:/clusters"
exit

Unlike you, I do it, because I run my events longer than the official ones run for!

And I did it to show the Original Author, in case he may have had the new year event as the active event!

Archived