New Years Event Locations?

Absynthe

Happy New Years to all! 

I'm making this thread to see if anyone is as curious as I am about the event coming at midnight EST. I've gotten a server message while on Genesis so far, giving the coordinate locations for where the new years event drops will fall.

I'm wondering how the coordinates differ for each map/server! Are they the same map-wide? Different for each server?

If anyone has any info on other maps/servers drop locations, feel free to reply here for all to see. If you want to start a thread with locations on each map, just reply below with the co-ords and map name!

So far I've gotten:
68.99, 21.58 (Genesis)

5 minutes ago, WaightZer said:

Well I hope this event is a New Year Surprise event and pleasing for players.

Not a new year killing frenzy.

I imagine it's going to be a little bit toxic since it's all in one spot at one time on each map... That's why I'm trying to provide the locations for everyone, at least everyone will have that equal chance with the information

5 hours ago, Darge said:

on Ragnarok its in the middle of the murder snow....   I have mastercraft fur and still freeze there....  not happy.... new players need not attend....

We're quite new players on our server, no mastercrafted fur anywhere to be found as of yet.

Even worse, we have the ice wyvern bug with uncounted dozens of them either on that drop point or so close that I don't what to find out if they're far enough away. 

A true non-event for our server. They Devs don't care much for new players it seems.

32 minutes ago, Fox1 said:

We're quite new players on our server, no mastercrafted fur anywhere to be found as of yet.

Even worse, we have the ice wyvern bug with uncounted dozens of them either on that drop point or so close that I don't what to find out if they're far enough away. 

A true non-event for our server. They Devs don't care much for new players it seems.

Thats ok I died and someone stole my whole invtory all my armor my chibi and a few tames I had like how low can people be 

10 hours ago, Absynthe said:

Happy New Years to all! 

I'm making this thread to see if anyone is as curious as I am about the event coming at midnight EST. I've gotten a server message while on Genesis so far, giving the coordinate locations for where the new years event drops will fall.

I'm wondering how the coordinates differ for each map/server! Are they the same map-wide? Different for each server?

If anyone has any info on other maps/servers drop locations, feel free to reply here for all to see. If you want to start a thread with locations on each map, just reply below with the co-ords and map name!

So far I've gotten:
68.99, 21.58 (Genesis)

Do they do lat or lon first

68.99, 21.58 -- Genesis
41, 56 -- Ragnarok
21.74, 83.11 -- Extinction
42.75, 30.58 -- Aberration
24.54 19.63 -- Valguero
22.35 56.22 -- Crystal Isles
28, 39 -- Island
84, 14 -- Scorched Earth
34.83 12.54 -- Center

The event should happen one more time at the same locations in just under an hour from now. It's 11:21 AM EST. The event is supposed to run again at 12pm EST. Although, the main screen is this:
image.png.0f08065b39b44648b16f24010f83b2fa.png

Yes it is very toxic and unfortunately there are trolls... But that is a part of the ark community. I think the Dev's should have maybe made the presents a little bit more spread out, but I'm sure there's a reason they didn't. Maybe performance issues. 

Well not unlike many other WC events, the NY event was a cool idea but terribly executed. 

Went to check out the noon drops and 15 mins prior there were already 2 manas, a dragon, and a handful of turrets present to seal off the area because you guys thought it was a great idea to broadcast predetermined drop locations. 

Should have been a multitude of presents dropping simultaneously with no prior hints to their whereabouts. Would have given everyone a fair shot but I guess we'll add this event into the fail pile with most of the others.

• 11 months later...

Archived