unofficial pc Solved! How to set the New years event parameters correct?

Allanballan

So I have a server that I want to run the New Years Event on. I have activated the event by setting the commandline parameter -NewYearEvent.

I then want to set the timestamps to January 1st 14.00 GMT and January 2 14.00 GMT. As I understand these parameter shall also be in the servers commandline like this:

?NewYear1UTC=1609509600

?NewYear1UTC=1609596000

So to my questions:

1. When I put these setting in the commandline shall the to begin with a - ? Like this: -?NewYear1UTC=1609509600

2. When I add parameters to my commandline shall there be a space between the different parameters I have there? Example: -NoTransferFromFiltering -NewYearEvent

• Allanballan changed the title to Solved! How to set the New years event parameters correct?

Hey Allanballan, can you paste in the full command line?
I've got my -ActiveEvent=NewYearEvent
and also my ?NewYear1UTCepochtime listed with the rest of the server args, but it still isnt working.

Thanks!
Full command line I have: (ip and ports omitted for security)
C:\Ark\Servers\Ragnarok1\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe Ragnarok?listen?MultiHome=IPADDRESS?Port=PORT?QueryPort=QPORT?MaxPlayers=30?AltSaveDirectoryName=RagnarokCluster?AllowCrateSpawnsOnTopOfStructures=True?NewYear1UTC=1609809300 -ActiveEvent=-NewYearEvent -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -EnableIdlePlayerKick -clusterid=XXX -ClusterDirOverride="C:\Ark" -NoBattlEye -exclusivejoin -nosteamclient -game -server -log

You've mixed the command line args for the active event and the new year event 😞

C:\Ark\Servers\Ragnarok1\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe Ragnarok?listen?MultiHome=IPADDRESS?Port=PORT?QueryPort=QPORT?MaxPlayers=30?AltSaveDirectoryName=RagnarokCluster?AllowCrateSpawnsOnTopOfStructures=True?NewYear1UTC=1609809300 -ActiveEvent=WinterWonderland  -NewYearEvent -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -EnableIdlePlayerKick -clusterid=XXX -ClusterDirOverride="C:\Ark" -NoBattlEye -exclusivejoin -nosteamclient -game -server -log

Your timestamp equates to the 5th Jan  at 1:15 am (UTC)

9 hours ago, Larkfields said:

You've mixed the command line args for the active event and the new year event 😞

C:\Ark\Servers\Ragnarok1\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe Ragnarok?listen?MultiHome=IPADDRESS?Port=PORT?QueryPort=QPORT?MaxPlayers=30?AltSaveDirectoryName=RagnarokCluster?AllowCrateSpawnsOnTopOfStructures=True?NewYear1UTC=1609809300 -ActiveEvent=WinterWonderland  -NewYearEvent -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -EnableIdlePlayerKick -clusterid=XXX -ClusterDirOverride="C:\Ark" -NoBattlEye -exclusivejoin -nosteamclient -game -server -log

Your timestamp equates to the 5th Jan  at 1:15 am (UTC)

I see now, it doesnt need to be set as the active event, just an arg listed separately. The official post wasn't too clear for me, so that makes sense now.
Thanks a ton! 
And yes, i used the epoch timer to set that as my test time to see if it'd work. I'll be sure to change that when i run it for my dedicated server.
lastly, adding the second event should just follow with its own: ?Newyear2UTC=xxx right after the first one.

Archived