Basilisk Taming Broken?

Silentshape

Hi, just reporting that Basilisk taming appears to be broken. The only server I have managed to tame them on is abberation and that was quite a while ago. I had a gorgeous event level 140 in front of me on genesis and it ate my first egg with no problems but then would not eat anything else, even when I had killed all other animals in the area nearby and dropped and egg in front of its nose it sat there and then slithered away to explore for more food muuuuch further away. I tried for over an hour but nothing. Have experienced this more than once so I think there is a problem. Anyone else had the same issue? I know friends of mine feel the same way.

The only way to tame them without taking tremendous penalty to effectiveness is with the shoulder pet exploit.  Throw a shoulder pet on the ground near a basilisk and before it aggros on the pet cover the shoulder pet with a foundation.  Drop the eggs and just get ready to wait for it to tame up as it stays aggroed on the shoulder pet stuck in the foundation.  If you don’t do this the snake will run off or burrow and lose effectiveness.

Archived