The Island dino level scaling issue

GmanPlaysGames

So, i'm hosting a local (non-dedicated) session of The Island for myself and my friend (who is new to Ark, and i myself have actually barely played The Island despite having nearly 1200 hours of playtime) and I setup all the settings like i usually do. Main thing here is I set the difficulty multiplier to 5.0, same as official servers and same as I have done on every other save I have, but for some reason the wild dinos levels don't scale by 5s like they should and we can scarcely find one over level 100, is there some quirk of how The Island handles level scaling of dinos versus all the other maps? I have reloaded the save AND restarted the game multiple times and run 'destroywilddinos' many times and they keep spawning wrong, and yes before you ask, i do make sure to manually set it to 5.0 each time i load it, i know it auto switches back to 1.0 each time. help please?

8 hours ago, GmanPlaysGames said:

So, i'm hosting a local (non-dedicated) session of The Island for myself and my friend (who is new to Ark, and i myself have actually barely played The Island despite having nearly 1200 hours of playtime) and I setup all the settings like i usually do. Main thing here is I set the difficulty multiplier to 5.0, same as official servers and same as I have done on every other save I have, but for some reason the wild dinos levels don't scale by 5s like they should and we can scarcely find one over level 100, is there some quirk of how The Island handles level scaling of dinos versus all the other maps? I have reloaded the save AND restarted the game multiple times and run 'destroywilddinos' many times and they keep spawning wrong, and yes before you ask, i do make sure to manually set it to 5.0 each time i load it, i know it auto switches back to 1.0 each time. help please?

did you check the "maximum difficulty" box?

On 12/28/2020 at 10:05 AM, d1nk said:

You know it switches back or suspect it because you can't find any high levels? The Island (and all cannon maps) have terrible level weighting. Not high weighted like the center, rag etc.

I KNOW it switches back because every time i load up the game the difficulty modifier box has been reset to 1.0 and i have to set it back to 5.0. i do this but it still doesn't have the creatures scaling correctly on the island (they aren't going up in intervals of 5, i'm seeing 2's and 3's and such)

Archived