Corrupted Master Controller tips?

GP

• Volunteer Moderator

So I tested Gamma Genesis boss for the first time yesterday on my test server and it all went fine until Stage 4.

I've watched plenty of YouTube videos on it, and most of them have multiple tribe players and the solo ones seem like they do it with ease a lot.

So I went in with 20 Theriz, very high level, didn't bother with cakes for the test though.

Stage 1 - 3 went smoothly as expected, hardly any issues. The one thing I did notice is that the Cactus Broth didn't make much difference from staying hidden, but then you've got t5o get close anyway to collect the keys.

Stage 4 is where it all went wrong. I managed to get the Boss down 1/4 HP, possibly 1/2, can't quite remember. I know I lost one piece of armour at one point, but all of a sudden I died without noticing my health really low, so I think maybe I lost track of time because you literally only have 15 minutes, which is insane for solo.

So does anyone have any useful tips for solo on Gamma for Stage 4?

I did an attempt at gamma controller last night actually, brought 10 rexes, 6 theriz, 2 rhinos with just 2 players. Rexes and rhinos are top stat available and the theriz were top stat like 6 months ago so not the best now but still very good. Tribemate didnt pay enough attention to his water and ended up torping out in the 2nd phase and died so I was solo from then on. I had the rhino on passive following me and a small squad of 2 rexes and 2 theriz following the rhino and everything on aggressive except the rhino.

Was going pretty good for a while there, I had like 150% speed so I was outrunning everything, and was switching between ramming gigas and getting keys as much as possible all while culling the flyers when their forces got to big to ignore. I got the Master controller down to half life before I started seeing a couple rexes dying here and there. But then I jumped off my rhino to get some keys, it still had like 30k life, running full speed for maybe 30 seconds and all of a sudden it said my rhino was dead. I guess it must have gotten stuck between a couple gigas while it was supposed to be following me so things went downhill from there. I got on and off random theriz and rexes here and there to kill stuff, while still trying to get as much keys as I could but at that point I looked up and I only had 30 seconds left in the fight.

Last time I tried this fight I died and when I respawned I had my body in my base right where we teleported from, this time I didnt die but instead ran out of time which caused me to respawn naked with no body to be found so rip the asc tek rifles and element this time :/ . Im thinking if I still had my 2nd tribemate in that last phase we could have done it but the biggest worry in that phase to me is the timer at this point, its all a race against time.

• Volunteer Moderator

I ran the test on a test servers so no cluster or anything, but when I respawned I was naked and my dead body was at the place I teleported, but it would not allow me to access the inventory, or harvest it, or more it or anything, so just had to let it decay.

I didn't pay enough attention to time on Stage 4 because with 1-3 I didn't even need to look at the clock as it was so easy. But I still don't know if I died or time ran out, but all I know was i died in an instant when I didn't expect it.

I've only tested it once, but kinda put me off lol.

I did the same as in the anecdotes told, but I think my mistake was to dedicate myself to collecting keys, although they are aggressive, my tell us does not react so fast when they attack, and that is why the keys do not fall as often, I think I'm going to try the kill corrupt dinos for 2 minutes, until I can visualize many keys and then I will get off the dino and collect.

The thing most people ignore is it is a fight of attrition. Your dinos are taking damage for the first few platforms to get to the boss, and more at the boss. What I do is run in with a few tribe members on velos for boss and flyer damage and rex for everything else. I usually run with 2-4+ people where there are 2 people riding a yuti and daedon. Then just leave all the rex on aggressive and whistle them back to the objective every minute or so. The remaning people have velos at the objective to shoot the flyers, and run around picking up the keys.

At the final stage, I found I die when I get too close to the boss, stay off the low ground and be quick on rotating to the next key point. Again, just tell everything to move with a whistle. You can even have the velos pre-move to the terminal and the rex move while they dps the boss. It's an easy fight to get spread out on and if you get too spread out... things die.

The best time to daedon is when you finish a stage, whistle everything to the objective and heal it up. You can then regen food during the stage and heal on the next. It's a waste to try and run down every dino and heal them individually. Don't be afraid to whistle passive, whistle all followthen whistle agressive again. If you do it right and wait for mobs to follow, they will stand next to the pig for the heals.

• Volunteer Moderator
On 12/29/2020 at 4:36 PM, Kamikazie said:

At the final stage, I found I die when I get too close to the boss

Watching some more videos, including the one posted above made me realise that the Boss head has an attack animation of raising its head and then slamming it down on the ground. I believe that does a lot of damage if you are right at the front and I suspect that is why I suddenly died out of nowhere.

Just completed a gamma fight with just me and 1 tribemate last night finally. Same setup as last time, 10 rexes, 6 theris, 2 rhinos, all 100% imprint with max saddles and top stats. We finished with 57 seconds left on the clock and lost 7 rexes and 2 theris. In that last round it required both of us getting 20 keys at the same time to get the 40 per section and had to do that quickly so lots of time running around. Rhinos were super helpful, I would kill the gigas/reapers with the rhinos whenever I could and anytime I was on foot with a giga spawning in front of me I would turn around and hop on the rhino following me.

The avatars tended to get killed by my aggressive dinos in the middle near the boss head so I was down there running around most of the fight picking up keys and I never was hit by the head by anything other than the stunning laser that does no damage so I dont think he has any other attack tbh. I was a bit disappointed that my game just went to black screen and never showed the ending cut scene, I ended up having to force close the game and log back in but I did get the engrams so all is well.

Funny thing happened then, my tribemate was able to see the cutscene, then he was prompted to spawn back in choosing a bed. He spawned into our base but he was naked and lvl 1 with no tek engrams and it wasnt his original character it was just called "surviver". He was running around trying to figure out what was going on and he couldnt access anything in the tribe after a couple seconds cause he spawned in a bedroom and was able to get out the tek door but then he couldnt get back through any of them or open dino inventories. Anyway he was walking around the base when he got near the tek turrets which blasted him to hell. Mind you this is on pve, where turrets dont attack players under any circumstances, so Im pretty bewildered how this could have happened. But then after dying he was prompted to download his character and spawned like normal with all his gear, so all was well there too.

All in all, crazy fight, lots of fun. Cant wait to do beta but now need to do another 50 or so missions -_-

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Piffguru said:

The avatars tended to get killed by my aggressive dinos in the middle near the boss head so I was down there running around most of the fight picking up keys and I never was hit by the head by anything other than the stunning laser that does no damage so I dont think he has any other attack tbh.

When I say down the front I don't mean in front of him I mean literally underneath him. There would be no reason why every so often the boss head rises high and then slams down on the ground if it wasn't doing an attack.

2 hours ago, GP said:

When I say down the front I don't mean in front of him I mean literally underneath him. There would be no reason why every so often the boss head rises high and then slams down on the ground if it wasn't doing an attack.

I understand what you meant, half the time I was trying to walk through him and his head was blocking me then all of a sudden he would move and I would walk right through the center where his head is all while never getting hit by anything. I suspect the head movement is a signal for him to do his laser beam personally. Also the wiki says he has no other attacks than his lasers with his damage stat being only question marks instead of a damage number as all other bosses have. Granted wiki info can be taken with a grain of salt but I believe this info to be correct in this case from my own dealings with this boss 3 times now. Thing is if he was doing some type of aoe slam attack then there is no way I wouldnt have been hit as I was down there in front of and inside of his head for most of the fight.

I did solo gamma with 17 rexes, two daeodons and 1 yuty. But we have increased loot quality on my cluster, so I was doing it with a 755% shotgun and each armor piece had about 800 armor and 1200+ durability. I hardly used the yuty, maybe three roars in the entire fight. The rexes were mutated and leveled and had about 1200% dmg and 50k hp. Next time I'm bringing an 18th rex instead and just staying on foot the whole fight.

Anyway, the first three phases went so smoothly I was actually taken aback by it. It left me ample time to run around, check the place out. Nothing died in the first three phases and I was never below 80% hp. The last phase was a little tougher. That's where I lost all my Rexes. But even then, I made a huge mistake which cost me two minutes of running around senselessly before I managed to think straight. Basically, I thought I could deliver the passcodes at any of the four terminals, and since the terminal I was at didn't let me turn them in, I figured the fight was bugged, so I ran around being bummed for two minutes until I saw that UI marker showing you where to deliver them, and then realized they are on a rotation. I think that's what caused me to lose most of my rexes. By that time, there were tons of passcodes laying around so filling in the last three terminals went pretty quick. I just used my shotgun to shoot at the boss when his armor was down, I think 3-4 hits was enough to bring it to the next phase.

Even if I factor out the maxed shotgun, I could have had my own personal Rex, or just grab any of the ones that were running around and use that, and I still think the component of damaging the boss while it's vulnerable would be a non-issue at all. I was focusing on just grabbing and returning passcodes like 95% of the time. If I ran past any gigas or reapers in the last phase, I shot a couple of shots at them while running past, but never stopped to kill anything that spawned. So that's to say that I don't think you even need a really good weapon to do the fight, if you have good dinos and good armor. Gamma was way easier than I would have thought. I'm pretty worried about attempting beta (and ultimately alpha) though. If the difficulty ramp-up is anything like the missions on that map, I'll be lucky to barely make it through beta, and never have a realistic shot at alpha, ever.

On 1/6/2021 at 7:21 PM, Fresiki said:

I did solo gamma with 17 rexes, two daeodons and 1 yuty. But we have increased loot quality on my cluster, so I was doing it with a 755% shotgun and each armor piece had about 800 armor and 1200+ durability. I hardly used the yuty, maybe three roars in the entire fight. The rexes were mutated and leveled and had about 1200% dmg and 50k hp. Next time I'm bringing an 18th rex instead and just staying on foot the whole fight.

Anyway, the first three phases went so smoothly I was actually taken aback by it. It left me ample time to run around, check the place out. Nothing died in the first three phases and I was never below 80% hp. The last phase was a little tougher. That's where I lost all my Rexes. But even then, I made a huge mistake which cost me two minutes of running around senselessly before I managed to think straight. Basically, I thought I could deliver the passcodes at any of the four terminals, and since the terminal I was at didn't let me turn them in, I figured the fight was bugged, so I ran around being bummed for two minutes until I saw that UI marker showing you where to deliver them, and then realized they are on a rotation. I think that's what caused me to lose most of my rexes. By that time, there were tons of passcodes laying around so filling in the last three terminals went pretty quick. I just used my shotgun to shoot at the boss when his armor was down, I think 3-4 hits was enough to bring it to the next phase.

Even if I factor out the maxed shotgun, I could have had my own personal Rex, or just grab any of the ones that were running around and use that, and I still think the component of damaging the boss while it's vulnerable would be a non-issue at all. I was focusing on just grabbing and returning passcodes like 95% of the time. If I ran past any gigas or reapers in the last phase, I shot a couple of shots at them while running past, but never stopped to kill anything that spawned. So that's to say that I don't think you even need a really good weapon to do the fight, if you have good dinos and good armor. Gamma was way easier than I would have thought. I'm pretty worried about attempting beta (and ultimately alpha) though. If the difficulty ramp-up is anything like the missions on that map, I'll be lucky to barely make it through beta, and never have a realistic shot at alpha, ever.

and did you wear ascending mounts? with how much armor? that might also help reduce the damage inflicted on your Rex

^^I was using 150-ish armor ascendant saddles. But with the loot settings on our server, I have a blueprint that with bonus crafting will allow me to craft maxed ones at 352 armor, though that's pretty costly. We don't have very increased gathering rates so I went for cheaper ones on the first attempt, since I was expecting to fail anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

as it has been mentioned armor on saddles doesnt matter, the dinotaurs VR giga, inflict a bleed and rot down your dinos, solo on official youll either run out of time or be overwhelmed by the VR dinos, you can not find a good balance between picking up the keys and killing the dinos that spawn, your only real chance is to take more people to help you, so many fake youtube videos out there ppl cheesing it with godmode on just for a few likes its cringe.

this fight isnt soloable on official and if you say you did it i dont beleive you stop misleading people.

gamma is absolutely soloable on official, you just have be prepared to lose most of the tames you bring in, and have a well suited character build + proper gear. You'll want good high dura flak, the highest damage pump shotty you can craft and a decent tek rifle. Pump movement speed and hp, then just enough weight to carry all your gear. Have focal chili, enduro stew, laz chowder and cactus broth on hand to provide their relevant buffs, and try to keep everything aggroed to your tames while you run around collecting keys.

It's also worth trying to set up groups of rexes to follow each other to try and help spread out your army, while also avoiding any single tame getting separated on their own. Once you're attacking rockwell, use both the shotty and tek rifle to get as much damage as possible as quickly as you can. Start with the pump shotgun and switch to the tek rifle instead of reloading once the mag empties.

You need close to top stat rexes and very high end gear for it but it is doable

The argument that armor doesn't "matter" vs bleed damage or dragon breath doesn't hold up. It's 100% wrong. 

Think of it like this: when any dino in the fight dies, it will have taken an X amount of total damage before dying. Of that damage, a certain % will have come from giga bleeds, and a certain % will have come from other damage. All of that other damage is mitigated by armor. The dinos don't just take bleed damage during the fight, they take all kinds of damage, so by mitigating the damage you can, you enable your rexes to take bleed damage for longer. If you then also focus on shooting gigas with your weapon when they spawn, that's what makes or breaks the fight. I did it solo. All the settings were official other than our gather/XP rates, but that doesn't affect the fight. The only thing I have going for me are increased loot quality rates from loot drops on our cluster. But so here I would wager that you could obtain equal gear on official with crafting bonus, and I could have done the fight with less awesome gear. 

• 4 months later...

Archived