In game chat (mic)

Blackmagic9000

3 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I'm assuming that means the Win10 version on PC and not the Steam version.

I'm actually not sure there's a way to turn it off in-game but you should be able to mute your mic in Windows itself.

Correct, Win10.

I still want to use my party chat tho. 

Problem im having is the ingame mic setup is echoing through the xbox app and discord.

The game is picking up our ingame mic and our "third party" system (discord/xbox) and is trying to play both at the same time.

I'd use the ingame, but its a proximity mic, as opposed to using a third party system to communicate.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Grognak said:

Correct, Win10.

I still want to use my party chat tho. 

Problem im having is the ingame mic setup is echoing through the xbox app and discord.

The game is picking up our ingame mic and our "third party" system (discord/xbox) and is trying to play both at the same time.

I'd use the ingame, but its a proximity mic, as opposed to using a third party system to communicate.

Maybe you can use this to disable the mic just for Ark and keep using it in your 3rd party apps:

https://winaero.com/disable-app-access-microphone-windows-10/

I haven't tested.

12 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Maybe you can use this to disable the mic just for Ark and keep using it in your 3rd party apps:

https://winaero.com/disable-app-access-microphone-windows-10/

I haven't tested.

im testing now, i just went to the windows search bar, typed in "microphone Privacy" went down to privacy settings and stopped ARK from accessing my mic.

• Volunteer Moderator
24 minutes ago, Grognak said:

@Joebl0w13 It worked! no more echo!!!! all you have to do is change your microphone privacy settings in Win10 to stop ARK from accessing it your mic, then Discord/Xbox Party no longer causes Echo!

you're my hero Joe, thank you

Glad to hear it!

Archived