In game chat (mic)

Blackmagic9000

• 4 months later...

Disgusting attitude of developers towards their users. I think people will think before buying the second part of the game, whether it is worth buying the game from the developers who have not completed the first part ... I'm not talking about PGA, SOTF. They abandoned everything without completing it to the end.
A huge minus to such developers. 

• Volunteer Moderator
28 minutes ago, asmatolchik said:

Disgusting attitude of developers towards their users

I'm not sure why you feel that way.

Auto makers aren't doing anything to improve the cars they made 6 years ago. Those have been built, sold and have been driven for more than half a decade.

The devs are building next year's model.

• Volunteer Moderator

Whether it is 6 years old or not, they are still actively fixing bugs as can be seen in the patch notes. And I'm sure they have a backlog of stuff they will focus on when they are done with Genesis Part 2. Updates might not be as frequent though, but you can be sure it will remain maintained as long as a decent amount of players play it. That said, you guys should report that issue via the Bug Reports form so that it can be properly catalogued by the QA Team rather than being buried on the forums.

10 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I'm not sure why you feel that way.

Auto makers aren't doing anything to improve the cars they made 6 years ago. Those have been built, sold and have been driven for more than half a decade.

The devs are building next year's model.

I love this comparison, I think about it all the time. I think about the fact that cars have to be subject to recalls to fix what wasn't made correctly in the first place. I wish we could hold developers accountable(not just ark devs) to fix thing in a similar fashion to recalls but unfortunately that would require a level of risk of life and dangerous equipment which intrinsically cant happen in a video game.

• Volunteer Moderator
23 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

I wish we could hold developers accountable(not just ark devs) to fix thing in a similar fashion

There is. Would you buy the broken car? Yet gamers clime over each other to buy broken games and then pay for DLC for broken games. Gamers are the only people that consistently break open their wallets for incomplete/damaged and/or outright broken goods. 

Nobody walks through Walmart “look a chair with 3 legs… sold”

47 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

I love this comparison, I think about it all the time. I think about the fact that cars have to be subject to recalls to fix what wasn't made correctly in the first place. I wish we could hold developers accountable(not just ark devs) to fix thing in a similar fashion to recalls but unfortunately that would require a level of risk of life and dangerous equipment which intrinsically cant happen in a video game.

A recall is issued when a manufacturer or NHTSA determines that a vehicle, equipment, car seat, or tire creates an unreasonable safety risk or fails to meet minimum safety standards.

The radio being broken would not be recalled.

8 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

There is. Would you buy the broken car? Yet gamers clime over each other to buy broken games and then pay for DLC for broken games. Gamers are the only people that consistently break open their wallets for incomplete/damaged and/or outright broken goods. 

Nobody walks through Walmart “look a chair with 3 legs… sold”

That logic doesnt really follow to me. A recall notice for a car isnt comparable to a chair with 3 legs, its not like the car is just missing a wheel or something when you go to open your wallet and buy it. It is generally something that seems to work fine but upon months or years of use and more detailed inspection has a small and sometimes seriously dangerous flaw that needs to be fixed. Its also unfortunately very common for the last decade for games to come out and need hot fixes immediately and repeatedly, which is a terrible practice in my opinion but what are gamers to do? just never play anything until its been out for years and hopefully in the shape that it was marketed as? I agree that gamers are the enablers in a certain view by continuing to buy the products but the party with the core responsibilities here are the developers.

As for the situation the OP is asking about, this is an in game item that DID work at one point and they broke it. So event though its just a radio that gets very little use anyway, if you take just the theme of whats happening here its pretty crappy. You buy a product for x reason that works upon buying, then down the line the manufacturers do an update that breaks your item, are you not to expect them to fix what they broke? Im pretty sure this is a premise that got apple sued over their battery practices. The level of accountability is very low in gaming compared to basically every other business from my perspective.

1 minute ago, Ganelon said:

A recall is issued when a manufacturer or NHTSA determines that a vehicle, equipment, car seat, or tire creates an unreasonable safety risk or fails to meet minimum safety standards.

The radio being broken would not be recalled.

I understand and agree, which is why I said "unfortunately that would require a level of risk of life and dangerous equipment which intrinsically cant happen in a video game." My point is that since that level of real life danger isnt possible from a video game, there should be a lower threshold in gaming to require a recall so to speak.

3 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Yet people keep forking out cash for broken games.

Man you either read extremely fast or you just skimmed to the last sentence and responded to that. I already agreed with you when I said "I agree that gamers are the enablers in a certain view by continuing to buy the products but the party with the core responsibilities here are the developers."

But the idea that all the blame goes to the players is hilarious to me.

2 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

I understand and agree, which is why I said "unfortunately that would require a level of risk of life and dangerous equipment which intrinsically cant happen in a video game." My point is that since that level of real life danger isnt possible from a video game, there should be a lower threshold in gaming to require a recall so to speak.

I live in the world where sometimes there is crap aspects of a product I enjoy and you have to accept it within whatever tolerance threshold you have. Unless I am paying a monthly support contract for that thing, or paid 5 figures for it, I accept what I enjoy 'as-is' and understand the prioritization of concerns from a limited staff.

19 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

And I find it hilarious when people buy broken products.

So let me ask you personally if you dont mind, did you purchase genesis season pass? did you purchase extinction and the previous season pass maps? Do you even own the base game? cause if so you are basically just laughing at yourself at this point.

• 1 month later...

Archived