Megapithecus Boss Arena, Lystrosaurus, Sabertooth Salmon, and Arthropluera!

Jatheish

• Administrator

Exciting news Survivors! The Megapithecus makes their debut in ARK: Survival Evolved as players can now face off the mighty beast and it's army of giant apes and monkey minions in their epic snowy-mountain lair. Patch 240 also introduces tribe member rankings, a new form of primitive combat, and three new creatures, the Arthropleura, Sabertooth Salmon and Lystrosaurus!

large.Lystrosaurus.jpglarge.Lystrosaurus.jpg

Lystrosaurus Aicifidelis: About two feet long, the loyal Lystrosaurus Aicifidelis is a small, resilient herbivore, that learns fast and therefore gains experience much more quickly than most other creatures, while also recovering its torpor and health much faster than most creatures. Its presence inspires allies, making them learn and gain experience more rapidly, too.

large.Arthropluera.jpglarge.Arthropleura.jpg

Arthropluera Felsanguis is large and a very aggressive hunter. It is almost entirely a military mount, useful mostly for attacking at a distance, and, thanks to its unique defenses, Arthropleura is generally safe from all but the largest of creatures. Arthropleura has acidic blood which it keeps ready to spit at its prey.

large.Dossier_SabertoothSalmon.jpglarge.572a392bcc39c_SabertoothSalmon.jpg

Oncorhynchus Grexlamia more commonly known as a Sabertooth Salmon, is a generally passive fish that swims in large schools for protection. Like many of the smaller fish on the Island, Oncorhynchus cannot be tamed, but it is often herded and raised for its resources. Certain ‘cuts’ are considered superb quality, and are often referred to as “Prime Fish” used for specific high-end concoctions. Once provoked, however, Oncorhynchus becomes very aggressive: It locks onto the aggressor with its long “saberteeth” to drain blood. Alone, this isn’t a worry, but when a school of them attack at once, their would-be aggressor quickly loses speed and stamina from bloodloss, drowning if it cannot breath underwater.

large.572a393287844_PrimitiveBola.jpg

This patch also introduces the Primitive Bola! Wind these up and toss them at players and smaller creatures to temporarily trip and ensnare them. It can even used to knock enemy riders off their mounts, or pull down flyers from the sky! And finally the introduction of Tribe Member Rankings with Customizable Per-Rank Privileges! This enables Tribes to create arbitrary "Sub-Groups" within their Tribe, name them, and give them all kinds of detailed rank-based access privileges on your structures, inventories, and creatures. Effectively you can now create your very own caste-based society, with Kings, Nobles, Lords, and Serfs, etc!

We hope you guys enjoy the latest update, good luck conquering the Megapithecus, collecting your prime-fish, devastating acidic arthropod and of course the loyal and loveable Lystrosaurus! 

All the best,

Wildcard Jat, Chris & The ARK Survival Evolved Team

View full article

Guest UNST3RBLICH
13 minutes ago, moimeme15 said:

is it me or the saberthoot salmon is way bigger in game than on the dossier?

Yeah...I wonder if this is a model scale error because it also describes them as 'small fish', when it looks like you could ride one. The dossier sketch shows them about the site of megapiranha perhaps, which I think is more fitting.

12 minutes ago, Rippy said:

Can't wait to get home and update our server!

Does anyone know where Arthopleura resides yet? Can't access the wiki at work.

Also what creatures can pick one up? Noting their size, I am guessing only a quetz?

Hi @Rippy,

From what I understand, the Arthopleura can be found around surface caves and are best taken down using a ranged method. They feed on rotten meat.

Edited by Trentifus

Apparently the Lystrosaurus Buff doesn't work with the Chemistry Table, is that correct? Am I doing it wrong? It worked with the primitive Mortar and Pestle, I got 3 XP from 1 Narcotic instead of 2, but I am still getting 8 XP from one Narcotics portion in the Chem Table, when the Lystrosaurus-buff is active.

If yes, what is the point in it then? I hoped it would be an addition or an alternative to the Broth of Enlightenment, so that players are able to actually reach max level without having to grind for a year or 2 or rather craft approx. 500k Narcotics :S

EDIT: Ok, it doesn't work an players at all. Forget everything I said. :(