Fishing Question

Laveyan

I've fished a few dozen sabertooth salmon now with using leech blood and the standard fishing rod you craft. I can't get a better quality fishing rod because I play on a beginner server and so it'll be next to impossible to kill an alpha tuso or alpha mosa to get fishing rods from them. My question is this, since the difficulty level on beginner servers is lowered, does that mean that it'll be harder to get blueprints from fishing or impossible altogether? I've been getting nothing but resources/materials/meats and not a single blueprint of any kind.

I know it gets wiped on a regular basis and I don't like the level caps on it either, but it's the only "fresh" official pve server out there. I have no interest in joining a server where every good base location has already been taken and people already have tek unlocked. If wildcard would add new island servers then sure I would go to them because they're new, but since there are no new servers I have to stick with beginner ones.

1 hour ago, Laveyan said:

I know it gets wiped on a regular basis and I don't like the level caps on it either, but it's the only "fresh" official pve server out there. I have no interest in joining a server where every good base location has already been taken and people already have tek unlocked. If wildcard would add new island servers then sure I would go to them because they're new, but since there are no new servers I have to stick with beginner ones.

I can agreed with that, back in the days begginer was lag free, plenty space for everyone. But u are limited now, u cant progres. When we used to play there we had everything, bps for rex, giga, argy theri. We did boss fights, tek bases. Now its different. But if u are satisfied with things, don't know

8 hours ago, Laveyan said:

18 hours ago, carbonark said:

You could try to tame a pack of megalodons to take on a alpha tuso, with enough of them their bleed and damage could probably bring down an alpha despite low levels

This and some baryonyx, ive heard penguins are dimorphs of the sea.. maybe an army of them hahah..

Maybe send a plesi or turtle to be grabbed then swamp it with sharks to get it stuck, revenge !!!!

21 hours ago, Laveyan said:

I've fished a few dozen sabertooth salmon now with using leech blood and the standard fishing rod you craft. I can't get a better quality fishing rod because I play on a beginner server and so it'll be next to impossible to kill an alpha tuso or alpha mosa to get fishing rods from them. My question is this, since the difficulty level on beginner servers is lowered, does that mean that it'll be harder to get blueprints from fishing or impossible altogether? I've been getting nothing but resources/materials/meats and not a single blueprint of any kind.

anything is possible if you put your mind to it.....Iv been gutted on trying to do a beginning server only run. the whole idea of running on nothing but blueprints pushed out of drops is enticing and intriguing AF

8 hours ago, Laveyan said:

you might actually take a look at some of the official legacy servers.....pretty empty, the spots I had in mind did have some people in or nearby who have been there for years, but three of those bases died off. Got some sweet goodies out of them, but as a noob.....9000 free fiber is super usefull as a new bob.
But I also got an ascendant cross bow and journeyman shotty, so not all bad.

Archived