Intro to Tribe Rankings!

Jen

On 5/14/2016 at 3:25 PM, Lionheart said:

All my structures are on rank 0, making this option useless unless i go and rank up 5000 structures

I think sometimes we forget that this is a game-preview, pre-alpha testing. It's an opportunity for the devs to mess about with features, balance etc. It won't be a useless feature when the real game comes out. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/29/2016 at 8:29 PM, VerusNorth said:

I think sometimes we forget that this is a game-preview, pre-alpha testing. It's an opportunity for the devs to mess about with features, balance etc. It won't be a useless feature when the real game comes out. 

Wow you're so smart and considerate! Has it occurred to you that the developers don't test this stuff for too long and depend on us to provide feedback on gameplay? Also, they still haven't even mentioned this to be an issue anywhere. 

On 7/3/2016 at 1:53 AM, Lionheart said:

Wow you're so smart and considerate! Has it occurred to you that the developers don't test this stuff for too long and depend on us to provide feedback on gameplay? Also, they still haven't even mentioned this to be an issue anywhere. 

I detect sarcasm. 

Of course it occurs to me. I'm just okay with it. 

• 1 month later...

We need a way for tribe owners to turn all tribe structures to a specific rank for both access and inventory (where applicable). I've been saying that on steam for ages since the tribe rank system was added. I'm new to the forums here. The problem is that kind of command would severely lag a server for a big tribe executing it... and therefor could be abused to cripple a server. I think if there was a way to limit it by only changing all tribe structures within a small area to a specific rank.. that would be a GREAT alternative. The admin command ALREADY exists.. so why not do a modification of it for tribe owners?

• 2 weeks later...

this is a great system but we have 11 ranks and can only make 5 groups at this time which makes it hard to set ranks for large tribes

also we have people that love to do select things would it be possible to get a ranking update that allowed you to set doors to a only this rank and admins (like a admin only lock but for a group rank)

7 hours ago, DeathLord said:

this is a great system but we have 11 ranks and can only make 5 groups at this time which makes it hard to set ranks for large tribes

also we have people that love to do select things would it be possible to get a ranking update that allowed you to set doors to a only this rank and admins (like a admin only lock but for a group rank)

Even for the largest alpha tribe, imo 11 ranks is overkill. 5 ranks is plenty to manage a vast number of players with unique permission controls under the Admin player level.

On 9/4/2016 at 11:53 AM, DirectorGunner said:

Even for the largest alpha tribe, imo 11 ranks is overkill. 5 ranks is plenty to manage a vast number of players with unique permission controls under the Admin player level.

5 does seem like a lot but i like to break things up more

1. tribe master
  2. tribe leaders
  3. war consul
  4. tamers
  5. breeders
  6. builders
  7. farmers
  8. recruiters
  9. resources nub

not in order but thats 9 ranks we try to limit people to and this also allows people to know the rank of who they are talking to and if any one not ranks 1, 2, or 3 then they are only talking on their behalf not for the tribe.

also if you noticed i wanted to lock areas of the base to these chosen ranks so the farm house with the dung beetles and crops would be limited to only farmers. the nark and saddle smithy would be only for tamers. the large vault of building mats would be for the builders only and would include key dinos. the breeders would have their own large building for storing and hatching eggs. war consul would have a privet room for just weapons and armor to fight other tribes that would be locked till needed then opened to all (admin only works for now but dont need many admins to run the tribe the ranks system is to replace the need for any admin). then there would be a main area for the nubs to fill boxes and for the general usage tames.

yes you can make do with only 5 but if you break it down more it makes it easy for a tribe to run and build up and with them having a rank saying what their responsibility's are then you dont have to worry about why do our x-plants have no fert on then you just gotta adress the farmers since they would be dealing with all things related to farming (IE crop plots and water). missing auto turets or walls you adress your builders. lost a tame you ask your tamers or breeders to find or raise a new one. low resources you get your nubs on the job of filling that box / vault. them jobs not getting done a few days in a row then you got a leadership prob so you get your tribe leaders and war consul back on their job of runing the tribe and pushing to keep growing. (sorry i like disciple and order just part of my military back ground but it works well when used and people know what they gotta do and setting a rank that tells them whats expected goes a long way)

On 05/05/2016 at 7:43 AM, DustinMathisen said:

I would say to have a separate window open like there is for Custom Consumables or Painting dinos/structures that is accessible from the radial menu. Having to set a dino to rank 10 for all three options means I need to access the radial menu at least 30 times, more if I accidentally select the "decrease" option. 

It would also be nice to have a mass setting to change everything already placed. Otherwise, we have to change every chest, door, etc. one at a time and on bigger tribes, you're talking hours of work. 

This suggestion works for me, too.

Going off the assumption that a wall structure can have it's 'activate' rank set higher, which I have yet to test but assume it means that a tribe member of lower rank cannot access the radial menu for that structure with 'E' to demolish/repair etc.

If you have a large base already established before creating your first tribe rank, by default, all existing structures are set to 'rank 0' -- updating potentially thousands of structure pieces (not to mention, some probably are not accessible, pillars, etc) would take days of work. Being able to 'blanket apply rankings' to all structures would be a welcomed feature.

On 04/09/2016 at 6:23 PM, DeathLord said:

Not sure if it's changed since you posted this, but it's entirely possible to do.

Set the 'activate' rank on a door to rank 10, for example. Give your tribe leaders/would be admins a group with access rank of 10 or higher.

You'd then have a second group (or presumably more) with a lower than 10 access level, effectively preventing them from being able to access what's behind your ranked 10 access door.

Also, if you missed it, admins will bypass all tribe ranking features, regardless of what tribe rank they are.

On 9/5/2016 at 2:30 PM, DeathLord said:

5 does seem like a lot but i like to break things up more

1. tribe master
  2. tribe leaders
  3. war consul
  4. tamers
  5. breeders
  6. builders
  7. farmers
  8. recruiters
  9. resources nub

not in order but thats 9 ranks we try to limit people to and this also allows people to know the rank of who they are talking to and if any one not ranks 1, 2, or 3 then they are only talking on their behalf not for the tribe.

also if you noticed i wanted to lock areas of the base to these chosen ranks so the farm house with the dung beetles and crops would be limited to only farmers. the nark and saddle smithy would be only for tamers. the large vault of building mats would be for the builders only and would include key dinos. the breeders would have their own large building for storing and hatching eggs. war consul would have a privet room for just weapons and armor to fight other tribes that would be locked till needed then opened to all (admin only works for now but dont need many admins to run the tribe the ranks system is to replace the need for any admin). then there would be a main area for the nubs to fill boxes and for the general usage tames.

yes you can make do with only 5 but if you break it down more it makes it easy for a tribe to run and build up and with them having a rank saying what their responsibility's are then you dont have to worry about why do our x-plants have no fert on then you just gotta adress the farmers since they would be dealing with all things related to farming (IE crop plots and water). missing auto turets or walls you adress your builders. lost a tame you ask your tamers or breeders to find or raise a new one. low resources you get your nubs on the job of filling that box / vault. them jobs not getting done a few days in a row then you got a leadership prob so you get your tribe leaders and war consul back on their job of runing the tribe and pushing to keep growing. (sorry i like disciple and order just part of my military back ground but it works well when used and people know what they gotta do and setting a rank that tells them whats expected goes a long way)

I understand what you're going for but would condense in the following way:

- Recruiters role can be carried out by 1st or 2nd in command to avoid inviting someone who could likely inside your tribe, KNOW your tribe before you invite them, it's better all new members get filtered by the leader or admin.. it's a game.. not military.

- Tribe master and Tribe leaders and War consultant can be all in the same rank with Tribe leaders or tribe "master" (assuming that's not tribe owner) having admin on top of the same rank

- Tamers & resource gatherers & farmers can all be the same rank and tame out or place the same rank structure, it is YOUR responsibility as tribe owner to change the newely tamed dinos to the desired rank.

-Breeders (higher level of trust) and builders can be in the same rank.

So redoing your (imo very excessive) ranks:

#1 Tribe Leaders (Master & Leaders & War Generals)

#2 Breeders & Builders

#3 Tame & Farm (Tamers, Gatherers, Farmers)

That's only 3 roles with a highly organized controlled access system to clearly defined roles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Jen we so desperately need 1 more modifier for tribe ranking, a group permission that supersedes the number ranking. This way when tribes merge you can set certain buildings to be accessible by members of a former tribe, this would be a commonly used feature by many many people. It would have saved me so many headaches and people gear if this was an option already. Thanks!

On 19/09/2016 at 0:28 PM, FatTony said:

Can someone help I don't know where to store my tamed dinos while offline as I cannot build dino gates yet what should I do 

Fill their bellies with food, and surround them with wooden spikes, or foundation, and walls. Remember you can bust down a wall or two to get them out next time you're on.

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Good on ya! Except....what about the rest? "Number of Invites Allowed" - is that how many people can be invited into this group or how many people this group can invite? "Invite Into Group Rank"? "Max Banisment Group Rank"? "Max Demotion Group Rank"? And "Max Promotion Group Rank"? Sorry if these seem self explanatory and I'm an idiot but I'd like to be 100% positive before I start checking boxes and/or assigning ranks.

• 4 months later...
On 5/25/2016 at 7:39 PM, BUCKMASTER said:

Needs a Tribe option for the Leader to "Set all Structures to rank:" and fill in the number, same for Dinos and Containers.  That way we can make EVERYTHING one rank and do the selective demoting of a few structures.  Doors, Chests, etc.  I'd rather start at SECURE and bump selective things down.

+1

/Sarcasm ON

"Keep in mind this is a first-pass for now and as we go along, we’ll be doing more to it and adding more functions."
Posted May 4, 2016 

I dont see an itsy bitsy improvement at all, 1 year later.  I assume this defines the value of the promise  "the numbers are ot final"  on the flier nerf from the same person. 

12 minutes ago, ArKie said:

i really like the ranking system, but i would like a button that changes ranks of each and thesame item. like i want all my vault at rank 5. " change all vault inventory rank +1 " etc. 

I also do like, if we could set it retrospective as you described above. In a tribe of 3+ people with multiple bases and dinos it is just not feasible to set up the ranking item by item manually. Because of this, while the ranking system is OK on paper, it is unusable.

Again, because they didnt finish this feature, just thrown in something and moved on.

2 hours ago, szabiferi said:

I also do like, if we could set it retrospective as you described above. In a tribe of 3+ people with multiple bases and dinos it is just not feasible to set up the ranking item by item manually. Because of this, while the ranking system is OK on paper, it is unusable.

Again, because they didnt finish this feature, just thrown in something and moved on.

yeah , let's add more dino ... lol

• 2 weeks later...

Archived