Intro to Tribe Rankings!

Jen

Hey Survivors,

So we’ve finally got in Tribe Rankings! Grabthar’s hammer is safe :P so let’s have a look see at how it all functions! Keep in mind this is a first-pass for now and as we go along, we’ll be doing more to it and adding more functions. Such as giving other ranks the power to invite, remove, demote and promote other tribe members!

large.20160504152251_1.jpg

When opening your tribe manager, you’ll see that the UI has been slightly changed and this is because of the new ranking management system. The bottom left hand corner, you’ll be able to select and edit the permissions and rankings you have available for your tribe. In the centre, slightly towards the right hand side - you’ll see the different ranks available.

large.20160504152419_1.jpg

To give a tribe member a rank, make sure to select their name in your tribe menu, as well as the rank you’d like to give them and then promote or demote them. Once they've been given a rank, they will have certain permissions assigned to them. Upon inviting new members to a tribe, they are automatically given a default rank. You can change the default rank in ‘Manage Tribe Group Ranks’.

Now let’s go through the ranks and permissions themselves!

large.20160504152527_1.jpg

Group Name - Self explanatory, this is what you’d like to call the specific ranking.

Default Tribe Group - Whether or not they’re a default group. You can only set one default group at a time and when you invite a member to your tribe, they’ll fall into this group.

Prevent Demolishing Structures - Whether they have the right to demolish any structures.

Prevent Structure Building In Range - Whether they have the right to build any structures within range of an already existing structure.

Access Inventory Rank - Each inventory-object placed in game has a certain rank associated with it. To determine whether a tribe-member can open the inventory of said object, it will take a look at their inventory-rank associated with their tribe-rank. If their tribe-rank’s access inventory rank is below the required number, they will not be able to open the inventory of the item. The access level can be decreased / increased at any time.

Activate Structure Rank - Each object placed in game has a certain rank associated with it. To determine whether a tribe-member can activate the structure, it will take a look at their access structure rank associated with their tribe-rank. If their tribe-rank’s access structure rank is below the required number, they will not be able to open the access the structure. The access level can be decreased / increased at any time.

New Structure Inventory Rank - When a tribe member belonging to this group places down a new inventory-item, they attach a rank-requirement to it. This is how that is determined. So for instance, if this number is set to 3. Any storage chests placed by this tribe-group will have an access-structure inventory rank of 3 so anyone below that rank will not be able to access the inventory.

New Structure Activate Rank - When a tribe member belonging to this group places down a new object, they attach a rank-requirement to it. This is how that is determined. So for instance, if this number is set to 3. Any object placed by this tribe-group will have an activate structure rank of 3, so anyone below that rank will not be able to access it.

Ride Pets Rank - The rank required to ride on tribe owned creatures.

Order Pets Rank - The rank required to use whistle commands on tribe owned creatures (including Follow, aggression whistles, etc).

There is a total of 11 different ranks that a tribe can choose to utilize (0-10). A member of the tribe who is set as Founder or Admin will bypass whatever tribe rank is applied to them. In order to change the rank required on a creature or structure, use the radial menu that is accessible at that creature or structure. 

large.20160504153912_1.jpg

Here you can see you have the options to increase or decrease the Order Rank, Inventory Access Rank, and Riding Rank of this dinosaur. When using the radial menu on structures, you will see a combination of the permissions listed above depending on the structure.

Try it out and let us know how it goes with your tribe! :)

All the best,
Wildcard Jat, Jen & The ARK Survival Evolved Team

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Index154 said:

Yeah, I thought the same. They should put all the ranking options into a seperate menu wheel which can be accessed from one option on the original wheel. Similar to the emotes menu.

I would say to have a separate window open like there is for Custom Consumables or Painting dinos/structures that is accessible from the radial menu. Having to set a dino to rank 10 for all three options means I need to access the radial menu at least 30 times, more if I accidentally select the "decrease" option. 

It would also be nice to have a mass setting to change everything already placed. Otherwise, we have to change every chest, door, etc. one at a time and on bigger tribes, you're talking hours of work. 

After using the UI for 10 min I can say that it is way to cumbersome.

A more elegant solution would be too:

Instead of - Holding E > Mouse to Increase/Decrease > Click LMB > Repeat

It should be - Hold E > Mouse to Ranking Option > Click LMB/RMB to increase/decrease > Click center to apply (and this would work for both console and pc)

This would make setting up each dino/door/storage/whatever only take you opening the menu ONCE! AND reduce the number of menu items that appear on the radial (by half you wouldn't need one radial option for both increase/decease for each option as it would function for both)

3 hours ago, Jen said:

It'll be getting a UI overhaul, this is just the first iteration. :)

23 minutes ago, PhotographyRaptor said:

Sooooo, do you need a specific rank to change the activation level of your personally owned dinos/structures?

Cause I'm not getting any of those options shown in the picture above, my radial menu looks exactly like before.

Yeah, would be nice for a way for owners of a tribe to change structures/dinos to tribe owned without having to unclaime/remove the dino/structure.

I like this. 

For sometime I was assisting new players to the Official Server I was on. I gave them open and free access to a modest 3 sotry structure ( I call it the N851 Guest House ) where there are storage containers, mortar and pestle, campfire, bookshelf, doors they can close to keep wild from attacking them, roof top access and signs with where they are on the map, an advisement to kill them selves now and start a new character if they have a default name (Joe/Bob, Anne/Jane), and a sign to a cliff, and a place outside they could put there sleeping bag(s) (as on my structure is not allowed).

That was all I could do. Well I did do more in assistance in tossing them tools, and armour (in the storage for anyone to use, that happened upon the place). I steered them in no directions of what to do, or who they could, or may not want to join, that's all THEIR choice.

I had for the longest time thought. Wouldn't it be cool, if I could bring them into a Welcome To Server _____ (tribe) and let them have access to various things (tames, rooms, storage containers), based on their level. With the understanding that when they reach say level 20, they would have to leave the tribe and either establish their own tribe, or be recruited into an established tribe on the server.

Sure it cuts a lot of the early grinding and suffering out, but it I believed would help grow the servers population.

With a meeting with the heads of all tribes (including the Alphas/Betas and regional area), they I would hope contribute to me building the infrastructure to house such a project. The tribes have always known me to be a solo player and neutral to all, and help fresh meat (no threat to anyone) get started.

Once I have time to investigate this new ranking, and permissions feature, I will consider moving this endeavour forward, if it looks like it will work.

-----

Playing on PvP servers doesn't always mean conflict, you can do ANYTHING you want, including helping others out. Karma paid me back a few times, when a decent sized french tribe, decided to start over on a french speaking server, and DONATED to me their entire structure and tames (more than I can handle). In fact I've considered holding an auction for some of the lower level tames, but only to players that were level 20 or under (they have to work for it, and when they deliver their winning bid, they get the tame).

Best wishes to all survivors, and keep your pike/spears at the ready.

(PS. How can people fly without a parachute? The losses are huge if you can't get back to your body in time)

Cheers

Nemesis851 (N851)

6 hours ago, DustinMathisen said:

I would say to have a separate window open like there is for Custom Consumables or Painting dinos/structures that is accessible from the radial menu. Having to set a dino to rank 10 for all three options means I need to access the radial menu at least 30 times, more if I accidentally select the "decrease" option. 

It would also be nice to have a mass setting to change everything already placed. Otherwise, we have to change every chest, door, etc. one at a time and on bigger tribes, you're talking hours of work. 

I am 6 hours in. I am not even close to being done. The real kick to the dinonutz was when I got to X-Plants and realized that I had to set settings for both the plant and the plot. I gave up at that point.

Guest UNST3RBLICH

I would really recommend putting the Increase and Decrease options on opposite sides of the wheel. I spent about five minutes when first messing with this subsequently increasing and then decreasing the same option without realizing it. They're too close together and easily mixed up IMO. Maybe if they were color coded green and red instead it would be more clear.

10 hours ago, BUCKMASTER said:

Needs a Tribe option for the Leader to "Set all Structures to rank:" and fill in the number, same for Dinos and Containers.  That way we can make EVERYTHING one rank and do the selective demoting of a few structures.  Doors, Chests, etc.  I'd rather start at SECURE and bump selective things down.

Please listen to this guy. 

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived