Please let us bury boxes in Ark 2

St1ckyBandit

First off I know animals like the purlovia can burrow, but it's basically pointless as a way of hiding loot when the all seeing eye of GOD parasaur can spot their exact location from 100m away.

I'd love to be able to bury boxes like in Dayz. Would give us non-alphas a little piece of mind.

Of course there could be a patch of disturbed dirt to signify something is buried or possibly even a metal detector of sorts that you have to be extremely close to the box to use to prevent buried stashed from being completely OP.

Maybe even go as far as limiting what can be buried like no BPs.

Just an idea. I've never heard anyone complain about buried stashes in Dayz and I'd like to see Ark 2 be a little more forgiving towards us small tribes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/25/2020 at 6:51 AM, St1ckyBandit said:

First off I know animals like the purlovia can burrow, but it's basically pointless as a way of hiding loot when the all seeing eye of GOD parasaur can spot their exact location from 100m away.

I'd love to be able to bury boxes like in Dayz. Would give us non-alphas a little piece of mind.

Of course there could be a patch of disturbed dirt to signify something is buried or possibly even a metal detector of sorts that you have to be extremely close to the box to use to prevent buried stashed from being completely OP.

Maybe even go as far as limiting what can be buried like no BPs.

Just an idea. I've never heard anyone complain about buried stashes in Dayz and I'd like to see Ark 2 be a little more forgiving towards us small tribes.

can we just make the terrain in ark 2 more modifiable by players in general? Like in minecraft you can like mine the ground or smth idk just make the environment more interactive, allowing you to bury boxes in the process

On 1/7/2021 at 9:24 AM, Qwertymine said:

Honestly, makes no sense that Parasaurs can detect hidden/buried targets. They should really take another look at this ability, maybe only make it work on moving targets or something. 

Paras ability is very simple, it works by finding anything that will “attack” you. This will also detect Ovis, Dolphins, and Diplos, Tapajara, ect. And also players. It would take a long time to make it do specifics to specific things.

14 minutes ago, thedrongoofark said:

can we just make the terrain in ark 2 more modifiable by players in general? Like in minecraft you can like mine the ground or smth idk just make the environment more interactive, allowing you to bury boxes in the process

First off, meshing, secound off, You May not know this, but every single harvestable, and some solid unharvestables, are placed down in a specific location, for foliage these will respawn in these spots. Moving landscape would make these float or be buried, third, the glitches with this would be limitless, fourth, there would be nothing reliable and spulunking would be easy, taming any dino easy, making OP ratholes, ECT. Fifth, I’d be laggy, Sixth, water wouldn’t work properly, Seventh, I doubt that’s even possible to make it do that in UE4 using the current landscape system. Eight, that’s not the way the game is made, it’s supposed to be non editable.

Just now, Dinobros2000 said:

First off, meshing, secound off, You May not know this, but every single harvestable, and some solid unharvestables, are placed down in a specific location, for foliage these will respawn in these spots. Moving landscape would make these float or be buried, third, the glitches with this would be limitless, fourth, there would be nothing reliable and spulunking would be easy, taming any dino easy, making OP ratholes, ECT. Fifth, I’d be laggy, Sixth, water wouldn’t work properly, Seventh, I doubt that’s even possible to make it do that in UE4 using the current landscape system. Eight, that’s not the way the game is made, it’s supposed to be non editable.

bruh I see flying plants and rocks all the time in normal ark

True I guess that'd botch the whole game and make it insanely glitchy, but maybe still have more interactive terrain

On 2/18/2021 at 9:56 PM, Dinobros2000 said:

Paras ability is very simple, it works by finding anything that will “attack” you. This will also detect Ovis, Dolphins, and Diplos, Tapajara, ect. And also players. It would take a long time to make it do specifics to specific things.

Simplicity can be a blessing or curse. In the case of Parasaurs, it's a curse on balance. There's many aspects of the game that could use more complex actions, like the agro system or creature interactions. 

Archived