How can I trap an alpha raptor?

Laveyan

As the title says I'm looking for a way to trap an alpha raptor, to kill it. I've already tried the usual way by making a 3x3 taming trap with doorframes all around it, but the alpha raptor just clips right through the doorframes and out of the trap(they are not double doorframes they are single). I am currently playing on a beginner server which means whatever solution you guys can come up with it will have to be something a lvl 44 character can do.

Easiest way to kill an alpha is to let it either kill you or wait for it to kill something else cause alphas cant harvest bodies so they just get stuck in a looping animation of trying to eat the body. So run out naked and let it kill you and come right back with a crossbow or something and shoot it from a distance, if you get too close it will change aggro and come after you tho so be careful with that. Also the dead bodies will only last so long so eventually it will decay and the raptor will start running around again.

you could build a ramp trap.....build a solid rock wall box, with a ramp up to the top of a wall. Nearby place a bed or sleeping bag next to it, and a ladder with a platform at the top of it next to it as well.
Have the raptor follow you into it....You will die, but you will be able to spawn in next to the trap and take your shots accordingly.

You might want a crossbow and couple hundred arrows tho. Alphas are super tough for a lower level. Or if you want to lvl up a tame, you could weaken it and then use your tame for the finishing kill....Im not sure if a frog is able to lick through walls, but if you can build next to a rock and get your frog angled just right, you might be able to lick over the wall......This will help you level your frog up and get it ready for a swamp cave run later.

5 hours ago, Piffguru said:

Easiest way to kill an alpha is to let it either kill you or wait for it to kill something else cause alphas cant harvest bodies so they just get stuck in a looping animation of trying to eat the body. So run out naked and let it kill you and come right back with a crossbow or something and shoot it from a distance, if you get too close it will change aggro and come after you tho so be careful with that. Also the dead bodies will only last so long so eventually it will decay and the raptor will start running around again.

My favorite way to kill alphas with wyverns :)

Archived