New Year Surprise Event!

StudioWildcard

I have different problem ....... first the drop was in the coldest part of the map and i died after picking up 2 presents if thats not bad enough i went back to my body to collect my stuff but as i went to open inventory my body despawned along with all the un-collected drops so not only did I lose the presents i lost everything i was carrying including my mana chibi some rare armor and weapons and cryo'd tames so i am not happy😡

• Facepalm 2

I run a server from xbox one and play on windows 10 with some friends. The event didn't trigger, so I thought I could just activate it manualy from the game menu, but it doesn't work, I tried hundreds of times in hundreds of different ways. For what I read, single player/unofficial do not have this event, but we were supposed to be able to activate it, but we just cannot, because it looks like thats only possible on steam/epic version.
I can't express with words how frustrated I am, how much time I lost for nothing, the whole week waiting for this, a good time with friends turned into a nightmare AGAIN. Ark is my favorite game, but WC do not deserve 1% of it.

1 hour ago, EmberStar said:

I wanted to see this in single player.  It apparently never triggered by itself.  I tried adding the activeevent command after it clearly didn't work.  Which also clearly didn't work.  So... yay.  Once again, singleplayer mode can apparently suck it.

I did as well. I added the code and , and nothing happened. I was really looking forward to this and got pretty much screwed over because it never triggered, so much wasted time waiting on it. My parents couldn't even get it to work with the server they bought, and they tried with both with the code and without it.

36 minutes ago, sTv said:

Parameters ?NewYear1UTC= and ?NewYear2UTC= are nonfunctional even if they are set correctly, the event will start at the official EST time.

The first event has worked correctly on my unofficial server, so the parameters are working.
Did you correctly convert your local time to UTC time before generating the timestamp ?

Can we get some sort of official word about single player?  It didn't work automatically at midnight EST, then I tried all sorts of combinations of the command line parameters and nothing.  Also tried non-dedicated which basically hosts your single player as a server and still nothing.  Nothing on the forums, reddit, twitter.

The lack of communication and clarity is unacceptable, but then again that's even less surprising than the event not working.

11 hours ago, egernybar said:

Can we get some sort of official word about single player?  It didn't work automatically at midnight EST, then I tried all sorts of combinations of the command line parameters and nothing.  Also tried non-dedicated which basically hosts your single player as a server and still nothing.  Nothing on the forums, reddit, twitter.

The lack of communication and clarity is unacceptable, but then again that's even less surprising than the event not working.

Shout at them on Twitter.  They don't pay attention to their own forums at all, but they've got plenty of time to get in pissing contests with random trolls on Twitter.

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
49 minutes ago, Reb26 said:

So we all waited till midnight with the entire server and guess what............................NO FIRE WORKS, Not on new years eve or on the 1 of January as mentioned, wildcard screwed us again, what a mess 

Was it midnight EST you waited up till?

On 12/23/2020 at 10:12 AM, XenoRene said:

Would be great if you would fix the servers though before giving away presents :(

CI 880 is down over 4 hours now. people are sad. this all started when the 2x kicked in.

Regards

Right....CI 830 is crashing every save (15min) till this date! Tickets open, report made, community on discord all did it, and till this damn date 03.01.21 NO RESPONSE. Max we getting is sometimes a hour or two after crash.

On 12/23/2020 at 2:12 PM, XenoRene said:

Would be great if you would fix the servers though before giving away presents :(

CI 880 is down over 4 hours now. people are sad. this all started when the 2x kicked in.

Regards

Continuous lags and timeout disconnections on all official servers I play. I think most people would most prefer a playable game instead of a bunch of useless garbage. Please fix the core of this game first! 

On 12/31/2020 at 6:29 PM, Theshinydino said:

On abberation will the drops spawn on the surface or just across the map? Because if they spawn on the surface there is a chance it could be daytime and abberation players will have no accsess to the drops.

its on the surface but happens during the night cycle (or it did last year) and that was a nightmare. I had one guy while I was fighting off reapers come and take the present and bring me... more reapers...