New Year Surprise Event!

StudioWildcard

On 12/23/2020 at 11:15 PM, Reubatina11 said:

What about Unofficial and Singleplayer? Will this be automatically enabled on Singleplayer? If not, there isn't really a way to enable it, at least on Console.

Actually there is now go to local/host then select the advanced tab and scroll all the way down and you will see a bar that says "Active Event" and in the description it says "Name of the Event" e.g WinterWonderland

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Brexit2021 said:

Doesnt seem fair to all the other time zones, I will have to be up 4.30 and 5am seems a little nationalist to me

There's 5pm UK on New Years Day too.

If they were only catering for EST they wouldn't be running it twice at a more convenient time for others.

Edited by GP

For those hosting their own servers using ASM, here's what you'll want to drop into your ADMINISTRATION tab:

unknown.png

The first epoch time is set to 00:01 CST Jan 1, 2021, and the second is 12:00 CST Jan 1, 2021. You can change these using the epoch converter provided in WC's post:  https://www.epochconverter.com/ 

?NewYear1UTC=1609480860?NewYear2UTC=1609524000

If you're bare-hosting, drop this into your game.ini:

-NewYearEvent?NewYear1UTC=1609480860?NewYear2UTC=1609524000

I believe this should work the same for Singleplayer, but don't quote me on it. Most people I know will use ASM to host their SP experience, since it gives you far greater control over the game versus the built-in tools 👍

• Thanks 1

On 12/23/2020 at 5:45 AM, Kituneki said:

as nice as that all sounds, thats literally 5 in the morning for those who live in the GMT time zone

And if they were to stagger it by time zone then people from the other time zones would flood the servers to get extra, but end up crashing servers instead.

On 12/23/2020 at 9:32 AM, Cyberra said:

Raptor Claus is doing more than starting arguments... There's one guy on my server who will swoop in and steal present drops right out from under you even if you were already there waiting. People have been at the edge of war about it

This always happens with raptor claus. We had an event just after official started (start of the end of legacy) where all regular drops became Xmas drops at night. Everyone got stuff and it was glorious. No arguing or BS just presents. Including hairstyles, bps, gear, saddles, etc...

19 minutes ago, SeleneVerona said:

This always happens with raptor claus. We had an event just after official started (start of the end of legacy) where all regular drops became Xmas drops at night. Everyone got stuff and it was glorious. No arguing or BS just presents. Including hairstyles, bps, gear, saddles, etc...

See that would actually make sense. Raptor Claus as it exists just makes people hate the other players on their server because it's always a few greedy jerks using manas or skiffs to steal the drops from people who got there first and/or were waiting on the ground. Heck the first night of the event one of them got under me with his mana and jumped into the air so I'd fall to my death.  Adding holiday loot items (even at a reduced rate) to normal drops during the event would make things more fair so everyone could have a chance to get something other than frustration.

• Thanks 1

Okay, as usual it seems they screwed up.

Here (in the community post) they say "Midnight EST and Noon EST on the 1st of January 2021", but in-game it says 11:30 PM EST (Dec1) and 12 PM EST (Jan1)

Also apparently the presents only drop in a undisclosed location, so only those who actually knew about that part got any presents on the live servers. It was not a server wide event as we're led to believe here. Nor did they actually tell anyone in-game (at least on The Island servers) about this.

So in conclusion, the community team and the dev team are both at ass-ends of the planet from each other with only a broken tin-can phone to communicate as they can't get anything right between them.