New Year Surprise Event!

StudioWildcard

1 hour ago, Cyberra said:

Raptor Claus is doing more than starting arguments... There's one guy on my server who will swoop in and steal present drops right out from under you even if you were already there waiting. People have been at the edge of war about it

need to put a 30 min cooldown after getting a present so that doesnt happn. only last for 30 mins then they disappear. But that would make sense so its not even a possibilty.

Edited by Pilsy

🥰Wait, this is a magical gift thank you so much, I appreciate how you design these events with only pve in mind, but why do you neglect the pvp players that don’t use chibis.  Can I suggest having actual loot that we don’t popcorn on the floor, like rain fabby snipers and c4, or let us trade in those chibis for actual items. You only are rewarding one part of your game.  Pvp players on average would rather 100 c4 than the most rare chibi, we are not here to collect video game jewelry , give us gear that actually maxes out and not some sniper that is 200 dura and 150 damage, we want the good stuff stop thinking chibis , think c4,  it’s about time you take the training wheels off and start giving us fob mats and weapons.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

• Volunteer Moderator
45 minutes ago, azuramoon said:

GREAT IDEA GUYS!!! GREAT WORK!! but could you change the time so im not waiting up all night in the uk? and please please please fix the wyvern nests only half are working since the turkey event!!!! 

What about 5pm in the UK the next day?

6 hours ago, Zahlea said:

Sounds really cool! Thanks for that :D

But... will unofficials be able to have it?

And please - can you confirm whether ActiveEvent=WinterWonderland will work after you end the event on official servers? 🥺

The way they've been handling the events is that as soon as it's over and they do the next hotfix they actually *remove* all the holiday-only assets.  So even if you have ActiveEvent set up, there won't be Raptor Claus or Gacha Clause because they completely remove the files for them.  Ditto for all the holiday decorations.

Personally I'm going to try to remember to go through and demolish all the decorations on the last day, because most of them give a small amount of coal/holly.  I'll use that to craft a few extra sweaters or hats or something.  Mostly because, as I said, chances are very high that as soon as the event ends all the decorations will just vanish.  And half of something is better than all of nothing.  :(

12 hours ago, Reubatina11 said:

What about Unofficial and Singleplayer? Will this be automatically enabled on Singleplayer? If not, there isn't really a way to enable it, at least on Console.

I think there is.. you just have to find the bar thats about events and put in current event. or the name of the event.. I think.. It worked on my single player and I play on ps4

13 hours ago, XenoRene said:

Would be great if you would fix the servers though before giving away presents :(

CI 880 is down over 4 hours now. people are sad. this all started when the 2x kicked in.

Regards

Ci 884 Keeps crashing, everyone is too scared to leave their base because they dont know if they will be safe if the server goes down. 

Yes more crashing on a laggy AF game that's only gotten worse during this sorry excuse for a nice ending to 2020. It's amazing that with treatment like this for your community, that there's anybody left to play the game of ARK.

How about fixing the problems rather than dropping more garbage on your players. 

My God 99% of you guys are ungrateful jerks. The poison that is most of you guys that comment on here has got to stop. If you are so pissed off with wildcard then stop playing the dang game and let those of us that love it in spite of the issues enjoy it without all the bickering. 

I for one thank you very much wildcard and am excited for this. I just hope you are able to find a way to make it work on unofficial as I run my own server because I can't deal with the poison players like most of the people commenting on this announcement. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year WildCard! I am extremely excited to see what ya'll bring us next! Keep up the amazing work! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 3

• Volunteer Moderator
10 hours ago, Arcterian said:

How about yo adapting it to the general server location...like GMT 0 in the EU server rather then going by the US east coast time and so on.

So you are saying that you prefer 00:00 and 12:00 over 05:00 and 17:00?

You'd rather be up at midnight on New Years playing Ark?

Ragazzi

dopo che avete lanciato ark 2 mi sembrate una banda di coglioni

avete abbandonato i progetti del primo ark

gìa pieno di cose da migliorare 

Fate i fighi dicendo che avete fatto i regali 

e lasciate un x2 com’è è stato fino ad adesso

ho speso 200€ per tutte le espansioni e continua ad essere un gioco inconpleto

state tranquilli che se continuate così non mi faccio più fottere la prossima volta 

3 minutes ago, TROX92 said:

guys

after you launched ark 2 you look like a gang of balls

you have abandoned the projects of the first ark

already full of things to improve

Be cool saying you gave gifts

and leave a x2 as it has been until now

I spent € 200 on all expansions and it continues to be an incomplete game

rest assured that if you continue like this, I won't be screwed next time

• Facepalm 1

Hope people won't be derps and snipe everything from presents when another person is already there first. I haven't been able to get a single present on the servers I'm on cause people keep grabbing them before me even when I'm the first person at a present.

Or do you guys mean that the presents will be like literally everywhere in the map? cause that would be nice everyone will have a chance then I think.

23 hours ago, EmberStar said:

The way they've been handling the events is that as soon as it's over and they do the next hotfix they actually *remove* all the holiday-only assets.  So even if you have ActiveEvent set up, there won't be Raptor Claus or Gacha Clause because they completely remove the files for them.  Ditto for all the holiday decorations.

Personally I'm going to try to remember to go through and demolish all the decorations on the last day, because most of them give a small amount of coal/holly.  I'll use that to craft a few extra sweaters or hats or something.  Mostly because, as I said, chances are very high that as soon as the event ends all the decorations will just vanish.  And half of something is better than all of nothing.  :(

Yeah, I know. I don't understand why they do it though. I keep hoping that they won't remove all the assets! But more than that, I wish they would just tell us!! I mean - there's no way they don't know already whether they'll forcefully remove all the assets. So why not be upfront about it? I really don't understand the reason for avoiding it. 

It's so frustrating! Also, I find it so stressful to have to play during a set time, so much that I can't enjoy the event at all. This is my favourite event and I'm avoiding it because it makes me feel too bad to try to join in. After this year, I really can't handle more stress. I so wish they would bring back the ability to make the events last longer 😢 

Edited by Zahlea
Typo
  • Like 1