Most hidden part of any ark map

Canacullus

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Canacullus said:

Hello, I am trying to find a super well hidden place for my ark base, I have access to all maps. I’m trying to hide from the alpha tribe. I need a place that’s nearly impossible to find and easy to defend.

You won't be able to find it online. Everyone talking about the hidden spots on the interwebz makes them all... not hidden anymore.

11 minutes ago, Canacullus said:

Ok ty. I’m willing to give up hiddenness for defendableness. I’m thinking an artifact cave, those are pretty good to build in.

That paints a target on your back. Sooner or later someone will come looking for the artifact and find you and even if you put free artifacts outside the cave someone will want to raid you just because.

Locations that are easy to defend will be taken and will also be prime targets. Any location found in a youtube video is not hidden and most people will know to look there, especially if you want to hide from an active tribe. No base location, no matter how defendable will prevent you from being raided if the tribe you're hiding from has the numbers and tames to attempt a raid.

If you want to hide from a tribe the best option is to live off server, if you're dead set on staying in the server then you're better off not having a base and living out of upload. If that isn't an option then the only chance you have at finding a hidden spot is scouting the map in singleplayer looking for a suitable location. Look at videos to avoid any known spots, and hopefully you can find someplace sneaky. Search along cliffs, edges of walls where blocks of terrain meet, anywhere that might have a small opening with enough space to place a few foundations that you can place beds/forges/smithy/fabricator on.

If you find a spot, never leave any tames out while you're offline and stash your gear and kill yourself before you log off to prevent parasaur scouting from detecting your character or any tames.

5 hours ago, Zarn said:

Skybox quetz base.  On a larger map. No defense,  but an Alpha will wipe you anyway with defense. 

I always wondered why no one puts a bunch of aggressive dimorphs and vultures following the Quetz at low target distance. 

It would at least buy some time that they'd have to deal with it. Bonus for microraptors that may knock the rider down for a long fall.

Quetz base on gen OP, I went to war on official as a solo with my alpha for 3 months before I got bored

Whistle to sky box, only way to scout it is if the griefer decides to do the same, has a whale, or a skiff. And in all likelyhood they will be too lazy for that unless they are hunting you or read my posts

10 hours ago, Canacullus said:

Hello, I am trying to find a super well hidden place for my ark base, I have access to all maps. I’m trying to hide from the alpha tribe. I need a place that’s nearly impossible to find and easy to defend.

Yeah, in all honesty, when it comes to hiding from other people, there is no such thing as a safe base........best you can do is try to find a friendly and casual server, build a little over kill, but prepare yourself just in case you loose it all.
Even the hard to get to spots, are typically the first places checked by those who want to find other players bases.

16 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I always wondered why no one puts a bunch of aggressive dimorphs and vultures following the Quetz at low target distance. 

It would at least buy some time that they'd have to deal with it. Bonus for microraptors that may knock the rider down for a long fall.

Oh my god.  That would be terrifying considering that youd have to use flyers of some sort to even do the raiding, and also considering that they target and attack the rider with priority.  Bred out vultures can also easily have thousands of HP and be quite a pain to kill.

Kinda a good strategy. 

1 hour ago, TheDonn said:

Oh my god.  That would be terrifying considering that youd have to use flyers of some sort to even do the raiding, and also considering that they target and attack the rider with priority.  Bred out vultures can also easily have thousands of HP and be quite a pain to kill.

Kinda a good strategy. 

Add an ichtyornis flock to make it even more annoying for people standing on flyer's back.

2 hours ago, TheDonn said:

Kinda a good strategy. 

Til someone flys up w a Griffin and snipes the quetz from outside aggro range

Archived