I've noticed something while transferring cryopoded dinos between Arks

TinyForearms

Keep in mind this is on Single Player, so I haven't tested it out on other servers

I have 200+ days on the Island map. I went to the Ragnarok map for the first time to tame a couple Griffons, I don't upload dinos through obelisks coz transferring cryopods allows them to keep their saddles

when I transferred back to the Island, I noticed my cryopods had only 13 days left of charge (these were fully charged when I first set out and i've only been gone for less than an Ark day so I lost around 17-18 days in one transfer) and I was only gone for a couple hours at most

What's more is when I took them out of the pods they had gained a MASSIVE XP boost and got 50 something levels instantly

So clearly what happened, somehow while transferring the pods took the difference between my 200+ days on the island with my 1 day on Rag and gave them the XP that they would have gained during that time spent.
I'd also like to point out that this doesn't happen to any other item, in fact transferring items with spoil timers through obelisks actually resets the spoil timers

I tested this over and over and it works everytime. (Soo Potential easy XP?)
I sincerely doubt this works on official PvP or other servers since I have never heard of this happening to anyone

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Hmmmm interesting..  are you able to make another test? Cryo a fresh tame on the day 1 server, pod it, transfer it to new server see if it gains the "200 days in cryo" glitch again?

Edit: definitely sounds like a single player exclusive glitch, so we can test without worries :)

it doesn't necessarily have to be a fresh tame from that map, just as long as you take a podded dino out of the obelisk put it back and upload again

but yeah again, highly doubt it works on official. I don't play on servers so I can't test this there, or at least i'll have to spend another 18 actual days on a certain map before i can start

gamers are really clever, if there's a way to exploit a game, they'd have been doing it by now

10 hours ago, TinyForearms said:

it doesn't necessarily have to be a fresh tame from that map, just as long as you take a podded dino out of the obelisk put it back and upload again

but yeah again, highly doubt it works on official. I don't play on servers so I can't test this there, or at least i'll have to spend another 18 actual days on a certain map before i can start

gamers are really clever, if there's a way to exploit a game, they'd have been doing it by now

Fresh tame just for the test. Ensures a bit of a base for tests. If you can reproduce it (and get a video or two screens before after for wc to fix / investigate) do try.

This stuff is interesting. Never know what they could uncover while looking into it. You are right about gamers.

9 hours ago, WallyWick said:

Huh, I've transfered podded dinos on single player and this has never happened to me.

I too have transferred between an old map and new map SP podded  (and vice versa) but who knows what could of happened.

@TinyForearms What platform? Dedicated sp or just single saves? Will help a lot

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

I too have transferred between an old map and new map SP podded  (and vice versa) but who knows what could of happened.

@TinyForearms What platform? Dedicated sp or just single saves? Will help a lot

Just plain single player and on PC

if they were high level dinos already then the added xp would be real hard to notice. those last 10 or so levels take forever to grind xp for normally

but you should notice a drop in the cryopods durability

Now I upload that pod to the island (Day 263) popped lester out

as you can see the pod is at 16 days charge left, Lester just gained 70 levels 
Lester has exactly the same stats even the food is the same so this was immediately taken after unpodding

if you can see down here i'm at the blue obelisk in the island's snow biome (the former is the center's blue obelisk if you can see the blue beam in the background) so you can be sure that it's a different map

Edit: My XP multiplier is at default 1 btw so apparently 14 real world days in cryopod gives that much exp

Hmm.. maybe i shoulda kept lester in the pod and just hovered my mouse over it to show its the same pod, but doing that wouldn't show how much exp it gained

4.png

Cryopods increase the passive xp gain of tames by around 10%. After a quick Google search (ark dinos passive xp) there is an archived post on here that gives you the numbers for when it's not cryo'd vs cryo'd vs in a cryofridge.

As for losing days on the pod. I haven't noticed this happen on official servers but then again I wasn't paying attention to the days on there. I'll check next time I get on. 

2 hours ago, HeavenlyXInglex said:

Cryopods increase the passive xp gain of tames by around 10%. After a quick Google search (ark dinos passive xp) there is an archived post on here that gives you the numbers for when it's not cryo'd vs cryo'd vs in a cryofridge.

As for losing days on the pod. I haven't noticed this happen on official servers but then again I wasn't paying attention to the days on there. I'll check next time I get on. 

Yes we know. Thats why its strange that one minute in a cryopod yields 3+ weeks worth of passive exp gain after a server transfer.

One can only assume its tied to the days lost on the pod. Ive done many sp playthroughs and transferred many times never seen this. 

400 days in ark is 13 days (give or take half a day), the xp amount given is more than 13 days in a cryo pod. 

Now it could be due to the days on the servers being so far apart. 18 on the Center and 263 on the Island. 245 days difference. Now it could of taken into consideration when you started playing your single player game and started your center map on the same day but it still needs to catch up. If that makes sense. 

Archived