Please reconsider the way this Christmas event gives us a "Jolly feeling"

AngryGamer666

As the title states, this update has got to be the biggest slap in the face ever to us all, no-one cares about your Ark 2 work, you will just be remembered for the mess you made of this game. 

Your constant messed up updates, accounts lost or corrupted. Events that players could not get into, servers constantly down. And the final slap in the face a 15gig update that basically gave us just coloured dinos and a chance at some loot, all packaged up as a Winter Wonderland without any snow. Logging on to this pathetic event was like taking a child to see a department store santa and his beard falls of revealing the stores money grabbing con.

Dear WildCard,

please reconsider this and upcoming Christmasevent involving the gifts.

On our PvE official server people are calling eachother names, being accused of stealing/griefing. Some players apperently have no respect nor the Christmasspirit. I know, I know, that's the world nowadays, but sometime people go completely out of their minds in chat. No jolly feelings, no spirit. 

And I don't think that's the general idea. Especially with these harsh days in RL.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, NuFu said:

Dear WildCard,

please reconsider this and upcoming Christmasevent involving the gifts.

On our PvE official server people are calling eachother names, being accused of stealing/griefing. Some players apperently have no respect nor the Christmasspirit. I know, I know, that's the world nowadays, but sometime people go completely out of their minds in chat. No jolly feelings, no spirit. 

And I don't think that's the general idea. Especially with these harsh days in RL.

Thank you.

Welcome to every day every Holliday season when you work a retail job.

People suck.

People suck more during the hollidays.

Fear evolved....the stuff you need to unlock the holiday skins are ground spawns.

Thanksgiving event....you get the wishbones from killing turkeys.

Valentine's event....you get the boxes of chocolates from breeding your dinos.

Christmas.....you learn to hate every other player on your server because a bunch of greedy jerks don't believe in sharing and think they deserve it all. >_> Can you at least add coal and mistletoe to the loot tables of regular supply drops or add a ground spawn system so people who just want to unlock the holiday skins can?

5 minutes ago, mafisher79 said:

Christmas.....you learn to hate every other player on your server because a bunch of greedy jerks don't believe in sharing and think they deserve it all. >_> Can you at least add coal and mistletoe to the loot tables of regular supply drops or add a ground spawn system so people who just want to unlock the holiday skins can?

Nicely put.

In old days Santa used to give  gifts to all, even to those who didn't wrote letter to him.

Santa wife was so angry as Santa was newer at home, always working.

She explained it to Santa and threatened to go to sleep with random Santa helper each time he is not at home.

So Santa was forced to work less and found a way how to not give gifts to all but just to one and all other have to reman without.

Happy wife.

You SUCK at making events! You make it to where the more advanced tribes can be absolute.... and steal all the drops since they have spaceships and wyverns and leave literally 0 chance for the lower guys to get a dang thing.  I mean how frikkin hard is it!  Put a cooldown timer on getting the drops simple as that! 60k a year, hire me i'll help your events suck less.

Same with the damn turkey event, that one sucked toO! Can't even kill a turkey with 2 maxed argies and 2 shotguns with 100 rounds each and a rex. ended up having to run. I mean DILO! Then someone on a mana or wyvern comes over and 5 shots it..... 

VERY Frustrating. 

If you are new to ARK i can see some sympathy. If you have played since last year I don't know what you were expecting. It reminds me of when people play PVP, lose all their stuff to another player then wonder how it happened. Honestly, it should open your eyes to who you can/can't trust on your server. Most online games have toxic communities. If you want  the drops play single player.

1 hour ago, maxplanck58 said:

In the spirit of Ark being sandbox, the game provides the opportunities and it is up to the players to bring the jolly to it.  Organize with some like-minded players on your server - the potential for jolly is there, all you have to do is put the work in to bring it.

Organize with others on my server to do what exactly? Nothing the nice people on my server have done has stopped the rando server hoppers from logging in and snatching the gifts, not to mention the few server regulars who just don't want to play ball. To add insult to injury, the guys stealing the presents have started calling us would be organizers the thieves. 

• Volunteer Moderator
34 minutes ago, xirael said:

plus is really unfair for the new players to xD

I'm always a little intrigued by why people think anything in a sandbox video game should be "fair". 

There are little to no rules, so how can you define what's fair?

Fair:

adjective

1. In accordance with the rules or standards; legitimate.

In this sandbox game there are very few rules. And people grabbing a dropped present before you are certainly not breaking any of those few rules.

16 hours ago, sjskdjkfa said:

Organize with others on my server to do what exactly? Nothing the nice people on my server have done has stopped the rando server hoppers from logging in and snatching the gifts, not to mention the few server regulars who just don't want to play ball. To add insult to injury, the guys stealing the presents have started calling us would be organizers the thieves. 

Well, I can tell you what we did on our server last year.  We started with a similar problem: after almost all regulars agreeing to play as 1st come, 1st serve, there were a couple of players named 123 on manas that would go down the line of presents and push people out of the way, then steal the present with macros. 

So we organized to get 3-4 cool people on manas and wyverns to defend the presents, collect as many as possible, then meet any interested player at our community center to distribute the gifts.  There was a rotation of which players got to pick first.  We even invited the 123s to get gifts, even though they stole as much as they could from the drop sites.  We would also leave random gifts at the bases of newer active players and have gift hunts.  We brought the jolly - it just takes the right people and organization.  I can't imagine that this would be likely on most servers, but it worked great on ours.

Granted, with 3-4 counter thieves to fend off the 123s, we didn't get every present to distribute, but we got most of them.  When it is working properly, Ark is what you make of it.

21 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I'm always a little intrigued by why people think anything in a sandbox video game should be "fair". 

There are little to no rules, so how can you define what's fair?

Fair:

adjective

1. In accordance with the rules or standards; legitimate.

In this sandbox game there are very few rules. And people grabbing a dropped present before you are certainly not breaking any of those few rules.

Well I don't mind, I have 8500hrs , Have bp on all possible colors, and any chibi I could want i simply buy  , or I can go on a Skiff or Mana and be a Jerk to, all this new people are the future of the game on pve is simple, and Ark with its 100000 bugs is frustrating enough, people ragging over gifts is simply bad for the server community on pve, all that matters in any game is the community , as soon is filled with toxic scum, people just leave. Them you see the same 4/70  oldies online refreshing and complain is a dead game.  If is in PVP is ok, all is fair there. 

Archived